Keke Palmer - Bio, Net Worth, Boyfriend, Age, Real Name, Facts, Height
Keke Palmer is an American actress, singer, songwriter, and television personality, who made her acting debut in the 2004 film "Barbershop 2: Back in Business" and singing debut with her first album, "So Uncool" on September 18, 2007. Palmer rose to prominence with her breakthrough role in "Akeelah and the Bee"(2006) and "Madea's Family Reunion"(2006). In her over a decade career, she won several nominations and 13 awards including 6 NAACP Image Awards. Besides, she is also active on social media with her Instagram account: @keke Twitter account: @KekePalmer.
What is Keke Palmer Famous for?
- Famous for her breakthrough role in "Akeelah and the Bee"(2006) and "Madea's Family Reunion"(2006).
Where was Keke Palmer Born?
Keke Palmer was born on August 26, 1993, in Robbins, Illinois, United States. Her birth name is Lauren Keyana Palmer. Her nationality is American. Palmer belongs to the African-American ethnicity while Virgo is her zodiac sign.
Keke Palmer was born in a well-to-do family to Sharon Palmer(mother) and Larry Palmer(father). Her father works for a polyurethane company, while her mother is a high school teacher who works with children who are autistic. Besides, both of her parents are former professional actors. Keke has three siblings, a brother Lawrence Palmer and two sisters, Lawrencia and L’Oreal Palmer.
Keke attended Rickover Jr. High School and St. Benedict School after which she was home-schooled. She began to sing at a very early age and she even urged her mother to let her sing solo in church. She didn't disappoint her mother as when she was 5, she surprised everyone with her rendition of "Jesus Loves Me".
Later, her family moved to Los Angeles, so that Keke could get more opportunities in show business. She even auditioned for a stage production of The Lion King at age nine.
Keke Palmer's Career Highlights
- Keke Palmer began her professional career in acting with her debut film, "Barbershop 2: Back in Business" in 2004.
- Then after she began a singing career after signing a record deal with Atlantic Records in 2005. The same year, she was featured in "Knights of the South Bronx", "Second Time Around" and "ER".
- She also signed with Disney Channel where she sang the songs "It's My Turn Now" and "Jumpin'" and featured in the film "Disney Channel Original Movie Jump In!"(2007) where she starred as Mary.
- Palmer got her first breakthrough career with her lead role as Akeelah Anderson in the drama film, "Akeelah and the Bee"(2006). Her debut sing, "All My Girlz" was used as a soundtrack for the movie.
- Palmer also had a supporting role in the 2006 film Madea's Family Reunion.
- In 2007, Palmer got a supporting act in the thriller, "Cleaner". She also starred in two television programs "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" and "Just Jordan".
- Her debut album, "So Uncool" was released on September 18, 2007, through Atlantic Records.
- In 2008, Palmer began her starring role as the title character in the Nickelodeon sitcom, "True Jackson, VP".
- In 2010, Palmer was signed by Jimmy Lovine, the Chairman of Interscope Records, and on January 10, 2011, her first mixtape, "Awaken" was released.
- In 2012, Palmer starred alongside Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah in the film, "Joyful Noise".
- Palmer released a self-titled mixtape "Keke Palmer" which includes singles "You Got Me" and "Dance Alone" on October 1, 2012.
- In 2013 Palmer portrayed Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas in the TLC VH1-biopic, "CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story".
- Palmer also joined "Grease: Live" broadcast on Fox and starred as Zayday Williams on the Fox horror series, "Scream Queens" the same year in 2016.
- On June 26, 2016, Palmer released a previously unreleased album she recorded when she was 16, now titled "Waited to Exhale". The same year, her memoir, "I Don't Belong to You: Quiet the Noise and Find Your Voice".
- In 2015, she signed a deal with Universal Music Group's Island Records, eventually, on November 4, 2016, Palmer released her second extended play titled "Lauren" through Island Records, and her single "Enemiez" featuring Jeremih was released on March 4, 2016.
- On April 21, 2017, Palmer released a new single titled "Wind Up" featuring Quavo.
- In July 2019, she appeared playing the role of Kym in the third season of the VH1 slasher television series, "Scream".
- In September 2019, Palmer starred opposite Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu in the comedy crime drama film, "Hustlers". The same year, in April, Palmer began guest co-hosting ABC's daytime talk show, "Strahan and Sara".
- In April 2020, Palmer hosted Quibi’s "Singled Out" Reboot, on the ongoing pandemic situation of COVID19.
- In 2022, she appeared in the American science fiction horror comedy film, "Nope" along with Daniel Kaluuya, and Steven Yeun.
Keke Palmer's Awards and Achievements
- For her performance in the film "Akeelah and the Bee" (2006), she won Chicago Film Critics Association Awards for Most Promising Performer, Black Movie Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role, Young Artist Awards for Best Performance in a Feature Film-Leading Young Actress, NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture and Black Reel Awards for Best Actress.
- In 2009 and 2010, she won NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Performance in a Youth/Children's Series or Special for her performance in True Jackson, VP.
- In 2010, she won the BET Awards for YoungStars Award for her performance for True Jackson, VP.
- In 2021, she won Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Actress in a Short Form Comedy or Drama Series.
Who is Keke Palmer dating?
Keke Palmer is unmarried but currently in a romantic relationship with Darius Jackson. It is alleged that the couple met during Issa Rae and Diddy's Memorial Day party. Palmer made his Instagram debut on Jackson's account in May 2021, when he posted a heartfelt birthday message to the actress.
Palmer was previously in a relationship with Rodney King. Palmer had a crush on King since the day, she saw him on the set of "True Jackson, VP" in 2008 shortly after then they began dating in 2010. They even had planned to get married but after 3 years of their relationship, they broke up in 2013.
She then started dating Quincy Brown, a model, actor, and singer in 2013, however, after 4 years of their relationship, they broke up in 2017. Besides, she also dated actor, Corbin Bleu in 2007 and was seen going out with rapper, Lil Twist in 2009.
What is the Net Worth of Keke Palmer?
28 years old, Keke Palmer has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actor and singer. Working in the show business field for more than a decade, she has managed to amass a million worth of fortune from her several albums and movies.
Her estimated net worth is around $10 million. Besides, she earned $20,000 per episode of "True Jackson VP", which made her the fourth-highest-paid child star on television at the time.
How Tall is Keke Palmer?
Keke Palmer is undoubtedly a beautiful lady in her late 20s. Palmer has a well-maintained slim body physique of measurement 36-25-37 inches. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inch.(1.68m) while her body weighs around 57kg(126 lbs). She has a dark complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.
Her shoe size is 8.5(US) while 4(US) is her dress size.