Kelly McGillis - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Lesbian, Husband, Fred, Leis, Top Gun, Maverick, Tom Cruise, Annie Cook, Witness, Movies, Height, Parents
An American actress widely known for her film role as Rachel Lapp in Witness with Harrison Ford, for which she received Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations; her role as Charlie in Top Gun (1986) with Tom Cruise, and her role as Kathryn Murphy in The Accused (1988) with Jodie Foster is named for Kelly McGillis. She has been cast in the lead in the biographical film Annie Cook, and also filmed Mother of All Secrets in early 2017 in Bermuda. Overall, she is a very talented actress.
Kelly McGillis claims she wasn't asked to appear in 'Top Gun: Maverick' because she's 'old and fat'
Unrealistic Hollywood beauty standards may be to blame for Top Gun stunner Kelly McGillis not being asked to appear in the upcoming sequel, the actress suggests. She told that those behind Top Gun: Maverick, due out next June, likely didn't reach out to her because she's "old and fat." She told of whether she was contacted for the film. "They did not and nor do I think they would ever. I mean, I'm old and I'm fat and I look age appropriate for what my age is. And that is not what that whole scene is about." "I'd much rather feel absolutely secure in my skin and who and what I am at my age as opposed to placing a value on all that other stuff," she added.
Early Life of Kelly
Kelly was born on 9th July 1957 in California, the USA as Kelly Ann McGillis. She is the daughter of Virginia Joan and Dr. Donald Manson McGillis, a doctor. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is Mixed. She was raised in Los Angeles and attended the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts at Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria, California. After graduating from high school in 1975, she moved to New York City to study acting at the Juilliard School, where she graduated in 1983, Group 12. Her religion is Christian. As of 2019, she celebrated his 62nd birthday.
Body Measurements of Kelly
Kelly is a very beautiful actress. She has an average height of 5 ft 10 in. Her balanced bodyweight consists of 63 Kg. Her shoe size is 10 US and her bra size is 34C. Her hair color is Brown and her eye color is Blue. Her other body measurements are not available at present. Overall, she has a healthy body.
Career of Kelly
- In 1983, Kelly made her film debut in Reuben, Reuben.
- Her breakout role was that of an Amish mother in the 1985 film Witness.
- She received Golden Globe and BAFTA award nominations for the film.
- Her next high-profile role was that of flight instructor Charlotte Blackwood (call sign "Charlie") in the 1986 fighter-pilot film Top Gun with Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer.
- She acted in the fantasy-comedy film Made in Heaven in 1987.
- She played the part of caretaker for Miss Venable (Jessica Tandy) in 1988's The House on Carroll Street.
- After 1988's The Accused, she appeared in Cat Chaser.
- She played the part of Babe Ruth's second wife, Claire Merritt Ruth, in The Babe (1992).
- From the late 1980s to the mid-1990s, McGillis appeared in Winter People (1989), and North (1994), her 2nd Amish part in television or film, as well as several made-for-TV films.
- She co-starred with Val Kilmer (who plays Virgil, a blind man), for the second time as his overprotective sister in At First Sight in 1999.
- Her early television roles included a part on the daytime soap One Life to Live in 1984.
- She also starred in television movies with Alec Baldwin in 1984's Sweet Revenge.
- Other television films during the 1980s included Private Sessions in 1985, and as a narrator in Santabear's First Christmas.
- She appeared in a couple of off-broadway and Broadway theater productions during the 1980s in New York City.
- She appeared in the stage play The Graduate as Mrs. Robinson in 2004.
- She starred in a Pasadena Playhouse stage production of The Little Foxes by Lillian Hellman in May 2009, co-starring with Julia Duffy.
- Her stage work includes: Don Juan (1982), The Sea Gull (1985), Peccadillo (1985), The Merchant Of Venice (1988), Twelfth Night (1989), Mary Stuart (1990), The Merry Wives of Windsor (1990), Hedda Gabler (1994), Mourning Becomes Electra (1997), A Midsummer Night's Dream (1999), Measure for Measure (1999) and The Graduate (2004). Additional roles in Love for Love, Six Characters in Search of an Author, Three Sisters, and The Winter's Tale.
- She appeared in Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune in 2010.
- She has been cast in the lead in the biographical film Annie Cook, and also filmed Mother of All Secrets in early 2017 in Bermuda.
Marital Status (Married), Husband, Child
Kelly is a married woman. She married fellow Juilliard student Boyd Black in 1979, but the couple divorced in 1981. Later, she married Fred Tillman in 1989, and they have two daughters. The couple divorced in 2002. McGillis came out as a lesbian in April 2009 during an interview with SheWired. She then dated Leis. Later, the couple broke up in 2011. She worked full-time with drug addicts and alcoholics at Seabrook House Drug Alcohol Rehab Center, a rehabilitation center in Bridgeton, New Jersey when she and Leis shared a home in Collingswood.
Net Worth of Kelly
The net worth of this famous actress who has been appeared in movies such as Witness starring Harrison Ford, and Storm Chasers: Revenge of the Twister will be surely in millions. Her net worth is estimated to have $7.5 Million as of 2019. Her exact salary has not been revealed yet but it will be added very soon. Overall, she is satisfied with her earnings.