Kevin James - Bio, Net Worth, Comedy, Movies, TV Shows, Tour, Awards, Wife, Kids, Brother, Family, Dead, Nationality, Age, Height, Weight, Facts, Wiki
Kevin James, born as Kevin George Knipfing is an actor cum comedian who is famous for playing the character Doug Heffernan on the CBS sitcom The King of Queens. The acting was never the initial career choice for this funny and love-able comedian; playing sports was his first love. As a school student, he used to play football and was an excellent tailback.
He was also a talented athlete who participated in wrestling matches. Wishing to make a career out of his passion he took up sports management in university. However, he realized within a few semesters that this was not what he wanted to do. Out of boredom during his summer break, he auditioned for a comedic role in a community theater production and bagged the role. He loved performing comedy so much that he decided to pursue it as a career. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Kevin James famous for?
- An actor, comedian, screenwriter, voice actor, and producer.
- His roles in comedy movies such as Grown Ups (2010), Zookeeper (2011), Here Comes the Boom (2012), and Pixels (2015).
When was Kevin James born?
Recalling his early life, Kevin was born to Janet with her husband Joseph Valentine Knipfing Jr. in Mineola, New York, the U.S in the year 1965. His mother was a worker in a chiropractor’s office and his father was an insurance agent.
He is the descendant of German ancestors and belongs to the American nationality. Similarly, his birth sign is Taurus. He spent his childhood in a decent situation along with one brother, Gary Joseph Knipfing and a sister Leslie Knipfing.
Where is Kevin James educated?
Concerning his education, Kevin completed his high school graduation from Ward Melville High School. Later on, he completed his graduation from the State University of New York at Cortland majoring in sports management.
When did Kevin James begin his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Kevin started his career as a fullback on the football team. Afterward, he realized that this field was not for him and made a life-changing decision to move towards acting.
- As a result, he started a stand-up comedian. Astoundingly, after displaying a series of stand-up comedies, he landed his first TV job as a presenter and host for the show, New Candid Camera in 1991.
- Also, his career took off to the next level after meeting his friend and fellow comedian Ray Romano, who had recently got recognition for Star Search (1983).
- Similarly, he made a recurring appearance on the TV sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond which was a great hit. It was such a hit that he landed a role on its spin-off of his own, King of Queens running from 1997 till the show ended in 2007.
- Moreover, he landed his role on his first Hollywood romantic comedy movie Hitch in 2005. Later on, he got his major break in the movie, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry in 2007. Two years later, he starred in Adam Sandler’s production, Paul Blart: Mall Cop.
- Its sequel came out in 2015 which was however not as successful as the prior one. Moreover, he appeared in various movies such as Grown Ups (2010), Grown Ups 2 (2013), Paul Blart: Mall Cop (2009), Zookeeper (2011), Here Comes the Boom (2012).
- He starred as well in the movie Pixels in 2015 and the following year in True Memoirs of an International Assassin, directed by Jeff Wadlow and released by Netflix on November 11th, 2016. In 2017, He co-starred with Adam Sandler in another Netflix film, Sandy Wexler.
- He has also appeared as a musical guest on Just for Laughs. In 2018, He released another stand-up special on Netflix called Kevin James: Never Don’t Give Up.
Who is Kevin James married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Kevin is married to actress Steffiana De La Cruz since their marriage on 19th June 2004 after knowing each other for a long time. Fortunately, they are blessed with four children, namely, Sienna-Marie, Shea Joelle, Kannon Valentine, and Sistine Sabella.
Astoundingly, the couple held each other for 13 years and still going strong. They are an inspiration to lots of young love birds all around the world. Their relationship is a true example of unconditional true love which is so hard to find these days.
Moreover, he seems to be a very loyal and dedicated person as there is no any affairs, rumors and controversy regarding his personal life. He has a very good relationship with his family and is going very strong to date.
How much is Kevin James's worth?
Through his successful career as a successful actor, he amassed a lot of fame and wealth in the feild of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $80 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Kevin James?
Observing his body statistics, Kevin stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 136 Kg. Similarly, he has an athletic body with a pair of light brown eyes and hair color. His other body information is yet t be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Kevin James You Need To Know.
- His big break came in 1996 when he won at the Just for Laughs Montreal Comedy Festival.
- He met his wife on a blind date arranged by his interior decorator.
- He is a Republican.