Keylor Navas - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Nationality, Weight,
Keilor Antonio Navas Gamboa, professionally known as Keylor Navas in a Costa Rican professional football player. He plays as a goalkeeper for the French club Paris Saint-Germain and the Costa Rica national team. He joined PSG on last day of the transfer-deadline in September 2019. He started his football career from Costa Rican club Saprissa and has later played for Albacete, Levante, and Real Madrid. He was one of the key players in the Real Madrid squad that won historical 3 consecutive Champions League titles. He made his senior international debut for the national team in 2008. He is the first Costa Rican and the first goalkeeper to win Player of the Year at the 2014 CONCACAF Awards.
He has over 15.7 million followers on his Instagram.
What is Keylor Navas Famous For?
- Won 3 Champions League titles, 4 FIFA Club World Cup titles, 2 UEFA Super Cup titles, 1 La Liga title, and 1 Supercopa de Espana with Real Madrid.
- The first Costa Rican and the first goalkeeper to win Player of the Year at the 2014 CONCACAF Awards.
Where was Keylor Navas Born?
Keylor Navas was born on 15 December 1986. His birth name is Keilor Antonio Navas Gamboa. His birthplace is Perez Zeledon in Costa Rica. He holds Costa Rican nationality. He was born to a father, Freddy Navas, and a mother, Sandra Gamboa. About his siblings, he has two sisters named Keilyn Navas and Kimberly Navas. His religion is Christian. He obtained Spanish citizenship in 2014. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
He joined the youth system of Costa Rican club, Deportivo Saprissa in 1995. He was promoted to the Club's first team in 2005.
- He made his professional debut against Asociacion Deportiva Carmelita on 6 November 2005.
- He was the first-choice goalkeeper in his final two seasons with the club.
- Primera Division de Costa Rica: 2005–06, 2006–07, Invierno 2007, Verano 2008, Invierno 2008, Verano 2010
- CONCACAF Champions' Cup: 2005
- 2005 FIFA Club World Championship: 3rd place
- He signed with Albacete Balompie of the Segunda Division in Spain in July 2010.
- He appeared in 36 games in his first season at the club.
- The club finished in the last position and suffered relegation.
- Albacete loaned him to the Spanish club, Levante for the 2011-12 campaign.
- He made his club debut against Athletic Bilbao on 13 May 2012.
- Levante made his move permanent signing a 3-year deal with Navas in July 2012.
- He became the first-choice goalkeeper for Levante in the 2013-14 season.
- He won the La Liga Best Goalkeeper in 2014.
- He finished the 2013-14 season as the best goalkeeper with the most saves (267).
- Spanish giants, Real Madrid triggered Navas' 10 million buyout clause in August 2014.
- Real Madrid then signed a 6-year contract with the club.
- He made his Real Madrid debut against Elche on 23 September 2014.
- He was a back-up goalkeeper to Iker Casillas in his first season at Real Madrid.
- Following Casillas's departure, he became the club's first-choice goalkeeper.
- The club agreed to transfer Navas to Manchester United in part-exchange for David de Gea on 31 August 2015, but the deal collapsed because the documents were not submitted to FIFA before the Spanish transfer deadline.
- Remaining at the club, he achieved several glories with the club including 3 Champions League titles, 1 La Liga title, and 4 FIFA Club World Cup titles.
- Following Thibaut Courtois's arrival at the club, Navas became the backup goalkeeper for the club. He was made the first-choice goalkeeper for the UEFA Super Cup and Copa del Rey fixtures of the club.
- He finished his 5 seasons stint at Real Madrid with 162 appearances in all competitions.
- La Liga: 2016–17
- Supercopa de España: 2017
- UEFA Champions League: 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- On 2 September 2019, he joined the French club Paris Saint-Germain on a four-year contract and went on to win two Ligue 1, Coupe de France, Trophee des Champions, and one Coupe de la Ligue.
- Ligue 1: 2019-20, 2021-22
- Coupe de France: 2019-20, 2020-21
- Coupe de la Ligue: 2019-20
- Trophee des Champions: 2020, 2022
- He represented Costa Rica U17 national team at the 2003 FIFA U17 World Championship.
- He was called up for the senior national team in August 2006, but he did not get the chance to appear.
- He made his senior international debut against Suriname in the third round of qualification for the 2010 FIFA World Cup on 11 October 2008.
- He represented Costa Rica in CONCACAF Gold Cup tournaments in 2009 and 2011.
- He missed the 2013 and 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup due to injuries.
- He represented the national team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- He made his World Cup debut in a 3-1 group stage win against Uruguay.
- He helped the club to reach the quarterfinals, where they lost to the Netherlands in a penalty shootout.
- He finished the 2010 World Cup with 3 clean sheets from 5 matches.
- He was one of the three nominees for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Golden Glove Award, which he lost to Manuel Neuer of Germany.
- He later represented Costa Rica at the 2018 World Cup, where Costa Rica departed from the group stage.
- Since his debut, he has obtained 107 caps and made 41 clean sheets for Costa Rica.
Is Keylor Navas Married?
Looking at his personal life, Keylor Navas is a married man. He got married to his long-term girlfriend, Andrea Salas who have been together for a long time. The couple got married in a civil ceremony back on 21 June 2015. They have dated for many years before finally tying the knot, as they are from the same neighbourhood in Costa Rica. The wedding took place in San José, Costa Rica, and over 250 special guests were invited to share the couple's happy moments. The couple is blessed with three children. Andrea Salas has a daughter, Daniela Salas, from her previous marriage which ended with divorce. On 28 February 2014, Andrea gave birth to her first child with Keylor, a son, Mateo Navas. On 28 January 2019, the couple gave birth to their second son, Thiago Navas. At present, he has an intimate relationship with his wife and children where they are living their life happily together.
What is the Net Worth of Keylor Navas?
Keylor Navas is a very talented football player and with his continuous hard work and dedication, he has accumulated a huge amount of money from his football career which is his major source of wealth. He is a Costa Rican professional footballer who currently plays as a goalkeeper for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2022, his estimated net worth is $45 million where he received £10 million as a yearly salary from his current club. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings and is living a luxurious lifestyle. In addition, his market value is around €8 million.
How tall is Keylor Navas Body?
Keylor Navas stands at the height of 1.85m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 80kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His chest size is 40 inches, his arms size is 14 inches and his waist size is 31 inches. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality. In addition, his sexual orientation is straight.
Keylor Navas’s Transfer History
- He started playing football for the youth team of Saprissa in 1999 and began his career at the club.
- In July 2010, he signed with Albacete Balompié of the Segunda Division in Spain exactly 20 years after countryman Luis Conejo, who occupied the same position.
- In July 2011, he was loaned to Levante UD for the 2011-12 campaign.
- Following his impressive performances, Levante UD permanently signed him from Albacete Balompié for an undisclosed fee.
- In August 2014, he signed for Real Madrid on a six-year contract that triggered his €10 million buyout clause.
- In September 2019, he joined Paris Saint-Germain on a four-year contract for a reported fee of €15 million while Alphonse Areola moved in the opposite direction on loan.
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Best Goalkeeper: 2009
- CONCACAF Gold Cup All-Tournament Team: 2009
- La Liga Player of the Month: March 2014
- LFP Awards Best Goalkeeper: 2013–14
- CONCACAF Men's Player of the Year: 2014, 2017
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 3rd team: 2018
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 4th team: 2015, 2016, 2017
- Trofeo EFE: 2016
- CONCACAF Men's Goalkeeper of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2018
- CONCACAF Best XI: 2016, 2017, 2018
- Facebook FA La Liga Best Goalkeeper: 2016
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2017–18
- UEFA Champions League Goalkeeper of the Season: 2017–18
- Ibero-American Community Trophy: 2017
Trivias About Keylor Navas You Need To Know.
- He wears shirt number 1.
- He is the first goalkeeper to win La Liga Player of the Month (for the month of March 2014).
- He became the very first Costa Rican and Central American to ever play in, and win the Champions League final.
- He set a new record for Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League by not conceding a single goal in his first 8 appearances.
- He became the first Costa Rican to reach 100 La Liga appearances in January 2017.
- He became the first-ever non-Spanish goalkeeper to reach 100 La Liga appearances for Real Madrid.
- He is the only goalkeeper to win 3 man of the match awards in a single edition of FIFA World Cup.
- Before every game he plays, he kneels down and pray.
- A documentary film based on the life of Navas, "Hombre de Fe" (Man of Faith) was released in December 2017.