Kristin Davis - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Children, Dating, Family, Parents, Facts, Wiki, Relationships, Age, Height, Personal Life, New Show
An American actress, Kristin Davis is known for her portrayal of Brooke Armstrong in the soap opera Melrose Place (1995-96), and Charlotte York Goldenblatt in the comedy-drama TV series Sex and the City (1998-2004).
Similarly, She won the 1999 ‘Women in Film Lucy Award’ and the ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series’ award at both the 2002 and the 2004 Screen Actors Guild Awards. She is also renowned for her philanthropic work as an ambassador for organizations such as Oxfam and UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees). Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Kristin Davis famous for?
- An American actress.
- Her playing role Charlotte York Goldenblatt in the HBO romantic comedy series Sex and the City (1998-2004).
Where is Kristin Davis from?
Recalling her early life, Davis was born in Boulder, Colorado, the U.S. to her parents, Tom Atkinson and Dorothy Davis in the year 1965. Currently, she aged 55 years old. Similarly, she is of American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Her birth sign is Pisces. Sadly, her parents were divorced and she was adopted by her step-father, Keith Davis as she was the only child of her parents. She has also three step-sisters from her father's first marriage.
For education, she attended A.C. Flora High School in 1983. She then enrolled at the Rutgers University in New Jersey and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in acting from the university’s Mason Gross School of the Arts in 1987. She had also gone to William Esper Studio Inc., a performing arts and drama school in New York City.
When did Kristi Davis begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Davis shifted to New York and started working as a waitress. Soon, with the help of one of her friends she started a yoga studio.
- In 1991, she got an acting opportunity and appeared in a few episodes of the daytime drama, ‘General Hospital’.
- In 1995, she portrayed Brooke Armstrong Campbell on the nighttime drama, ‘Melrose Place’.
- Later, her character was killed off in the show and she went on to make appearances in TV series like ‘Friends’, ‘Will and Grace’ and ‘Seinfeld’.
- In 1998, she played the role of Riggs in the American comedy film, ‘Sour Grapes’ which gained poor reviews from the critics.
- In 2006, she was cast as Kelly Finch in the Christmas comedy film, ‘Deck the Halls’. The film was a commercial flop and was critically panned.
- Then, She starred opposite Tim Allen in ‘The Shaggy Dog’, a 2006 comedy film by Walt Disney Pictures. The film received mixed reviews from film critics but went on to be a commercial success.
- In 2008, she reprised the role of Charlotte York Goldenblatt in the film, ‘Sex and the City: The Movie’ which adaptation of the HBO comedy series of the same name about four female friends.
- In the 2010 film, ‘Sex and the City 2’, reprising her role of Charlotte Goldenblatt, she shared the Worst Actress Golden Raspberry Award with the other actresses in the film.
- In 2015, She was credited as a producer on the documentary Gardeners of Eden, that comments on the illegal ivory trade.
- In 2016, she starred in Hallmark Channel film A Heavenly Christmas.
- In 2019, She went to star and produced a romantic comedy-drama film Holiday in the Wild for Netflix.
- She also lent her voice to ‘Miss Spider’, the title character in the animated television special, ‘Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids’ and its spin-off series, ‘Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends’ (2004-09).
- Besides these, She hosted the VH1 show, 200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons, and in 2005, starred in a television pilot entitled, ‘Soccer Mom’. She also appeared as a guest judge on the Lifetime (TV network) program ‘Project Runway’.
- Her other notable movies and TV series are Alien Nation: Body and Soul (1995), The Single Guy (1997), Sex and the Matrix (2000), The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D (2005), Couples Retreat (2009), Of Two Minds (2012), Bad Teacher (2014), The Knight Before Christmas (2019), Deadly Illusions (2020), and many others.
What are the achievements of Kristin Davis?
Throughout her career, Davis hаѕ wоn numеrоuѕ аwаrdѕ & nоmіnаtіоnѕ. Ѕhе hаѕ wоn Rаzzіе Аwаrd, 2 Ѕсrееn Guіld Аwаrd, аnd Luсу Аwаrd. Таlkіng аbоut nоmіnаtіоnѕ, ѕhе hаѕ bееn nоmіnаtеd fоr Реорlе’ѕ Сhоісе Аwаrd, Gоldеn Glоbе Аwаrd, Рrіmеtіmе Еmmу Аwаrd, аnd mаnу mоrе.
Who is Kristin Davis married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Davis has never been married but has dated several celebrities like Scott Carter (1981-82), Liev Schreiber (2000-03), Alec Baldwin (2001), Jeff Goldblum (2002), Damian Lewis (2003-04), Rick Fox (2007-08), Russell James (2009-10), and Aaron Sorkin (2012). She has adopted two kids whose names are Gemma Rose Davis in 2011 and Wilson in 2018.
In her teens, she became an alcoholic, due to her family culture of embracing alcohol as part of life. She has spent some time in rehab and is recovering from this habit.
Similarly, She is a life-long lover of elephants and in recognition, to the attention, she brought towards the plight of orphaned African elephants; she was presented the Humane Society's 2010 Wyler Award. She also made two visits to Africa with Oxfam, traveling to Mozambique, South Africa and Uganda to gain a better understanding of gender issues and poverty there.
How much is Kristin Davis worth?
Being an actress, Davis has a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $35 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed. Further, she also adds up her fortune through her endorsements like Maybelline, Belk, Inc., and TV commercials like QVC, 7-Up Plus, Mercedes Benz, etc.
How tall is Kristin Davis?
Observing her body physics, Davis stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 54 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of brown eyes and brown hair color. Further, her body measures around 34-25-35 inches and her bra size is 32B. Additionally, she has a slim body and her dress size is 4 (US).
Trivias About Kristin Davis You Need To Know.
- Her first big acting gig was for the television series Melrose Place.
- Enjoys a wide variety of music, from Dave Matthews, to Brazilian music, to Joni Mitchell-type folk music and even Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- An ambassador for the poverty organization Oxfam.
- Visited the Dadaab refugee camp in Kenya in July 2011 as part of her commitment as an Oxfam Ambassador.
- Before she became an actress, she worked as a psychiatric technician at Porterville Developmental Center--a state psychiatric hospital--in Porterville, CA.