Lamar Odom - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Khloe Kardashian, Child, NBA, Dancing With The Stars, Ray Lewis, Stats, Coma, Salary, Height, Parents
Lamar Joseph Odom famed as Lamar Odom is an American professional basketball player. He is best known for his time at the Los Angeles Lakers in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He became a two-time NBA Champion with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2009 and 2010. He was named the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year in 2011. In October 2015, Odom fell into a coma and was hospitalized with life-threatening medical problems. Odom has since recovered from his health scare and obtained drug treatment. Overall, he is a very talented person.
Ray Lewis, Lamar Odom to compete on DWTS
Hall of Fame middle linebacker Ray Lewis will prove whether he has more moves than his signature pregame dance. Lewis will be among the 12 celebrities competing on the 28th season of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," it was announced Wednesday. The only other professional athlete on this season's show is Lamar Odom, a two-time NBA champion. Throughout his 17-year career, Lewis was known for coming out of the tunnel during player introductions and performing his squirrel dance, a five-second gyration to Nelly's song "Hot In Herre" that often ignited fans, teammates and even opposing players into a frenzy. Odom, 39, was one of four former NBA players "deactivated" by the Big3 last month. He last played in the NBA for the LA Clippers during the 2012-13 season. Former NFL players have been successful on the program. Past winners include Emmitt Smith, Hines Ward, Rashad Jennings, and Donald Driver. Jacoby Jones, one of Lewis' former Ravens teammates, finished third in 2013. The show debuts on 16th September at 8 p.m. ET.
Early Life of Lamar Odom
Lamar Odom was born on 6th November 1979, in Jamaica, New York, USA as Lamar Joseph Odom. He ethnicity is African-American and his nationality is American. His parents’ name is Joe Odom (father) and Cathy Mercer (mother). His father was a heroin addict and his mother died of colon cancer when he was twelve years old. After that, he was raised by his maternal grandmother, Mildred Mercer. He was educated at Christ The King Regional High School in Middle Village, Queens, where he played basketball for three years. After that, he was transferred to Redemption Christian Academy in Troy, New York. Later, he attended St. Thomas Aquinas High School in New Britain, Connecticut. He also attended the University of Rhode Island. As of 2018, he celebrated his 39th birthday. His other early life information will be added soon.
Body Measurements of Lamar Odom
Lamar is a very handsome person and his body build is athletic. He has a good height of 6 Feet and 10 Inches (2.08 m) and his body weight 104 kg. He has black hair color and his eye color is also black. His chest size is 49 inches, his chest size is 17 inches and his waist size is 40 inches. His other body measurements will be added soon.
Career of Lamar Odom
- Lamar Odom began his professional basketball career in 1999, with the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Before that, he played for the University of Rhode Island team until 1998.
- In 1999, he was selected by the Los Angeles Clippers with the fourth overall pick.
- After a year, he was named to the 2000 NBA All-Rookie First Team.
- He played with the team for four years and transferred to Miami Heart in the 2003-2004 season.
- After that, he was traded in a package with Caron Butler and Brian Grant to the Los Angeles Lakers in 2004.
- He played in the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens for the US national team.
- He won the NBA championship twice in 2009 and 2010 with Los Angeles Lakers.
- He was named the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year in 2011.
- On 11th December 2011, he was traded to the Dallas Mavericks.
- He returned back to the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2012-2013 season.
- On 18th February 2014, he signed with Laboral Kutxa Baskonia of the Spanish League on a two-month deal. A month later, he returned to the United States due to a back injury.
- In April 2014, he signed with the New York Knicks for the remainder of the 2013-2014 season.
- He retired from professional basketball in July 2014.
- He planned to enter the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) in early 2018 but concluded that he was not fit enough.
- In December 2018, he joined Philippine club Mighty Sports who is set to play in the 30th Dubai International Basketball Tournament on February 1-9, 2019.
- He was named a co-captain of the Enemies squad but struggled in his first game before he was deactivated for the 2019 season by the BIG3.
Net Worth of Lamar Odom
Lamar Odom is a professional basketball player and he has earned a huge amount of money from his career. He had an annual salary of $8.2 million dollars and he has a net worth of $30 Million. As of today, he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earning and he is satisfied with his earnings.
Marital Status, Wife, Divorce, Children
- Lamar Odom is a married person and he divorced once in his life. He was previously married to the beautiful American TV personality Khloe Kardashian. The couple began dating each other at the beginning of 2009. After a few months of their love affair, the couple got married on 27th September 2009. They together had two sons named Jayden Odom and Lamar Odom Jr. His son, Jayden Odom died from sudden infant death syndrome while sleeping in his crib in New York in 2006. After seven years of their love affair, the couple divorced on 9th December 2016.
- Before marrying Kardashian, he was in a long-term relationship with the American fashion designer Liza Morales. The couple began dating each other back in the 1990s. They together had a daughter named Destiny Odom in 1998. They got engaged in 2000. Their relationship came to an end in the year 2007.
- After his divorce with Khloe Kardashian, he has not been in any relationship till now and he is single at the present time. He is enjoying his single life happily without any disturbances and he is focusing on his career.
Trivias About Lamar Odom You Need To Know.
- He was chosen for the Parade Player of the Year in 1997.
- He is the owner of Rich Soil Entertainment, a music and movie production company.
- He joined the Los Angeles Clippers on June 29, 2012, after a four-team trade.
- In 2015, Lamar was the most searched personality on Google Search.
- He appeared as a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars" in 2019.
- On June 11, 2021, he participated in an exhibition boxing match with singer/rapper Aaron Carter and won the boxing match in the second round.