Lesley Stahl - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Daughter, Salary, Job, Awards, Books, Shows, Parents, Nationality, Age, Facts, Family, Height, Education, Wiki
An award-winning American journalist, writer, and correspondent is named for Lesley Stahl. She has spent the majority of her career in CBS News and also has reported for CBS on "60 minutes". Before joining CBS News, she was working as a producer and on-air reporter at Channel 5, WHDH-TV, in Boston. At present, Stahl is working as a writer and anchor at CBS-TV in New York City. She joined CBS News in 1971 and became a correspondent in 1974. She appeared on the NBC sitcom Frasier, playing herself in the episode "Desperately Seeking Closure" in 1998. She has published two books until now.
Trump ends "60 Minutes" interview, attacks Lesley Stahl
At the White House on Tuesday afternoon, President Donald Trump ended a fiery interview taping with CBS News' "60 Minutes", proceeded to launch an attack against the interviewer on Twitter for not wearing a mask, and threatened to post the interview before it aired. Trump was frustrated with the line of questioning and how the interview was being conducted, said one person familiar with the episode, while another in the room described the president as "pissed". The president spent more than 40 minutes with CBS News correspondent Lesley Stahl and did not proceed to shoot a second portion of the interview that included Vice President Mike Pence. After the interview, the president tweeted a video of Stahl speaking to producers inside the White House without a mask accompanied by the message: "Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes not wearing a mask in the White House after her interview with me. Much more to come". "This is moments after she criticized me for not wearing a mask while working at my desk," tweeted assistant White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt. "Rules for thee but not for me, Lesley?" Both Stahl and Trump were hospitalized with the coronavirus, and Leavitt was one of the press staff who contracted the virus in early October.
- Being an American television journalist.
- Being the reporter for CBS's "60 Minutes" since 1991.
What is the Birthplace of Lesley Stahl?
On 16th December 1941, Lesley Stahl was born with the birth name/full name of Lesley Rene Stahl. As of 2019, she celebrated her 78th birthday. Her place of birth is in Lynn, Massachusetts, the USA. She holds an American nationality and her ethnicity is American-White. Her race is White. She was born to a Jewish family. She is the daughter of Dorothy J. (nee Tishler), and Louis E. Stahl, a food company executive. She comes from a wealthy family background. She has grown up alongside her brother, Jeffrey Stahl.
As per her education, she attended Wheaton College where she was an honors graduate, majoring in history. She received a Doctorate of Humane Letters honoris causa from Colgate University in 2008 and a Doctorate of Humane Letters honoris causa from Loyola College in Maryland in 2008.
How was the Journalism Career of Lesley Stahl?
- Lesley started her TV broadcasting career at Boston's original Channel 5, WHDH-TV, as a producer and on-air reporter, and then she joined CBS News in 1971.
- In the year 1974, she became a correspondent.
- According to her, Connie Chung and Bernard Shaw were "the two other 'affirmative action babies' in what became known as the Class of '72."
- She was also the mentor of CBS News producer Susan Zirinsky.
- She rose to fame after she covered Watergate.
- She went on to become White House correspondent during the presidencies of Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush as well.
- Additionally, she was the moderator of Face the Nation between September 1983 and May 1991.
- What's more, she hosted "48 Hours Investigates" from 2002 to 2004.
- She then made headlines in 2002 when Al Gore appeared on "60 Minutes" and revealed for the first time that he would not run for president again in 2004.
- She appeared on the NBC sitcom "Frasier" in the year 1998.
- She served as a correspondent for Years of Living Dangerously, a documentary show about climate change in the year 2014.
- She has written two books, the first of which, "Reporting Live", was published in 1999 and her second book, "Becoming Grandma: The Joys and Science of the New Grandparenting", which chronicles her own experiences with her grandchildren, was published in the year 2016.
- She was a founding member in 2008, along with Liz Smith, Mary Wells Lawrence, and Joni Evans, of wowOwow.com, a website for "women over 40" to talk about culture, politics, and gossip which merged into PureWow in 2010, a Web site aimed at younger women.
- She is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and she is on the Board of Selectors of Jefferson Awards for Public Service.
- She has also voiced in the film, "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" as a Newscaster.
Who is Lesley Stahl married to?
Lesley Stahl is a married woman. Firstly, she was married to Jeffrey Gordon. The duo was married for 3 years from 1964 to 1967. By profession, Lesley Stahl is a biologist. After their separation, on 17th February 1977, she married author Aaron Latham. Aaron is well known as the journalist who wrote an article that was later filmed as Urban Cowboy Movie. Additionally, Aaron was a co-writer of the book for the short-lived 2003 Broadway musical version. The duo also has two children/kids; Taylor Stahl and Jordan Latham. As of now, the couple is living a happy life and their bond is going stronger with the passage of time. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Lesley Stahl's Net Worth and Salary?
Lesley Stahl is a famous TV journalist who has enjoyed a long career in the journalism industry spanning almost three decades. She has been able to accumulate a modest fortune from her career work. As of 2020, her net worth is estimated to have $20 Million. After joining CBS News, she was first entitled to a salary of $2.3 million. After Katie Couric joined CBS News, they asked her to lower her salary by $500K which now amounts to her receiving $1.8 million. Her major source of earning comes from her professional career i.e. Journalism career. She is living a luxurious lifestyle from her career earnings.
How tall is Lesley Stahl?
Lesley Stahl is a beautiful woman with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards her. Her body build is average. She stands tall at a height of 5 ft. 6 in. She has a balanced bodyweight of 60 Kg. She said that she sprays her hair with cement to keep every strand in place at all times, in a 2009 interview with The Women on the Web. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. Her other body measurements such as breast size, waist size, and more is still to get unfold yet. On the 3rd May 2020 broadcast of "60 Minutes", she revealed that she had been hospitalized with COVID-19.
Trivias About Lesley Stahl You Need To Know.
- Lesley has spent the majority of her career in CBS News and also has reported for CBS on "60 minutes".
- Before joining CBS News, she was working as a producer and on-air reporter at Channel 5, WHDH-TV, in Boston.
- She joined CBS News in 1971, and became a correspondent in 1974.
- She appeared on the NBC sitcom Frasier, playing herself in the episode "Desperately Seeking Closure" in 1998.
- She grown up alongside her brother, Jeffrey Stahl.