Lil Skies Bio, Net Worth, Rapper, Real Name, Songs, Albums, Concert, Age, Mom, Dad, Brother, Race, Girlfriend, Baby, Height, Tattoos, Tour, Famous
Many young rappers have emerged in recent years to take the music industry by storm and Lil Skies happens to be among that lot. A music lover since childhood, the young rapper began gaining traction on SoundCloud with his mixtapes and would eventually attract the attention of execs at Atlantic Records. Today, he has a couple of Billboard 100 hits and a mixtape, Life of a Dark Rose, that peaked at number 10 on the Billboard 200 chart. Here, we will discuss Lil Skies’ rise to hip-hop fame and how much music has earned him thus far.
If you want to know more about the American rapper, we must say you have stumbled upon a correct page. The article includes his age, net worth, height, weight, and girlfriend. So, stay tuned to us until the end.
Where is the birthplace of Lil Skies?
Recalling his early life, Lil Skies was born in Pennsylvania, the USA as Kimetrius Foose. His parents were multiracial. He was introduced to music by his father, Michael Burton Jr. Foose and his family moved to Waynesboro, Pennsylvania when he was just in third grade.
When he was 11, his father was injured in a workplace due to a chemical explosion at the Rust-Oleum plant near Williamsport, Maryland. In the same way, Foose graduated from Waynesboro Area Senior High School in 2016 and briefly attended the Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania before dropping out to focus on his rap career.
When did Lil Skies pursue his rapping career?
- By the time he joined university, he had already started freestyling on rap beats at college shows. He was also academically good. As a result, he became quite popular in college. He once got the opportunity to open a Fetty Wap show. This led him to gain a massive online fan base.
- However, by then, he was already a minor celebrity on ‘YouTube’ and ‘SoundCloud.’ He uploaded his music video for the song ‘Lonely’ in August 2015, and the thunderous response to the song made him work on more music. He continued to upload music videos on ‘YouTube’ and slowly gained followers.
- In 2016, he uploaded a second music video, ‘Da Sauce,’ which became a massive hit and gained more than a million “views.” His ‘SoundCloud’ account gained followers with each new upload. The same year, Skies released his debut mixtape, ‘Good Grades, Bad Habits 2.’
- The first installment of the mixtape was not released publicly. The tape talked about his struggles in school and college, as he was a straight-A student. However, his interests lay somewhere else. The mixtape was released on ‘SoundCloud’ and ‘YouTube.’
- Foose released his first mixtape, Alone in January 2017. Similarly, in July 2017, he released two songs, Red Roses featuring Landon Cube and Off The Goop featuring Sprite Lee. The songs did really good in the music industry. He later released other songs that year, including Rude and Signs of Jealousy.
- In the same way, he released his first major-label mixtape, Life of a Dark Rose, on January 10, 2018. The album debuted at #23 on the Billboard 200 chart and went on to peak up to #10. Additionally, the songs Nowadays and Red Roses debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 list at #85 and #98 respectively and have since peaked at #55 and #69.
- In addition to this, on May 4, 2018, Lust from Life of a Dark Rose was released as the third official single from the album, peaking at number 87 on the Billboard Hot 100 and being certified Gold by the RIAA. Lately, on March 1, 2019, Lil Skies released his album, Shelby, while simultaneously debuting the music video for lead single I.
- On March 1, 2019, Lil Skies released his album Shelby, while simultaneously debuting the music video for lead single "I". On May 21, 2019, Lil Skies drops new single/video "Breathe" from his instant hit debut album Shelby.
Does Lil Skies have a girlfriend?
Some sites believe he is in a relationship with an unknown girl. However, we cannot really confirm the news as there is no solid proof. He might be single or might be dating someone. However, the young star is definitely not a married man. When the time is right, we believe the rising star will come forward and give all the details about his juicy love life just like another famous rapper Travis Scott, who is dating a makeup mogul Kylie Jenner. As for now, he might be more focused on his career rather than focusing on his love life.
How much is Lil Skies’s Net Worth?
As per 2019, his current estimated net worth is $3 million. There are no details about his salary. He has a very promising career ahead due to his success in the music industry.
Similarly, Lil has also created his YouTube channel and has collected over 1.9 million subscribers as of 2019. Till now, he has over 352,026,245 views on his videos. As per the Social Blade, Skies makes monthly earnings of between $3.5K – $56.7K which leads him to enjoy annual earnings of between $42.5K – $680.6K.
From his rising career, he is definitely living a very luxurious life. The star is yet to reveal details about the house he owns and the car he rides.
How tall is Lil Skies?
Talking about Lil’s age, he is currently 20 years old and he will turn 21 in the coming August. He has a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall. There is no other information about his weight and body measurement. However, he has maintained his athletic look.
The secret behind his athletic body might be a regular exercise and a balanced diet. The star has covered himself in tattoos. The most fascinating thing is, he even has a tattoo on his face. His natural hair color is black and eye color is brown.
Did You Know?
- He was an opening act for Fetty Wap amidst fall 2016. In three months, he dropped off his first set of songs, “Alone.”
- He has lots of tattoos on his body. The first one was inked when he 16 years old in honor of his friend.
- Foose is addicted to smoking weed but unless Xanax, Oxycontin, and other rappers, he doesn’t promote the use of it in his songs.