Last updated on August 18th, 2023 at 02:02 am
Facts About Lisa Bonet
|Celebrated Name||Lisa Bonet|
|Age||55 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Lisa, Lilakoi Moon, Lisa Bonet|
|Birth Name||Lisa Michelle Bonet|
|Place Of Birth||San Francisco, California|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|High School||Birmingham High School|
|Education||Celluloid’s Actor’s Studio|
|Educational Qualification||Major in Acting|
|Spouse||Lenny Kravitz (M. 1987; Div. 1993) and Jason Momoa (M. 2017 - Present)|
|Children||Lola Iolani Momoa, Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, and Zoë Kravitz|
|Body Measurement||32-23-31 inches|
|Height||5 feet 2 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||30B|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Net Worth||$ 16 Million|
|Debut Movie||Angel Heart (1987)|
|Debut Television Show/Series||St. Elsewhere ( 1983)|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
American actress Lisa Bonet grabbed huge attention and gained international fame after landing her iconic character Denise Huxtable on the NBC sitcom The Cosby Show. She is also mostly known for her finest performance in the movie Enemy of the State. Her other successful projects are Drunk History, The Red Road, and New Girl. Furthermore, She has been married twice and is the mother of three children as well.
- An American Actress.
- Her iconic character Denise Huxtable on the NBC sitcom The Cosby Show.
- Her finest performance in the movie Enemy of the State.
Early Life of Lisa Bonet
Lisa Bonet was born under the name of Lisa Michelle Bonet. Her other name is Lilakoi Moon but is professionally better known as Lisa Bonet. She is an American actress born in San Francisco, California, USA. She brought up in California along with her family.
She is the daughter of an Opera singer Allen Bonet and a former music teacher, Arlene Litman. Her father Allen is African-American from Texas and her mother Arlene is Jewish. Lisa has many younger half-siblings. She belongs to American nationality and regarding her ethnicity, she has a mixed ethnical background.
She has done her schooling from Birmingham High School in Van Nuys, California. She majored in acting from the Celluloid’s Actor’s Studio in North Hollywood.
What does Lisa Bonet do?
- Her initial acting endeavors include playing Carla in the American medical drama black comedy TV series ‘St. Elsewhere’ in the seventh episode of its second season titled ‘Entrapment’ that featured on December 7, 1983.
- Her breakthrough came in 1984 when she landed up playing the role of Denise Huxtable, the free-spirited and rebellious second child of Dr Cliff and Clair Huxtable, in the American TV sitcom ‘The Cosby Show’ starring Bill Cosby.
- ‘The Cosby Show’ that premiered on NBC on September 20, 1984, and ran for 8 seasons till April 30, 1992, was a hit being rated #1 show on TV for five of its consecutive seasons.
- Bonet garnered immense popularity playing Denise in ‘The Cosby Show’ featuring on-and-off in the series starting from its first episode titled ‘Theo's Economic Lesson’ till the twenty-fourth episode of its seventh season titled ‘Cliff and Jake’ that featured on April 11, 1991, thus appearing in a total of 98 episodes.
- Her remarkable performance in ‘The Cosby Show’ earned her ‘Emmy Award’ and ‘Young Artist Award’ nomination.
- Meanwhile, in 1985, she featured in two American anthology TV series - as Justine in the episode ‘The Satanic Piano’ from the series ‘Tales from the Darkside’, and as Carrie in the series ‘ABC Afterschool Special’.
- She succeeded on small-screen as Denise Huxtable, and forayed into big-screen flicks featuring as Epiphany Proudfoot in the Alan Parker directed American neo-noir psychological horror film ‘Angel Heart’ starring opposite Mickey Rourke and Robert De Niro. The film released on March 6, 1987.
- 'Angel Heart’ saw her coming out of her goody-goody image of Denise and featuring in explicit scenes with Rourke. It fetched her ‘Young Artist Award’ for Best Young Female Superstar in Motion Pictures at the 9th Youth in Film Awards as also a ‘Saturn Award’ nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
- She then went on to pose nude for several magazines including a topless centerspread in ‘Interview’.
- Her professional relationship with Bill Cosby, her boss, and co-star of ‘The Cosby Show’, remained difficult, especially with regard to her performance in ‘Angel Heart’ which is rumored to have led to her exit from the series.
- Her brilliant performance as Denise Huxtable and popularity of the character, however, saw her reprising the role in the sitcom ‘A Different World’, a spin-off of ‘The Cosby Show’ that premiered on NBC on September 24, 1987; as also in the TV special ‘The Earth Day Special’ that aired on April 22, 1990, on ABC.
- Following the first season of ‘A Different World’, Bonet was fired from the series, but she temporarily appeared in ‘The Cosby Show’ after she became pregnant. She again made her return to ‘The Cosby Show’ in its seventh season after a hiatus during pregnancy, but was eventually fired because of “creative differences”.
- She was the host of the elections special program ‘Why Bother Voting?’ in September 1992.
- The 1993 ‘Bank Robber’ directed and written by Nick Mead saw her in the starring role of Priscilla.
- She starred as Catherine Briggs in the Nigel Dicks directed 1994 crime-thriller flick ‘Final Combination’. That year she also appeared in a Television movie titled ‘New Eden’ portraying the character of Lily.
- She then went on to play the supporting role of Rachel Banks in the Will Smith and Gene Hackman starred American conspiracy-thriller film ‘Enemy of the State’. The film that released on November 20, 1998, emerged as a big hit at the box-office.
- Her versatility came to shore yet again when she played Marie De Salle in the American romantic-comedy film ‘High Fidelity’ that released to commercial success on March 31, 2000. It earned her a Theatrical – Best Supporting Actress nomination at the 2001 ‘Black Reel Awards’.
- The Philip Haas directed TV movie ‘Lathe of Heaven’ that was produced for the A&E network and released on October 29, 2002, saw her essaying the role of Heather Lelache starring opposite James Caan and Lukas Haas. The movie received a 2003 Saturn Award nomination in the category of Best Single Program Presentation.
- Moving on, she featured as Queenie on January 31, 2003, released film ‘Biker Boyz’ that however failed to get success at the box-office and received generally negative critical reviews. Her other big-screen endeavors include playing Mae Evans in the 2005 film ‘Whitepaddy’ and as Magdalena in the commercially successful 2014 drama-thriller ‘Road to Paloma’.
- Juggling between TV and big-screen, Bonet played the role of Maya Daniels in the US adaptation of the British science fiction crime drama TV series ‘Life on Mars’. The series that aired originally from October 9, 2008, to April 1, 2009, on ABC comprising 17episodes saw her featuring in 5 of them.
- She then worked in some other TV series including featuring in a couple of episodes in ‘Drunk History’ (2013-14); in seven episodes in ‘The Red Road’ (2014–15); and in a couple of episodes in ‘Girls’ (2016) among others.
How much is Lisa Bonet worth?
Lisa Bonet has earned a considerable amount of money from her illustrious career. As of 2019, she has an estimated net worth of around $16 million, as per Celebrity net worth.
Is Jason Momoa still married?
Lisa Bonet is a married woman and has three children. She tied a knot to Las Vegas with American rock singer Lenny Kravitz on November 16, 1987. It was her 20th Birthday. She gave to daughter, Zoe Kravitz on December 1, 1988. The Pair separated in 1993. Her daughter stayed with her after the separation.
In 1995, Bonet legally changes her Lilakoi Moon but still uses her professional name i.e. Lisa Bonet. She started having a relationship with the Game of Thrones star, Jason Momoa. The couple met in 2005 through common friends and started building the relationship.
It was widely believed that the couple tied a knot on November 15, 2007, but made it legal in October 2017. The couple welcomed their second child, a son named Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa on December 15, 2008.
She is living happily and loves to spend time with her husband and children. Prior to her marriages, she has dated quite a few men for a long and short stint of time. She currently resides in Honolulu, Hawaii with her husband and children.
Body Measurements of Lisa Bonet
Observing her Physics, Lisa stands tall with a height of 5 feet and 2 inches and weighs around 117 lbs. She has a body measurement of 32-23-31 inches and has black eyes with black hair color. Furthermore, her bra size is 30B and used to wears 6 (US) size of shoe.
Trivias About Lisa Bonet You Need To Know.
- Her name legally changed to Lilakoi Moon in 1995.
- The Lenny Kravitz song "It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over" was written about her.
- Does not own a television in her home nor allows it.
- She made her first film appearance in the movie Angel Heart.
- She didn't have a boyfriend during her high school.