Maria Bello - Bio, Net Worth, Career, Actress, Writer, Movies, TV Shows, NCIS, Books, Married, Partner, Husband, Kids, Gay, Age, Height, Facts, Wiki
Maria Bello is an American TV and film actress most celebrated for her role in ventures such as ‘E.R.’, ‘The Cooler’, and ‘A History of Violence’. Upon moving to New York after graduation, she struggled for many years working in off-Broadway productions before landing a regular role in the television series ‘E.R.’. With a striking talent, it was not long before she made her debut on the big screen in movies such as ‘Permanent Midnight’ and ‘Coyote Ugly’.
Upon making the difficult transition from television to film successfully, Bello garnered widespread acclaim for her convincing portrayals of complex female characters. She gained much attention for her role in movies such as ‘Auto Focus’ and ‘The Cooler’, which established her as a competent actress. Let's know more about the actress through this article nearly.
Where is Maria Bello born?
Recalling her early life, Maria Bello was born in Norristown, Pennsylvania, USA. Her birth name is Maria Elena Bello. Her father’s name is Joe Bello, a contractor and her mother’s name is Kathy, a nurse, and a teacher. Her father belongs to Italian American and her mother is Polish American. Her mother is a cancer survivor and she was with her daughter Maris, during the attacks of the World Trade Center and Kathy volunteered to help the victims. She has got two brothers: Joseph and Christopher and one sister: Lisa. She grew up in a Roman Catholic family. At the age of 20, she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Maria holds American citizenship but ethnicity is a mix of Polish and Italian.
Talking about her education history, she graduated from Archbishop John Carroll High School in Radnor, Pennsylvania and later she went to Villanova University and majored in political science. She was interested to become a lawyer but she took acting classes during her senior year, just for fun.
When did Maria Bello begin to start acting?
- Talking about her career, Bello made her television debut in a minor role in Fox’s TV series, Misery Loves Company in 1995. In the following year, she landed the female lead role of a corporate spy in the CBS television series, Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Later, she moved on to films, landing a role in Coyote Ugly (2000).
- Although the show was canceled after 13 episodes, she managed to gain attention with her performance and earned a recurring role in the third season of NBC's acclaimed hospital drama titled ‘E.R.’. The next year, she was made a regular in the fourth season, playing a pediatrician ‘Anna Del Amico’
- After gaining widespread acclaim with her television series, she moved to Hollywood and made her big-screen debut with the 1998 movie ‘Permanent Midnight’. The following year, she played a hooker in the movie ‘Payback’
- Then, she appeared in the role of the bar owner in the 2000 movie ‘Coyote Ugly’ and was later seen in movies such as ‘China: The Panda Adventure’ (2001), ‘Auto Focus’ (2002), and the thriller ‘Secret Window’ (2004).
- In 2005, she starred in the crime thriller ‘A History of Violence’, directed by David Cronenberg. In the following years, she appeared in several movies including ‘Thank You for Smoking’ (2006), ‘World Trade Center’ (2006) and ‘Flicka’ (2006)
- During the next two years, she featured in films such as ‘Shattered’ (2007), ‘The Jane Austen Book Club’ (2007), and ‘The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor’ (2008).
- In 2009, she appeared in ‘The Private Lives of Pippa Lee’ and ‘The Company Men’. The following year, she was seen in movies such as ‘The Yellow Handkerchief’ and ‘Grown Ups’, and also guest-starred in two episodes of the TV series ‘Law & Order: SVU’
- In 2011, Bello starred in the U.S. remake of British television drama series ‘Prime Suspect’ although the show was canceled by NBC after 13 episodes
- Next, Bello starred in the Kiefer Sutherland drama titled ‘Touch’ (2012-13). In 2013, she appeared in the film ‘Prisoners’ and the comedy movie ‘Grown Ups 2’. Later, she starred in the thriller ‘Demonic’ (2015).
- Also, she appeared in ‘Bravetown’ in 2015, Lindsey in ‘Evry Day’ in 2018, and as Carly Winter in ‘Giant Little Ones’ in 2018.
Is Maria Bello married or not?
Coming up to her personal life, Bello is still an unmarried woman. However, she was linked to a romantic affair with Dan McDermott, a screenwriter in 2004. Also, they shared an adorable son, Jackson Blue in 2006. However, the couple didn’t last for long and broke up in 2006.
After the breakup, Bello wrote about having a same-sex relationship with her then-partner and then-friend, Clare Munn on November 2013. However, their relationship didn’t last for long and they separated in 2015. Later, she is currently dating Elijah Allan-Blitz since 2016. Moreover, the couple is living a happy mingle life without any queries. Hopefully, we can assure that Bello will marry soon and her son will have a better father.
How much net worth does Maria Bello own?
As an American actress, Maria earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the entertainment industry. As per online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $8 million while her salary is somewhere around $125 Thousand per episode which is quite impressive.
How tall is Maria Bello?
Observing her body physics, Maria has a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs 55 kg. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. Her body measurement is 32-24-32 inches. Her dress size is 6 (US), bra size is 32A, and her shoe size is 9 (US).
Trivias About Maria Bello You Need To Know.
- She practices Muay Thai (lethal) kickboxing.
- Her greatest memory from the set of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008) was being in the desert playing football with 15 stuntmen dressed as mummies.
- She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at the age of twenty-eight.
- She is the godmother of fellow actress Carrie-Anne Moss‘s first son while Carrie-Anne is the godmother of Maria’s son Jackson Blue McDermott.
- She was a varsity cheerleader at Archbishop John Carroll High School.