Martin Freeman - Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Age, Family, Height, Wiki
Martin Freeman is a renowned British actor who is best known for his work as Tim Canterbury in the mockumentary series The Office (2001–2003), Dr. John Watson in the British crime drama series Sherlock (2010–2017), Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit film trilogy (2012–2014), and Lester Nygaard in the first season of the dark comedy-crime drama series Fargo (2014). He has won an Emmy Award, a BAFTA Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award, and has been nominated for a Golden Globe Award among others. He will reprise the role of Everett K. Ross in the upcoming Disney+ series Secret Invasion (2022) and the film Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022).
What is Martin Freeman Famous For?
- Being an award-winning actor.
- For playing Bilbo Baggins in "The Hobbit" film trilogy in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- For playing Tim Canterbury in the BBC’s mockumentary sitcom series "The Office" from 2001 to 2003, and as Dr. John Watson in the BBC’s crime drama series "Sherlock".
Where is Martin Freeman From?
Martin Freeman took birth on 8th September 1971 with the birth name of Martin John Christopher Freeman. He is from Aldershot, Hampshire, England. He is British by nationality and his ethnicity is British-White. His father, Geoffrey Freeman was a Naval Officer who died of a heart attack. His mother, Philomena is a housewife. He is the youngest one among four older siblings in his family. His siblings are; Tim Freeman (Older Brother) (Musician), Benedict Freeman (Older Brother), Jamie Freeman (Older Brother), and Laura Freeman (Older Sister). He went to Salesian School which lies in Chertsey. He graduated from Brooklands College with a degree in media studies in Weybridge, Surrey. His present age is 50 as of 2021. Further, Freeman attended the Central School of Speech and Drama and has appeared in at least 18 TV shows, 14 theatre productions, and several radio productions.
Martin Freeman Career Timeline
- Martin made his debut movie "I just Want to Kiss You" as Frank which was a short film.
- After that, he was seen in the debut series "The Bill" as Craig Parnell in the episode called Mantrap.
- He is well-recognized for his role as Tim Canterbury in "The Office", a role which, he said in 2004, "cast a very long shadow" for him as an actor.
- He appeared in the sitcom "Hardware" (2003–2004) followed by "Ali G Indahouse" (2002) and "Love Actually" (2003).
- After that, he was seen as Lord Shaftesbury in the 2003 BBC historical drama "Charles II: The Power and The Passion".
- Next, he went on to appear in the movies and TV shows such as This Life, The Robinsons, Black Books, The All Together, Boy Meets Girl, Sherlock, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End, Fargo, Richard III, The Eichmann Show, Captain America: Civil War.
- He then starred in the 2017 film "Cargo" and appeared opposite Tamsin Greig in "Labour of Love", a political comedy.
- In 2018, he reprised his role as Everett K. Ross in "Black Panther".
- Since March 2020, he has starred in the FX/Sky One comedy series "Breeders".
- Further, he serves as creator and an executive producer for the series.
- On 18th May 2020 FX and Sky One renewed Breeders for a second season.
- He will be appearing in "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" in 2022 as Everett K. Ross and "Secret Invasion" as Evertt K. Ross.
Martin Freeman Awards and Achievements
- Won Washington DC Area Film Critics Association Award in 2004 for Love Actually
- Won Rose d'Or for her work in Hardware in 2004
- Won BAFTAs award in 2011 for his role in Sherlock
- Won Gold Derby TV Awards for his work in Sherlock (for "A Scandal in Belgravia")
- Won Crime Thriller Awards in 2012 for his work in Sherlock
- Won PAAFTJ Awards for his work in Sherlock in 2012
- Won Tumblr TV Awards for his work in Sherlock
- Won Empire Awards, MTV Movie Awards, Shorts Awards, for his work in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, and Alternative End of Year Film Awards for his work in The World's End in 2013
- Won Stella Awards for his work in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug in 2014
- Won Primetime Emmy Awards for his work in Sherlock in 2014
- Won The Mousetrap Awards in 2015
- Won Screen Actors Guild Awards for his work in Black Panther in 2019
How much is Martin Freeman Net Worth?
Martin Freeman is an award-winning talented actor whose net worth is estimated to have $20 million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and he is leading a lavish lifestyle from his earnings. Apart from his acting career, he also earns from different factors such as upfront pay, profit participation, residuals, endorsements, and advertising work. He has taken the No. 1 spot on People With Money’s top 10 highest-paid actors for 2022 with an estimated $58 million in combined earnings. He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, and lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Freeman Burger” chain) in London, a Football Team (the “Aldershot Angels”), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderfreeman - UK), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Martin) and a fashion line called “Martin Freeman Seduction”.
Who is Martin Freeman's Girlfriend?
Martin Freeman is currently enjoying his single life happily. He is not in a relationship with anyone at present. His sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, he dated Amanda Abbington who is an actress by profession. He met Amanda on the set of Channel 4’s Men Only in 2000 and started dating each other. They appeared together in productions such as Sherlock, Swinging with the Finkels, The Debt, The Robinsons, and The All Together. They are the proud parents of two children namely Joe, born in 2006, and daughter Grace born in 2008.
What is Martin Freeman Height?
Martin Freeman is a cool-looking handsome actor standing at the perfect height of 5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm. His bodyweight consists of 70 kg (154 pounds). He has blue colored eyes and his hair color is light brown. He has a healthy body and he frequently does exercise to maintain his body.
Trivias About Martin Freeman You Need To Know.
- In 2011, Freeman umpired a charity cricket match to raise money for victims of the Christchurch earthquake.
- He resides in the Belsize Park area of London.
- He is a vegetarian and a practising Catholic.
- He is a close friend of actor Simon Pegg, who is the godfather of his son.
- Freeman is a supporter of the Labour Party.