Melissa Joan Hart - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Parents, Twin, Sister, Kids, TV Shows, Movies, Mark Wilkerson
Some kids are born talented and that's exactly the impression Hollywood had on Melissa Joan Hart who is widely known for her role in Clarissa Explains It All and Sabrina the Teenage Witch, after she excellently advertised a bathtub called Splash at a tender age of four. That single stint paved the way for her to countless commercials. Also, her contagious smile on ads allured the interest of world-class movie writers, producers, and directors. Let's know more about the talented actress through this article.
Who are the parents of Melissa Joan Hart?
Recalling her early life, Melissa was born in Smithtown, New York, USA. Her father William Hart was a carpenter and an entrepreneur, and her mother Paula Hart was a talent manager. She is the eldest of five siblings. All her siblings are in the acting profession. Her parents divorced when she was a teenager. Along with her siblings and mother, she then moved to New York City. Her mother got married for a second time, to Leslie Gilliams.
Regarding her education, Melissa attended Sayville Middle School. She later joined Sayville High School. After complete her high school, she went to New York University for further studies.
How Melissa Joan Hart became a part of the entertainment industry?
- Moving towards her career, Melissa started appearing in TV commercials from the age of four. She proved to be extremely talented and earned her first role in a TV movie ‘Christmas Show’ at the age of ten.
- She played her first significant role in the comedy TV series ‘Clarissa Explains It All’. The series aired from 1991 to 1994. The show was a success and earned an Emmy nomination. Hart also earned multiple awards for her performance.
- In 1995, she played the lead role in the TV film ‘Family Reunion: A Relative Nightmare’. Hart also did guest roles in TV shows such as ‘Touched by An Angel’, and ‘Weinerville’.
- She next played a lead role in the TV series ‘Sabrina the Teenage Witch’. The series aired from 1996 to 2003. Hart was the director and producer of the series as well. The show was a huge success.
- In the year 2000, she played a supporting role in the superhero comedy film ‘The Specials’. Directed by Craig Mazin, the film was about a group of ordinary superheroes taking a day off. The film was a commercial failure.
- Hart voiced the main character in the animated TV show ‘Sabrina: The Animated Series’. It aired from 1999 to 2000. The show was an animated version of ‘Sabrina the Teenage Witch’.
- Over the next few years, she played guest roles in several other TV shows such as ‘Just Shoot Me!’, ‘The Jamie Kennedy Experiment’, and ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’.
- In 2009, she competed on the ninth season of ABC’s reality show ‘Dancing with the Stars’. The same year, she also played the lead role in the horror film ‘Nine Dead’.
- Her next significant role on TV was in the series ‘Melissa & Joey’. It aired from 2010 to 2015. The series won multiple awards and nominations. She also played the lead role in the 2016 Christian movie ‘God’s Not Dead 2’.
- In 2018, Hart was cast as Liz in the Netflix comedy series No Good Nick. The series premiered on April 15, 2019. She directed one episode from The Goldbergs, "Hail Barry".
Who is Melissa Joan Hart married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Melissa was married to musician Mark Wilkerson. They wed on July 19, 2003, in Italy. The couple proud to be parents of three children; Mason, Braydon, and Tucker. Their marriage goes 16 years almost and they seem to be happy together. As of now, they live a blissful life without rumors of separation or divorce.
What is Melissa Joan Hart's net worth?
As an actress and singer, Melissa earns a decent amount of money and name in the field of the entertainment industry. As per online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $14 million as of 2019. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Melisa Joan Hart?
Observing her body physics, Melisa stands a height of 5 feet 2 inches and weighs around 55 Kg. She has a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair color. Similarly, she used 38B (US), 6.5 (US) shoe size and 6 (US) dress size. Further, her body measures 33-25-35 inches.
Trivias About Melissa Joan Hart You Need To Know.
- She has a lazy eyelid that causes her right eye not to open as wide as her left eye.
- She is vice-president of Heartbreak Films, a production company she runs with her mother, Paula Hart, and stepfather, Leslie Gilliams.