Merle Dandridge (Greenleaf Actress) - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Parents, Siblings, Family, Nationality, Age, Facts, Height, Children, Pregnant
Merle Dandridge is an American-Japanese actress, voice artist, and singer. She is best known for her voice role of Alyx Vance in the video game "Half-Life Series" and of Marlene in the "The Last of Us". She has also performed in many Broadway musicals which include "Jesus Christ Superstar", "Rent", and "Spamalot". She is also known for her recurring role on television series "Sons of Anarchy".
She plays the lead role of Grace Greenleaf in the series "The Green Leaf", which is near its finale, and in August 2020, all the cast members were featured in a one-hour special episode. Dandridge is also active in the social media platform with 185k followers on Instagram: @merledandridge and with 45.1k followers on Twitter: @MerleDandridge
What is Merle Dandridge famous for?
- For her voice role of Alyx Vance in the video game "Half-Life Series" and of Marlene in the "The Last of Us".
Where was Merle Dandridge born?
Merle Dandridge was born on May 31st, 1975 in Okinawa, Japan. Her birth name is Merle Dandridge. She holds American-Japanese nationality. Her ethnicity is Asian-American while Gemini is her zodiac sign. She belongs to Korean, African, and North American descent.
She was born into a well-to-do family. Her father was an African-American U.S. serviceman while her mother was a local Okinawan of Korean Descent. She is the only child of her parents. After her birth in Japan, her family came to California, United States. Then, her family moved to Bellevue, Nebraska where Dandridge was raised.
She did her schooling from Papillion La Vista High School where she participated in the play production class and became a member in the theater department. Later, she attended The Theatre Conservatory at Roosevelt University(Chicago Collge of Performing Arts) where she learned acting.
On a tweet of 8th May 2016, she regarded her mother as her hero.
Merle Dandridge's Career: Highlights
- Merle Dandridge first began her career in acting in 1994 by appearing in Chicago theatre production.
- She appeared on the one-act musical theatre "Once on this island" in 1994. While in theatre production, she appeared in many theatre shows.
- She also made her appearance in Broadway Production that includes Rent, Tarzan, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Spamalot.
- In 2004, she rose to fame after she gave her voice for the role of Alyx Vance in the award-winning action game "Half-Life" and its sequel: Ep 1 and 2.
- She also gave her voice for the role of Marlene in the 2013 adventure game "The Last of Us" which increased her popularity.
- Merle got the BAFTA Game Award for her voiceover performance in the 2015 game "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture".
- She played the recurring role of Rita Roosevelt in the FX drama series "Sons of anarchy" for six episodes.
- In the year 2015, she had co-starred in the second season of NBC medical drama, "The Night Shift".
- She has made a guest appearance on many television series which includes "Criminal Minds", "The Newsroom", "Drop Dead Diva", "Ringer", "The Mentalist", and "Rosewood".
- She has also appeared in the movies like "Nothing but the truth", "Grounded: Making the Last of Us", and "Resurrect".
- Dandridge appeared as Papa Ge the God of death in the Broadway musical revival of "Once on This Island", at the Circle in the Square Theater from November 9, 2017, to January 7, 2018.
- She returned to the role of Papa Ge from June 18 to August 19, 2018. Along with the cast, she received Grammy Award Nomination for Best Musical Theater Album for the cast recording.
- Since 2016, she has been portraying the lead role of Grace Greenleaf in the American drama series "The Green leaf".
- In the year 2020, she was cast as a series regular in the 8th episode of HBO thriller drama series "The Flight Attendant".
Who is Merle Dandridge married to?
The American actress, Merle Dandridge has been married once to date. Dandridge's first and only marriage was with Christopher Johnston. Johnston is a businessman, with whom she had met while they were in kindergarten and started dating each other during high school days. After dating for years, the high school sweethearts tied the knot on May 21, 2011. The couple doesn't have any children.
After getting married for over 8 years, on June 20, 2019, Dandridge filed for divorce from her husband due to irreconcilable differences. According to Blast, the couple got divorced in 2019. At present, she is not in any relationship and seems to be more focused on her career than her personal life.
What is the net worth of Merle Dandridge?
The American actress and singer, Merle Dandridge has good earning from her profession. Merle Dandridge has an estimated net worth of $ 2million as of 2020. Her salary has not been disclosed yet. She seems to be living a luxurious lifestyle with her earnings in Los Angels.
How tall is Merle Dandridge?
The 45 years aged, Merle Dandridge is a beautiful woman in herself. She has a brown complexion with black hair and a black pair of eyes. She stands at a height of 5ft 8 inches(1.72m) and has a bodyweight of 62kg. Her body measurement is 34-22-34 inches. Her shoe size is 7(US).