Mike Thalassitis - Bio, Net Worth, Love Island, Death, Cause of Death, Parents, Age, Facts, Wiki, Current Team, Salary, Height, Football, Suicide
Michael Thalassitis was an English-born Cypriot footballer, he played as a striker. He was also a reality television star. He has been playing for a number of football clubs including Margate, St Albans City, Hamel Hempstead, and many other teams. Mike Thalassitis who has a nickname Muggy Mike because he is one of the biggest characters on Love Islands and has rarely been out of the spotlight.
What is Thalassitis Famous For?
- An English-born Cypriot footballer and a reality television star.
- His role in reality television shows includes “Love Island (2017)” and “Celebs Go Dating (2018)”.
Mike Thalassitis, Former Love Island Star dies at 26
Mike Thalassitis, a former reality star who competed on the third season of the British series Love Island, tragically passed away on Friday. The BBC reported that Thalassitis’ death was confirmed by his management company, although we have no direct quote from that company ourselves. There has been no announced cause of death, either.
As mentioned above, Thalassitis competed on the third season of the British reality show back in 2017, where he became known as "Muggy Mike." He also appeared on Celebs Go Dating a year later in 2018. According to the Daily Mail, the ex-reality star was found dead on Friday in his hometown of Essex. That's all the information any outlet appears to have thus far on what transpired.
Stevenage FC, a soccer team Thalassitis played for during his career, shared its own tribute. It reads: "Everybody at #StevenageFC is shocked & saddened to hear the tragic news about former player Michael Thalassitis. Our sincerest condolences go to his family & friends."
According to the BBC, Thalassitis was previously in a relationship with The Only Way Is Essex star and country singer Megan McKenna. Last June, another former Love Island contestant named Sophie Gradon, also passed away.
Early Life of Mike Thalassitis
Mike Thalassistis was born as Michael Thalassitis in Edmonton, England. Тhеrе іѕ nоt muсh іnfоrmаtіоn аbоut hіѕ fаmіlу bасkgrоund аnd his еduсаtіоn. Yеаh, hе hаѕ а brоthеr whose named is not disclosed as their paresents. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
He started his youth soccer in 2010 with Stevenage. The following year, he made his senior debut with the team and remained in the team until 2014.
Mike Thalassitis Career
- Mike Thalassitis has been playing football since 2011, but he remained part of different teams. Thalassitis signed a professional two years contract with Stevenage in May 2011 and joined the Club’s center of excellence ahead of the 2010-11 season following Stevenage’s promotion the football league. He made his first-team debut in August 2011.
- After two months, Mike joined Conference South side Boreham Wood on loan, returning to his parent club in January 2012. He loans out one again a month later, signing for Hayes and Yeading United on a one-month loan deal.
- During the season of 2013-13, he briefly loaned out to Cambridge United in September 2012 before being the part of Bishop’s Stortford on loan two months later. Mike Thalassitis then spent the remaining part of the season on loan at Boreham Wood, his second loan at the club.
- In the 2013-14 season, Mike joined Ebbsfleet United on a season-long loan. Later, on 17 May 2014, Thalassitis was released by Stevenage.
- In May 2014, Mike invited to the Cyprus side for the first time for being with Japan. However, he was unable to travel due to the suffering of ruptured ACL during the final match of the season while on loan.
- On 30 October 2015, Thalassitis joined Chelmsford City after departing Bishop's Stortford. Thalassitis scored his first goal for the Clarets in a loss against Gosport Borough on 5 December 2015. Thalassitis left on 2 January 2016 to join Concord Rangers. Less than a month after joining Concord, on 29 January 2016, Thalassitis signed for St Albans City.
- On 27 May 2016, Thalassitis joined Margate from S. Albans City. After two months, Thalassitis joined Hemel Hempstead Town from Margate. On 28 February 2017, Thalassitis joined Welling United from Hemel Hempstead Town.
- Besides football, In 2017, Thalassitis appeared on the ITV2 reality series Love Island. He announced his retirement from football in December that year. After one year, Thalassitis joined the fourth series of Celebs Go Dating in 2018.
Michael Thalassitis Cause of Death
On 16 March 2019, as per his management report, they confirmed that Thalassitis had been found dead on 15 March Friday, in the woodlands near his home in Southend-on-Sea, Essex. He was only 26 years old at the time of death. The reason for his death was not disclosed yet. So, stay tuned with us for more update.
Personal Life of Mike Thalassitis
Reflecting his private life, Mike has been dating with The Only Way Is Essex star and country singer Megan McKenna before his death. The lovebirds have a happy love life until his death.
Previously, Mike has been in a special relationship with Lottie as well. Later they broke up. The reason behind their split was not disclosed till dates.
Net Worth of Mike Thalassitis
According to online estimates of Mike Thalassitis’s net worth is vary. While it’s relatively simple to predict his income, it’s harder to know how much Mike has spent over the years.
According to Celebsmoney.com, his estimated net worth said to be $ 1.5 million and his salary was not disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will late you know.
Mike Thalassitis Body Figures
Before death, he stands a height of 6 feet 2 inches and weighs around 75 kilos. Similarly, he has a pair of gray eyes and black hair color. Furthermore, his body measures 40-32-14 inches including chest, waist, and biceps size.
Trivias About Mike Thalassitis You Need To Know.
- He was the first player to sign a professional deal with the club from the Centre of Excellence.
- He takes retirement from football on December 2017.
- He was found dead in the woodlands near his home in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England on 15th March 2019.