Molly McCann - Bio, Net Worth, Ranking, Partner, Family, Age, Career
Molly Maria McCann is a versatile English Mixed Martial Artist (MMA) who is excellently known as Molly McCann. She is well known for being the one-time Cage Warriors Fighting Championship Flyweight. She currently competes in the flyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). She is #15 in the UFC women's flyweight rankings as of 16th June 2020 and is in the ''Next Generation MMA'' team. Her rank in MMA is a Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Paul Rimmer and fighting out in Liverpool, England. Molly is active in the fighting field since 2015. Recently, she won the fight via technical knockout against Hannah Goldy on 23rd July 2022 at UFC Fight Night 208 which helps her to win the "Performance of the Night" award. Besides, Molly is also active in social media as she has earned more than 341 K followers on her Instagram account.
Molly McCann Famous For
- She is an English Mixed Martial Artist (MMA).
- She is one time ''Cage Warriors Fighting Championship'' Flyweight Champion.
Where is Molly McCann from?
Molly McCann took birth on 4th May 1990 and her birthplace is Liverpool, England. Her nationality is British and her race is white. She came from an American-White ethnic background with the real name of Molly Maria McCann. Similarly, the zodiac sign of Molly is 'Taurus'. Her nickname is ''Meatball''. Her present age is 32 which she celebrated recently in 2022. She celebrated her every birthday every year of the 4th of May. Being an MMA fighter, Molly hasn't shared about her parents and about her educational qualification on the internet.
Molly McCann MMA Career
- Molly McCann began her MMA career by making her UFC debut facing Gillian Robertson at UFC Fight Night on 27th May 2018.
- Then at the weigh-ins, Molly weighed in at 127 lbs, a single pound over the flyweight non-title fight limit of 126, and was fined 20% of her purse, which went to Robertson but sadly, she lost the fight in round two.
- Her other fight came on 15th March 2019 against Priscila Cachoeira at UFC Fight Night and won the match whereas on 22nd June 2019 at UFC Fight Night, she faced Ariane Lipski and again won the fight via unanimous decision.
- After the fight against Ariane Lipski, she signed a new four-fight contract with the UFC and won the fight against Diana Belbita at UFC on ESPN 6, on 18th October 2019.
- She was scheduled to face Ashlee Evans-Smith on 21st March 2020 at UFC Fight Night: Woodley vs. Edwards but the event was postponed because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Later, Molly faced Talia Santos on 16th July 2020, at UFC on ESPN: Kattar vs. Ige where she lost the fight via unanimous decision. Brazilian Santos won the flyweight contest with scores of 30-27 30-27 30-27 from the three judges to secure her first UFC victory.
- She even says she will "hold her head high" following her unanimous decision defeat by Taila Santos on 'Fight Island' in Abu Dhabi.
- She had hoped to become the first English woman to win via stoppage but now has two UFC losses to her name.
- McCann, who suffered the third defeat of her career, came into the contest on a three-fight winning streak but struggled to cope with the rangy striking and smothering ground game of her 27-year-old rival.
- As per her MMA record, McCann has played altogether 13 matches where she won 10 matches and lost 3 matches.
- McCann faced Ji Yeon Kim on 4 September 2021 at UFC Fight Night 191 and won the fight via unanimous decision after which she faced Luana Carolina on 19th
- March 2022 at UFC Fight Night 204. She won the fight via knockout after landing a spinning back elbow in round three.
- On 23rd July, she faced Hannah Goldy at UFC Fight Night 208 and won the fight via technical knockout.
Awards and Achievements
Mixed martial arts
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Fight of the Night (One time) vs. Ji Yeon Kim
Performance of the Night (Two times) Luana Carolina and Hannah Goldy
Cage Warriors Fighting Championship
- Cage Warriors Fighting Championship Women's Flyweight Champion (One time)
- 2022 March Knockout of the Month vs. Luana Carolina
Who is Molly McCann's partner?
Molly McCann is an unmarried woman. Talking about her sexual orientation, she is a lesbian. She is in a romantic relationship with her partner Sharon Baker-Pearson. They are having a blissful life sharing lots of love with each other and they are very less likely to get separated. It seems that she is comfortable keeping her personal life open to the public. It shows how she loves her fans and leaves no page unturned to make them know what they want.
What is Molly McCann's Net Worth?
Molly McCann's net worth is estimated at about $3 million as of 2022 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. She is a passionate and hardworking lady, so there is no doubt her net worth and salary will surely rise higher in the future days. In addition, her major source of income is her MMA career.
Molly McCann Height, Weight, Size
Molly McCann is a very beautiful lady with a glowing face. She has got a strong body with a height of 5 ft and 4 inches or 1.63 m. Her body weight is about 57 kg or 125 pounds. She always flaunts her glamorous side while making public appearances. Molly's hair color and eye color are black. But her other body measures will be published soon.
Trivias About Molly McCann You Need To Know.
- She made her UFC debut in May 2018 against Gillian Robertson.
- She graduated with a degree in sports development and physical education from Liverpool John Moores University in 2013.
- Her star sign is Taurus.
- McCann is a lesbian.
- She is also known as Meatball.