Priscilla Presley Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Elvis, Elvis Presley, Married, Husband, Son, Daughter, Lisa Presley, Lisa Marie Presley, Graceland, Age
Priscilla Presley is a renowned American entrepreneur and actress; notable for being the wife of the famous American musician named Elvis Presley. She was the former President of Elvis Presley Enterprises which orchestrated Graceland turning into one of the top tourist destinations in the United States. Today, let's explore the facts related to the Priscilla Presley wiki, career, affairs, and many more.
What makes Priscilla Presley famous?
Priscilla became popular as an actress through her brilliant performance in the movie titled Naked Gun as well as the soap opera Dallas for which she got an award in 1984. The stunning actress has equally appeared in other popular movies like Spin City, Family Guy, Touched By An Angel, and Breakfast with Einstein, among others.
Who are the parents of Priscilla Presley?
Back to her early life, Priscilla first stepped into this world in 1945; her birth name was Priscilla Ann Wagner and she was born in New York City in the United States. She is the daughter of James Wagner who worked as a pilot for the US Navy and his wife Anna Lilian Wagner. Her father passed away through a plane crash barely six months after she was born.
After his death, her mom married Paul Beaulieu who was a US Airforce officer in 1948. Due to the nature of her father’s job, Priscilla didn’t experience a stable childhood as her family kept on moving from one place to the other. She spent her childhood days in Connecticut, Maine, New Mexico, Texas, and Germany.
Regarding her education, She attended the Immaculate Conception High School in Memphis. Upon graduating in June 1963, she moved to live-in with Presley.
When did Priscilla Presley pursue his acting career?
- Priscilla’s career did not start immediately following her studies. Instead, she went into the wedlock with the singing sensation Elvis Presley who was popularly known as the King of Rock n Roll
- It was following her divorce with Presley in 1973 that she eventually started her career as a proprietor of Bis & Beau, a clothing boutique, along with friend and stylist Olivia Bis. The store was a major hit and had high-society clients including Cher, Lana Turner, Barbara Streisand, and Natalie Wood. The store, however, shut down in 1976.
- Following Presley’s death in 1977, she served as the executor for his only heir, her daughter, Lisa Marie. The Graceland estate required a whopping amount of $500,000 as maintenance costs which limited Lisa Marie’s inheritance to merely $1 million. Due to financial constraints, selling Graceland estate was the only option before Priscilla. However, she did not succumb to the pressures and instead acted wisely.
- She took the risk of converting Graceland estate into a tourist attraction, a move which paid off handsomely. Opened to the public on June 7, 1982, the estate came under Elvis Presley Enterprises of which she served as the president. Under her, the enterprise grew on to become a multi-million dollar trust.
- In 1988, she launched her own line of fragrance. She soon followed it up with her own range of linens. Meanwhile, she also produced a couple of films including ‘Breakfast with Einstein’ and ‘Finding Graceland’. In 2000, she was appointed to the board of directors of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- Priscilla, all through her life, had been interested in modeling and dancing but Presley’s aversion to his wife having a career in show business restrained her interest to being hobby alone. However, after his death, she pursued a career as an actor.
- Her first outing in front of the camera was for a 1980 television show, ‘Those Amazing Animals’. In it, she served as the co-host. Only three years later, she got her officially first acting assignment, for ‘Manhunter’ episode of the show ‘The Fall Guy’ which was in its second season.
- In 1983, she starred in the television film, ‘Love is Forever’, opposite Michael Landon. Her acting won her positive response from viewers and makers. Subsequently, she was seen as Jenna Wade in the prime-time television soap opera ‘Dallas’. She played the character for five long years until 1988.
- In 1988, she starred opposite Leslie Nielson in the first film of ‘The Naked Gun’ series, ‘Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!’ She was seen in the next two sequels of the series including, ‘The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear’ (1991) and ‘Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult’. All the films were major blockbuster hits.
- The decade of the 1990s saw her appear as special guest for the television series, ‘Melrose Palace’, ‘Touched by an Angel’ and ‘Spin City’. She was a contestant in the show ‘Dancing with the Stars’.
- On Christmas 2012, she made her pantomime debut in the musical comedy, ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’. She starred opposite Warwick Davis. She reprised her role two years later at Opera House in Manchester.
- Her latest TV film is Wedding at Graceland where she featured as Priscilla Presley in 2019.
To whom Priscilla Presley married?
Reflecting her personal life, Priscilla got hitched to the famous American music superstar cum actor named Elvis Presley. The couple met each other during Elvis’ Army career in 1959 at a party in Presley’s home in Bad Nauheim, Germany. Although Priscilla was fourteen at the time; the love between her and Elvis was something so deep and can’t be explained. The pair tied the knot on the 1st of May 1967 and their wedding was held at the Aladdin Hotel located in Las Vegas. Later, The pair welcomed their first bundle of joy, a daughter named Lisa Marie Presley.
Interestingly, Priscilla continued to enjoy a blissful union with her celebrity husband until 1972 when their relationship turned sour. The couple separated in 1972 and filed for a divorce the following year. Their divorce process was finalized in October 1973 and the duo remained friends.
Following her divorce in 1973, Priscilla had too many romantic associations. Immediately after her split, she started to live-in with her romantic partner, Mike Stone. But the relationship did not last long as she soon was infatuated by Mike Edwards, a model, and actor. Her live-in relationship with Edwards lasted for six years.
Subsequently, Priscilla began another relationship with a man named Marco Garibaldi. The pair were together for over 22 years and they both had a son named Navarone Garibaldi in March 1987. In 2006, they ended their relationship. At present, she probably singles because there is no information about her affairs on the internet.
How much is Priscilla Presley net worth?
Undoubtedly, Priscilla is a career driven woman and so talented with business. Her excellent creative ideas kept her former husband’s company Elvis Presley Enterprises above their competitors; hence becoming a multi-million dollar company. She equally ran her own businesses including a Bis & Beau boutique among other businesses.
In addition to that, she has earned a huge amount of money from her acting career as well. Priscilla Presley currently has a whopping net worth of $50 million. However, her salary is yet to be revealed. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.
How tall is Priscilla Presley?
Observing her body physics, Priscilla stands a heigh of 5 feet and 4 inches and weighs around 56 Kg. Similarly, She has an average body build with 34-26-35 inches. She used 32B bra size, 7 (US) shoe size and 6 (US) dress sizes. Further, Her eyes color is blue and hair color is a natural brunette.
Did You Know?
- Was, very briefly, the mother-in-law of singer Michael Jackson.
- Is a celebrity advocate for the Humane Society of the United States' Animal Rescue Team.
- The AutoZone Liberty Bowl chose her as its 2018 Distinguished Citizen Award winner.