Rena Sofer Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, Height, Award, Wiki
Rena Sofer is an American actress who is best known for her appearances in daytime television, episodic guest appearances, and made-for-television movies. She portrayed Lois Cerullo in the soap opera "General Hospital". Since 2013, she has played Quinn Fuller on the CBS soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful. She confirmed on Twitter on August 17, 2022, that she would leave her role as Quinn after nine years on the show.
What is Rena Sofer Famous For?
- For her role in the soap opera "General Hospital" and "The Bold and the Beautiful".
- Being an American actress.
Where is Rena Sofer From?
Rena Sofer was born in Arcadia, California, the USA on 2nd December 1968. Her birth name is Rena Sherel Sofer. She is of American nationality and her ethnicity is American-White. She celebrated her 53rd birthday as of 2021. She is the daughter of Susan Sofer (née Franzblau), a psychology professor, and Martin Sofer, a Conservative rabbi. Her family moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, until, after her parent's divorce, she moved with her father and brother David to Teaneck, New Jersey, in 1970. When she was 5 years old, they resided in Western Pennsylvania. They lived in Ambridge, Pennsylvania, where her father led Beth Samuels Jewish Center. She attended the Frisch School, a coeducational Modern Orthodox Jewish high school in Paramus, New Jersey. She lived in North Bergen, New Jersey, where her father was rabbi of the synagogue Temple Beth El. She then graduated from North Bergen High School and attended classes at Montclair State College.
Rena Sofer Career Timeline
- Sofer made her TV debut appearing as Joyce Abernathy in "Another World" in 1987.
- Her first high-profile role was as Rocky McKenzie on the daytime soap opera "Loving" (1988–91) which was then followed by "Herman's Head".
- Next, she appeared as Lois Marie Cerullo on "General Hospital" (December 15, 1993 – September 24, 1996). She later returned as a guest star (February 7–17, 1997; September 30 – October 2, 1997).
- She has appeared in several high-profile prime-time television series in guest star/supporting cast member roles: Seinfeld, Melrose Place, The Chronicle, Ed, Friends, Spin City, Blind Justice, Ghost Whisperer, 24, NCIS, and Two and a Half Men.
- Also, she joined the cast of the NBC sitcom Just Shoot Me!, playing the character Vicky Costa.
- She appeared on Two and a Half Men in 2008 and has guest starred on Dirty Sexy Money.
- She played a ghost on Ghost Whisperer.
- In addition, she began a recurring role on NCIS as Attorney Margaret Allison Hart.
- In 2013, she had a publicized appearance on "Once Upon a Time", playing Snow White's mother.
- She made her film debut in 1992 as Shayne in "A Stranger Among Us".
- She played the P.E. teacher Ms. Desjarden in the television film adaptation of "Carrie" in 2002.
- She starred in the television movie "Always and Forever" which aired on October 24, 2009, on the Hallmark Channel.
- She has been doing TV movies since 1992 when she starred as Andrea Larson in the television movie "Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style".
- It was announced in May 2013 that she would join the CBS soap opera "The Bold and the Beautiful", in the newly created role of Quinn Fuller; her first episode aired on July 12.
- She next confirmed on Twitter on August 17, 2022, that she would leave her role as Quinn after nine years on the show.
Awards and Achievements
- Daytime Emmy Award in 1995 for his role in General Hospital under the category 'Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
- Soap Opera Digest Award in 1995 for his role in General Hospital under the category 'Outstanding Younger Lead Actress'
- Won Soap Awards France in The Bold and the Beautiful under Best Villain of the Year in 2016
- Soap Awards France in 2018 in The Bold and the Beautiful
Who is Rena Sofer's Husband?
Rena Sofer is a married woman. She tied a knot with television director and producer, Sanford Bookstaver in 2003. On 5th August 2005, she gave birth to her second daughter (Avalon Leone Bookstaver), her first with Bookstaver, in Los Angeles. Later, they divorced in 2017. In 2019, Sofer announced they had reconciled and in April announced their engagement, and they later remarried in the year 2019. Today, the lovely pair are enjoying their present life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, she married her General Hospital co-star Wally Kurth on March 31, 1995. They had a daughter, Rosabel Rosalind Kurth. They divorced in 1997 due to personal reasons.
What is Rena Sofer Net Worth?
Rena Sofer is a successful actress who has appeared in several movies and TV series. As of 2022, the net worth of Sofer is estimated to have $3 million. Her main source of income is an acting career. She is making her salary in thousand of dollars. She is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Rena Sofer?
Rena Sofer is a beautiful actress with a tall height of 5 feet 6 inches and her body weight consist of 56 kg. She has blonde hair and charming blue eyes. Her body measurement is 31-25-33 inches. Her bra size is 34B and her shoe size is 8.5 (US). She has got a healthy body at present.
Did You Know?
- Sagittaris is her zodiac sign.
- She married television director and producer Sanford Bookstaver.
- She is the winner of the Daytime Emmy Award for her role as Lois Cerullo in the soap opera General Hospital.
- Her birth name is Rena Sherel Sofer.