Ronda Rousey - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Browne, Child, WWE, UFC, Record, Finger Injury, Movies, Rowdy, Furious 7, Salary, Height, Parents
An American mixed martial artist, judoka, judoka, and actress is named for Ronda Rousey. She is currently signed to WWE and performs on the Raw brand. She became a judo champion, earning back-to-back golds at the Pan American Championships and a 2008 Olympic bronze medal. She joined the mixed martial arts circuit in 2010, earning fame as the UFC Bantamweight Champion. Her longstanding nickname, "Rowdy", was inherited from late professional wrestler Roddy Piper. The movies in which Ronda appeared include The Expendables 3 (2014), Furious 7 (2015), and Mile 22 (2018), and releasing her autobiography My Fight / Your Fight in 2015.
Ronda Rousey nearly severed her finger shooting '9-1-1'
Ronda Rousey nearly severed a finger in a freak on-set accident, she revealed on Tuesday. The actress, WWE star and former MMA fighter were filming the third season of the FOX drama "9-1-1" when she slammed her hand in a door. She initially thought she "jammed her fingers" and finished the take, Rousey wrote, before she shared what happened with the episode's director and was rushed via ambulance to a hospital where doctors reattached her bone and tendon to her finger with a plate and screws. Rousey did not say when the incident occurred but returned to work the next day. Rousey posted a picture of the injury on Instagram, writing: "Modern medicine amazes me, I already had a 50% range of motion back in 3 days.
Early Life of Ronda Rousey
Ronda Rousey was born on 1st February 1987 in Riverside, California as Ronda Jean Rousey. She was born as the youngest of three daughters of AnnMaria De Mars and Ron Rousey. Her mother, a decorated judoka, was the first American to win a World Judo Championship. She struggled with speech and could not form an intelligible sentence due to apraxia for the first six years of her life. She became interested in the world of martial arts since her childhood years. She is of American nationality. She belongs to a mixed ethnic background of English, 1/4 Trinidadian and Grenadian (including African, Spanish, and English), 1/16th Polish, as well as German, Scottish, and distant Dutch. Talking about her education, she was homeschooled for parts of the elementary and high school. Later, she dropped out of high school and later earned a G.E.D. As of 2019, she celebrated her 32nd birthday.
Body Measurements of Ronda Rousey
Ronda Rousey is a very beautiful woman. She has a height of 5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm. She weighs around 135 lbs or 61 kg. Her measurement is 35-25-34 inches or 89-63.5-86 cm. Her hair color is blonde and eye color is hazel. She has got a very charming smile attracting a lot of people towards her.
Career of Ronda Rousey
- Rousey Rousey began judo with her mother at the age of 11.
- She was named to the United States Olympic team at age 15, and at 16 she became the youngest American to earn the national No. 1 ranking in the women’s half-middleweight division.
- She then claimed gold at the 2004’s World Junior and Pan American Judo Championships.
- She also became the first American woman in 12 years to earn a World Championship medal by finishing second in the 2007 tournament.
- She retired from judo at the age of 21 after earning the bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics.
- She then worked as a bartender and lived out of her car for a spell in Los Angeles.
- She joined the Glendale Fighting Club and in August 2010 made her amateur debut in mixed martial arts, a victory by way of an armbar after just 23 seconds. She became the first woman to sign with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the world’s largest mixed martial arts league.
- She successfully defended her belt in the inaugural UFC women’s bout in February 2012.
- Since then, she has been a dominant force in the women’s UFC.
- She is also an active member of the WWE world.
- She made a surprise appearance at Royal Rumble on January 28, 2018, confronting Raw Women's Champion Alexa Bliss, SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair, and Asuka, who had just won the inaugural women's Royal Rumble match.
- On 17th January 2019, it was confirmed that she would be voicing Sonya Blade in the video game Mortal Kombat 11.
- On 18th August 2019, it was revealed that she is appearing as a recurring character Lena Bosko in the third season of FOX's 9-1-1 series.
- Apart from her career in the fighting ring, she is also an actress.
- She has 8 credits as an actress till date.
- The movies in which Ronda appeared include The Expendables 3 (2014), Furious 7 (2015), and Mile 22 (2018), and releasing her autobiography My Fight / Your Fight in 2015.
- She also has 2 credits as a producer.
Net Worth of Ronda Rousey
Rousey is a very successful wrestler and she has earned a huge amount of money from his wrestling career. She has not revealed her current salary. However, she has an estimated net worth of around $12 million at present. As of today, she is satisfied with her earnings.
Marital Status, Husband, Child
Ronda is a married woman. On April 20, 2017, Rousey and Browne announced their engagement. Browne proposed to Rousey under a waterfall in New Zealand. The pair married on August 28, 2017, in Browne’s home state of Hawaii. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances.
Previously, she dated Timothy DiGorrio in 2012. They were together for a year before calling it quits in 2013. Additionally, from 2013 to 2014, she was romantically linked with the retired mixed martial artist, Brendan Schaub.