Rose Byrne - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Parents, Nationality, TV Shows, Awards, Father, Career, Salary, News
Rose Byrne is an award-winning Australian actress known for her roles in films such as The Goddess of 1967. Her performance in the film won her a Venice Film Festival Award for Best Actress. She is also known for her work in the American psychological thriller TV series Damages where she played the main role.
She developed an interest in acting at a very early age. She began taking acting classes from the age of eight, and also became a member of the Australian Theatre for Young People. Her first appearance on the big screen was in the film Dallas Doll. After gaining popularity through Australian films, she made her first Hollywood appearance in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, where she played a minor role. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Rose Rose Byrne famous for?
- An Australian actress.
- Her work in the American psychological thriller TV series Damages.
Where is Rose Byrne from?
Recalling her early life, Byrne was born in Balmain, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. She is Australian by nationality and belongs to a mixed ethnicity. Similarly, her birth sign is Leo and a follower of Agnostic.
His father Robin Byrne, a semi-retired statistician as well as a market researcher and Jane Byrne, a primary school administrator. He has three siblings; They are George Byrne, Alice Byrne, and Lucy Byrne.
Where is Rose Byrne go for education?
Concerning her education details, Byrne attended Balmain Public School and Hunters Hill High School in Sydney, New South Wales. Subsequently, She studied at Bradfield College in Crows Nest. Later, she graduated from the University of Sydney. She also studied acting from Atlantic Theatre Company and Australian Theatre for Young People.
When did Rose Byrne begin her acting career?
- Byrne's career began at the early age of thirteen, with the film Dallas Doll where she played a minor role. Then she started appearing in guest roles in several TV shows such as Heartbreak High, Fallen Angels, and Echo Point.
- The first significant film in her career was The Goddess of 1967 where she played a lead role. Her performance was appreciated and won her an award for Best Actress at the Venice Film Festival'.
- Slowly her popularity began to increase and in 2002, she made her entry into Hollywood. She appeared in the hit film Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones in a minor role.
- In 2003, she appeared in two films The Rage in Placid Lake and Take Away, playing significant roles in both films. However, neither of the films did very well commercially.
- In 2004, she appeared in a supporting role in Troy, an American epic war film loosely based on Homer's Iliad. The film was not only a commercial success but also became the 8th highest-grossing film of the year. It won an Oscar nomination as well.
- She continued playing significant roles in several films such as The Tenants (2005), The Dead Girl (2006), and 28 Weeks Later (2007).
- In 2007, she also started playing a significant role in the American thriller TV series Damages. Her appearance in the series has been the most significant work in her television career.
- Throughout the next few years, she appeared in significant roles in the films Just Buried (2007), Knowing (2009), Get Him to the Greek (2010), and Bridesmaids (2011).
- In 2011, she also played an important role in X-Men: First Class, her first film in the X-Men film series. She portrayed a CIA agent named Moira Mac Taggert.
- Her fame peaked to newer heights and she continued playing important roles in many hit films throughout the years. In 2012, she appeared in the American comedy The Internship.
- In 2014, she won an AACTA Award for her role in the Australian film The Turning. The same year, she played the main role in Neighbors, an American comedy film about a couple having to deal with a troublesome family who moves into a nearby house.
- Her most recent films include Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (2016) and X-Men: Apocalypse (2016). In 2017, she played the main role in the television film The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which aired on HBO.
- I Am Mother (2019) is a thriller and sc-fi movie with Clara Rugaard and oscar winner Hilary Swank also one of her newest movies Jexi (2019) where she voices an evil virtual assistant with Adam Devine, Alexandra Shipp, and Wanda Skyes.
- Further, her upcoming movies are Like a Boss, Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway, and Irresistible which is said to be released in 2020. These films are currently the post-production phase.
What are the achievements of Rose Byrne?
Throughout her career, Byrne has won several significant awards. Some of them are:
- The Venice Film Festival Award for her role in the film The Goddess of 1967 in 2000.
- AFI International Award for Best Actress for her role in the TV series Damages in 2007.
- Utah Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the film Spy in 2015.
- He was also named in Who Magazine's list of Most Beautiful People of 2007.
Who is Rose Byrne married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Byrne is yet to be married. She has a romantic relationship with several people while pursuing her career in the field of the entertainment industry. From 1999 to 2002, she dated Australian film director, Gregor Jordon.
After that, she dated actor Brendan Cowell for almost seven years starting from 2003. They spilled in early 2010 due to a long-distance relationship. They even spent their seven years living on the opposite side of the country.
Then from 2012, she started dating American actor, Bobby Cannavale. The couple has been in a loving relationship since then and shares two beautiful kids named, Rocco Robin and Rafa. However, there is no news about them getting married anytime soon.
How much is Rose Byrne's worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Byrne earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through her profession as an actress. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $16 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Rose Byrne?
Observing her body physics, Byrne stands a height of 5 feet 6¼ inches and weighs around 53 Kg. Similarly, he has a slim body with a body measurement of 32-24-33 inches. Further, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and hair. She used 32B bra sizes.
Trivias About Rose Byrne You Need To Know.
- She was named in the Most Beautiful People of 2007 list in Who Magazine.
- While her mother is atheist, she and her father describe themselves as agnostic.
- She is a supporter of UNICEF Australia.
- She lists her beauty products at Byrdie.
- Ranked #7 in People Magazine's Best Dressed Celebrities of 2015.
- Voted #78 on Ask men's Top 99 'most desirable' woman of 2012 list.
- She is of Scottish and Irish descent.
- Ranked #16 on FHM's Sexiest Women in the World, Australian edition. (2006).
- Ranked #9 on FHM's Sexiest women in the world, Australian edition (2001).
- Ranked #5 in Hallmark Channel's TV's sexiest leading woman poll (2008).