Rose West Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Husband, Children, Life Story, Facts, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Wiki, Murders, Now, Birthday
Rosemary Pauline West, well known as Rose West is an English serial killer who collaborated with her husband, Fred West, in the torture and murder of at least nine young women between 1973 and 1987. They became two of the most horrific serial killers known to the United Kingdom, responsible for the dismemberment and murder of women and young girls, including two members of their own families. Rose was also judged to have murdered her eight-year-old stepdaughter, Charmaine, in 1971. She is currently an inmate at HM Prison New Hall, Flockton, West Yorkshire, after being convicted in 1995 of ten murders.
- Being an English serial killer.
- For murdering women and young girls, including two members of their own family.
What is Rose West Nationality?
Rose West took birth on 29th November 1953 with the real name of Rosemary Pauline Letts in Northam, Devon, England. She is of British nationality and she belongs to British-white ethnicity. Similarly, her religion is Christian and her race is white. Rose has celebrated her 67th birthday as of 2020 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She is the daughter of her father, William Andrew "Bill" Letts (25th February 1921 - 24th May 1979), and her mother, Daisy Gwendoline Fuller (born 1919). She has six siblings as she was the fifth of seven children born into a poor family. Her parents separated when she was a teenager.
Regarding Rose's academic qualification, she lived with her mother and attended Cleeve School for six months, later moving in with her father at the age of 16 in Bishop's Cleeve, near Cheltenham, Gloucestershire; her father, who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia, was prone to extreme violence and repeatedly sexually abused Rose and her oldest sister Patricia.
Rose West Career Timeline
Meeting with Rose West
- Rose West first encountered Fred West, a 27 years old guy in early 1969 at the age of 15. The pair first met at Cheltenham bus station and Rose twice refused to go on a date with Fred, but allowed him to accompany her home.
- Rose worked in a nearby bread shop and became a willing childminder to Fred's daughters, whom she noted were neglected and whom she initially treated with care and affection.
- Later she left her job at the bread shop in order to become a full-time nanny to Charmaine and Anna Marie.
- Several months later, she introduced Fred to her family, who were aghast at their daughter's choice of partner however her mother, Daisy Letts, was unimpressed with Fred's boastful and arrogant behavior and correctly concluded he was a pathological liar. Her father vehemently disapproved of the relationship, threatening Fred directly and promising to call social services if he continued to associate with his daughter.
- She left the home on her 16th birthday for troubled teenagers to return to her parents while Fred was serving a thirty-day sentence for theft and unpaid fines whereas she left her parents' home to move into the Cheltenham flat he then lived in after Fred was released.
- Again, Fred was imprisoned for the theft of car tires and a vehicle tax disc. As he served this six-and-a-half-month sentence, Rose, having just turned 17, looked after the three girls, with Charmaine and Anna Marie being told to refer to Rose as their mother.
- According to Anna Marie, she and Charmaine were frequently subjected to physical and emotional abuse throughout the time they lived under Rose's care at Midland Road.
- Hospital records reveal Charmaine had received treatment for a severe puncture wound to her left ankle in the casualty unit of the Gloucester Royal Hospital on 28th March 1971. This incident was explained by Rose to have resulted from a household accident.
- She is believed to have killed Charmaine shortly before Fred's prison release date of 24th June 1971. As with the Giles family, Rose explained Charmaine's disappearance to others who enquired about her whereabouts by claiming that Fred's first wife, Catherine "Rena" West, had called and taken her eldest daughter to live with her in Bristol.
- In Anna's autobiography, "Out of the Shadows", Marie who was of full English ethnicity while Charmaine was of part-Asian ethnicity recollects that when she asked why her mother had collected Charmaine but not her, Fred callously replied: "She wouldn't want you, love. You're the wrong color."
- Being provided with Fred's Midland Road address, Rena sought to confront him likely to discuss or demand custody of her daughters. This was the final time Rena was seen alive.
- She is believed to have been murdered by strangulation, possibly in the back seat of Fred's Ford Popular and likely while intoxicated. The body was extensively dismembered, placed into plastic bags, and buried close to a cluster of trees, known as Yewtree Coppice, at Letterbox Field.
Initial sexual assaults
- The Wests led eight-year-old Anna Marie to the cellar at 25 Cromwell Street in September 1972, where the child was ordered to undress, with Rose tearing her dress from her body upon noting the child's hesitation. She was then stripped naked, bound to a mattress, and gagged before Fred raped her with Rose's active encouragement.
- Fred and Rose forced Anna Marie into prostitution from the age of 13, telling clients she was 16.
- The Wests hired 17-year-old Caroline Owens as their children's nanny in October 1972. They had picked her up one night on a secluded country road as she hitchhiked from Tewkesbury to her Cinderford home, having visited her boyfriend.
- On 6th December 1972, the couple lured Owens into their vehicle with an apology for their conduct and the offer of a lift home.
- Owens's mother immediately reported her daughter's ordeal to the police, and the Wests were arrested and charged with assault, indecent assault, actual bodily harm, and rape. The case was tried at Gloucester Magistrates Court on 12th January 1973, but by this date, Owens had decided she could not face the ordeal of testifying in court.
Investigation and arrest
- Fred confided to his appropriate adult, Janet Leach, that Rose murdered Shirley Robinson after his arrest in February 1994 and had assisted in her dismemberment, personally removing Robinson's foetus from the womb in the process.
- Another body found at Cromwell Street was that of the Wests' daughter, Heather, who was murdered in June 1987 at the age of 16, after being abused by her parents all her life.
- Fred was again arrested after being accused of raping his thirteen-year-old daughter three times on 6th August 1992, and Rose was arrested for child cruelty. This case against them collapsed on 7th June 1993 when their daughter refused to testify in court.
- Rose, along with Fred, was arrested in February 1994 after police found human remains and apparent signs of torture at 25 Cromwell Street.
- Fred took his own life by hanging on 1st January 1995 while on remand at HM Prison Birmingham.
- Rose was incarcerated at HM Prison Bronzefield in Middlesex as a Category A prisoner; she was later transferred to HM Prison Low Newton in County Durham before, in 2019, being transferred to HM Prison New Hall in West Yorkshire.
- She lodged an appeal against her ten murder convictions with the Court of Appeal almost immediately after being found guilty, however, the Court of Appeal refused to consider her application for an appeal to be heard on 18th March 1996.
- She announced her intention not to appeal against her convictions, while maintaining her innocence in September 2001.
- Additionally, according to the 2020 TV documentary "Rose West & Myra Hindley: Their Untold Story with Trevor McDonald", Rose and Myra Hindley "grew close in jail, bonding over their similar crimes than had an affair, which cooled as they became rivals to be 'prison royalty'."
Who is Rose West married to?
Rose West is a married woman, She tied a knot with Fred on 29th January 1972. The ceremony took place at Gloucester Register Office, with Fred falsely describing himself as a bachelor on the marriage certificate. No family or friends were invited. Several months later, with Rose pregnant with her second child, the couple moved from Midland Road to an address nearby: 25 Cromwell Street. Rose gave birth to a second daughter on 1st June. The date of her birth led Fred and Rose to name the child Mae June. Sadly, she became a single mother after Fred took his own life by hanging on 1st January 1995. Talking about her sexual orientation, she is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Rose West?
Rose West's exact amount of net worth has not been disclosed yet however we can surely assumer it is around thousands of dollars as of 2021. Her salary amount is also unknown. She has earned a considerable amount in her career. In addition, her major source of income is from her serial killer career.
How tall is Rose West?
Rose West stands at an ideal height of 5 feet and 6 inches (1.67m) with perfect body weight. She has dark brown hair and eyes color. Moreover, her body build type is average.
Did You Know?
- Rose's parents divorced when she was in her teens, at which point she went to live with her paranoid schizophrenic, sexually abusive father.
- She and her husband, Fred West, were collaborators in crime.
- At the onset of puberty, Rose, reportedly fascinated by her developing body, would deliberately parade naked or semi-naked around the house in the presence of her younger brother, Graham (born 1957).
- She began to work as a prostitute, operating from an upstairs room at their residence and advertising her services in a local contact magazine.
- By 1977, Rose's father Bill had come to tolerate his daughter's marriage, and to develop a grudging respect for Fred.