Shane Richie - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Kids, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height
Shane Patrick Paul Roche, professionally known as Shane Richie is a British actor, comedian, television presenter, and singer. He is well recognized for his portrayal of the character Alfie Moon in the BBC One soap opera "EastEnders" between 2002 and 2005. In 1990, Richie made his first terrestrial television appearance as one of the comics on the BBC One sketch show "Up to Something!". Whereas, he started his professional career at a very young age as a bluecoat entertainer at Pontins Holiday Camp Little Canada, on the Isle Of Wight. Also, he is a patron of the UK's Huntington's Disease Association. Additionally, it was announced in July 2022 that Richie would reprise the role of Alfie once again, returning to the soap in the Autumn.
What made Shane Richie famous?
- He is a British actor, comedian, television presenter, and singer.
- He was seen as Alfie Moon in the BBC One soap opera "EastEnders".
Who are Shane Richie's parents?
Shane Richie took birth on 11th March 1964 with the real name or full name of Shane Patrick Paul Roche. Being born in Kensington, London, England, he holds a British nationality and British-white ethnicity. Analogously, he is from the Christianity religion and his race is white. He has celebrated his 58th birthday as of 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Pisces. He is the son of his father, Harry Roche whereas his mother's name is unknown.
Moving to Shane's education, he attended Willesden High School and was a member of a youth theatre as a child.
Shane Richie Actor Career
- Shane Richie commenced his musical career by starring in musicals such as "Boogie Nights" and the 1993 London revival production of "Grease".
- He launched two albums, "The Album" in 1997 and "Once Around the Sun" in 2000.
- Then, he was seen in a touring run of "Scrooge: The Musical" over Christmas 2005 and also starred in the pantomime "Cinderella" at the Wycombe Swan Theatre in High Wycombe as Buttons during Christmas 2013.
- He also signed with East West Records in 2017 and released his debut country music album, "A Country Soul" on 10th November 2017.
- Later he began his TV career hosting the game show "Lucky Numbers" and starred in "The Shane Richie Experience" in 1985.
- After then, he starred in "Night and Day" as the villainous Danny Dexter from 2002-2003 as well as appeared in the comedy movie "Dead Clean" and then later "Distant Shadow".
- As well, he was executive producer for the British film "Shoreditch", in which he also appeared in a lead role though he starred in ITV drama "The Good Samaritan", and "Father Frank" for BBC One in 2007 and in the second series of "Skins" on Channel 4 as Bruce Gelcart.
- Richie starred in a revamp of the series "Minder" on Channel 5 in February 2009 as well as appeared in a one-off television drama called "Whatever It Takes" in the following year.
- He filmed "Caravanning With Shane Richie" for Channel 5 in 2019, also it was announced that Richie would appear on the twentieth series of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here" in November 2020.
- Besides, he joined the cast of "EastEnders" as Alfie Moon in 2002 but left the program on Christmas Day in 2005 whereas he announced on "The One Show" that his character Alfie Moon would return to "EastEnders" on 23rd July 2009.
- Subsequently, he produced and starred in the film "Shoreditch" in 2003 and played a rat named Sid in the Aardman Animation film "Flushed Away" in 2006.
- Besides, he released his autobiography "Rags to Richie" in 2003.
- Shane also can be seen in a British survival reality television show, "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!" as himself in 2020.
- Furthermore, it was announced in July 2022 that he would reprise the role of Alfie once again, returning to the soap in the Autumn.
Who was Shane Richie married to?
Shane Richie is a married guy. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife Christie Goddard and their relationship is outstanding as of now. Although, the couple has three children they are considering adopting a baby after his "I'm A Celebrity". Shane was previously married to Coleen Nolan in 1990 and together they had two sons, Shane Roche Jr. (born 1988) and Jake Roche (born 1992). The couple's relationship did not long last, they got divorced in 1999. Talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much does Shane Richie earn?
Shane Richie has a net worth of $20 million as of 2022. He also earns a fine amount of salary too which is also in thousands of dollars per year. He is among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever he embarks on. In addition, his major source of income is from his acting and television presenter career. He is sincere in his work. But, he is doing all the hard work in order to build a secure financial status for himself and his family.
How tall is Shane Richie?
Shane Richie stands at a perfect height of 6 ft 1 in (1.83 m) with a balanced weight of 70 kg (155 lbs). He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes color though his body build type is average. Shane has maintained his shape over the years with regular exercise it seems.
Trivias About Shane Richie You Need To Know.
- He was picked for the role of Alfie for his familiarity to viewers from a series of television ads.
- He became a contestant on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here in 2020.
- Shane had released his autobiography titled Rags to Richie in 2003.
- In 2007, he married Christie Goddard.
- He had mentioned in an interview that he had often broken the law in the past by orchestrating ticket touts outside of movie theatres.