Tatiana Maslany - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Boyfriend, Family, Spouse, Age, Parents, Ethnicity, Nationality, Career, She Hulk, Height, Awards, Actress
Tatiana Maslany is a Canadian actress who is mostly known for her numerous roles in the science fiction television series "Orphan Black" from 2013-2017. For her role, she has won many awards that also includes one Emmy Award and two Critics' Choice Television Awards. She is also famous for her starring role in the film "Picture Day" and "Cas and Dylan". Her other appeared TV series are Heartland (2008–2010), The Nativity (2010), and Being Erica (2009–2011).
She is active in the social media platform with around 520k followers on her Instagram: @tatianamaslany and has around 332k followers on her Twitter: @tatianamaslany.
Maslany lands on the role of Marvel's Most-Awaited character She-Hulk
On 17th September 2020, Marvel Studios announced that Maslany would be playing the Marvel Comics character "She-Hulk" in the live-action Disney+ series which will set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. After Kat Coire was announced the director of the new Marvel series for the most-awaited Marvel character "She-Hulk", there have been a lot of rumors about different actresses who could play the role of "She-Hulk".But on Tuesday, it has been almost decided that Maslany will be the one portraying the role of Marvel's most awaited character "She-Hulk". Shortly after the Marvel Deadline's story about Maslany's She-Hulk casting got published, Mark Ruffalo who plays the role of Hulk in the Marvel series retweeted about her casting and gave her a warm welcome.
What is Tatiana Maslany famous for?
- Famous as a Canadian actress
- Known for her role in the science fiction television series "Orphan Black"
Where is Tatiana Maslany from?
Tatiana Maslany was born on September 22, 1985, in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Her birth name is Tatiana Gabriele Maslany. Canadian is her nationality. Her ethnicity is White while Virgo is her zodiac sign. She belongs to Romanian, German, Polish and Austrian descent.
She was born as the eldest child of Dan Maslany(father) and Renate Maslany(mother). Her father was a woodworker while her mother was a language translator. She has two younger brothers, Michael and Daniel. Daniel is also a Canadian actor and producer.
She was raised in her hometown, Regina. She joined Elementary school where she learned the French language. Her mother taught her German language. She is also fluent in Spanish. At the age of 4, she started taking dancing classes, and later at the age of 9, she joined community theatre and musicals. She did her schooling from Dr. Martin LeBoldus High School and got graduated in 2003.
While in high school, she was in the school's theatre team and she acted in many school production dramas. She also appeared in the 2002 Canadian television series "2030 CE". She acted in many dramas for which she traveled all over Canada with her parents. Her parents supported her in her decision of pursuing her career in acting. Then in 1995, she portrayed the role of Orphan in the Brtish musical theatre show "Oliver". After being graduated, she moved to Toronto, Ontario to continue her career in acting. She also participated in improvisational theatre and is now a member of it.
Tatiana Maslany Career: Highlights
- Tatiana Maslany started her professional acting career in 2004 by debuting in the role of Ghost in the movie "Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed".
- In the year 2007, she appeared as Lindsay Rollins in the supernatural horror film "The Messengers".
- Then, she played the starring role of Kit Bailey in the CBC series "Heartland".
- She played the lead role in Hallmark channel film "An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving" in 2008.
- In 2010, she appeared as Sarah Wexler in the 2nd season of the Canadian drama television series "Being Erica".
- She also co-starred in the film "Standford's Certain Prey as Clara Rinker" in 2011.
- Then in 2012, she played the lead role of Claire in the full-length film "Picture Day".
- Maslany rose to fame in 2013 after she started appearing in the science fiction television series "Orphan Black".
- In the series, she played numerous roles including the lead role of Sarah Moaning as well as Sarah's cohort of clones.
- Her role was appreciated a lot and she won many awards for her role in the series. She stayed in the series till 2017.
- Then, she landed on a role in many movies such as "Cas and Dylan", "The Vow", "Blood Pressure", "Two Lovers and a Bear", "Stronger", and "Destroyer".
- Furthermore, she has also made her guest appearances in many TV series like "Pose", "Being Erica", "The Nativity", and "Flashpoint".
- She won a Philip Boros Award for Best Performance at the 2012 Whistler Film Festival for her leading role of Claire in the movie "Picture Today".
- In 2019, she starred in the Broadway production of "Network" alongside Bryan Cranston.
- Maslany played the starring role of Sister Alice in the HBO period drama miniseries "Perry Mason" which got released in June 2020.
- On 17th September 2020, it has been told that she will be portraying the role of Marvel Character She-Hulk in the live-action Disney+ series based on the character.
Awards and Achievements
Tatiana Maslany won her first award "Gemini Award" for Best Performance by an Actress in a Guest Role for her guest role in the TV series "Flashpoint" in 2009.
For her role in the movie "Picture Today", she won two Awards: Whistler Film Festival Awards and ACTRA Awards.
She got nominated for 26 awards for her role in the series "Orphan Black" from 2013-2017.
Among which, she won 15 awards that also includes an Emmy Award. After winning the Emmy Award, she became the first Canadian actor to win an Emmy in a major dramatic category for work in a Canadian series.
Throughout her career till the date, she has been able to win 24 awards.
Tatiana Maslany Husband
The Canadian actress, Tatiana Maslany is not married till the date. She is also not dating anyone at present. She seems to be much more focused on her career than her personal life. Previously, she was in a relationship with Tom Culler. They dated each other for 8 years from 2011-2019. Culler is also an actor. At present, she is living a happy life in Los Angels. She also has been active in many programs for "Black lives matter". Also, she has posted many tweets in defense of Black life. She is also an animal lover and loves to go trekking.
Tatiana Maslany Net Worth
The Canadian actress, Tatiana Maslany has earned a good amount of money from her profession since debuting in 2002. She has an estimated net worth of $3 million as of 2020. Her net worth includes all her property and her present earnings. She also earns from her endorsement deals. At present, she is living a luxurious lifestyle.
Tatiana Maslany Height
The 34 years aged, Tatiana Maslany has a well-maintained slim body. She is a gorgeous lady with Brown hair and a pair of Hazel eyes. She stands at a height of 5ft 4 inches and has a body weight of 54kg(119lbs). Her body measurement is 35-24-35 inches. She has an hourglass-shaped body. Her shoe size is 7.5(US) and her dress size is 4(US).