Tim Allen - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Family, Career, Awards, Height
Tim Allen is an award-winning American comedian and actor who is famous for his role as Tim "The Toolman" Taylor on the ABC sitcom Home Improvement (1991–1999) and Mike Baxter on the ABC/Fox sitcom Last Man Standing (2011–2021). Moreover, he appeared in Tropical Snow (1988), Galaxy Quest (1999), Joe Somebody (2001), Zoom (2006), Wild Hogs (2007), The Six Wives of Henry Lefay (2009), Crazy on the Outside (2010), 3 Geezers! (2013), and El Camino Christmas (2017). Similarly, he has done voiceover work in films and TV shows such as Toy Story 2, Cars, Toy Story 3, Ralph Breaks the Internet, The Wonderful World of Disney, and Spin City. As an author, he has released two books; Don't Stand Too Close to a Naked Man (1994), and I'm Not Really Here (1996).
What is Tim Allen Famous For?
- Being an Actor and Comedian.
- For his appearance as Tim "The Toolman" Taylor on the ABC sitcom Home Improvement (1991–1999) and Mike Baxter on the ABC/Fox sitcom Last Man Standing (2011–2021).
Where is Tim Allen From?
Tim Allen was born with the birth name of Timothy Allen Dick on 13th June 1953 in Denver, Colorado, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed as he is of English, Irish, German and Scottish descent. He celebrated his 69th birthday in 2022. Gemini is his zodiac sign and his religion is Christianity. He was born to his dad, Gerald M. Dick, and his mum, Martha Katherine. His father was a real estate agent and his mother was a community service worker. When he was 11, he lost his father in an auto car accident and after two years, his mother married her high school friend and then they moved to Birmingham, Michigan. He has a total of eight siblings. He went to the Seaholm High School in Birmingham and it was there, that he developed his love for acting. After graduating from high school, he enrolled in Central Michigan University but in 1974, he opted to transfer to Western Michigan University. In 1976, he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in communications specializing in television and radio-television production with a split minor in design and philosophy. After graduation, he made money by selling drugs. After he was arrested on drug charges he spent two years in jail.
Tim Allen Career Timeline
- Tim Allen began his career as a comedian in 1975 and also, participated in a comedy night at Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle in Royal Oak, a suburb of Detroit.
- After then, he got recognition appearing in local television commercials and appearing on cable comedy shows such as Gary Thison's Some Semblance of Sanity.
- Next, he moved to Los Angeles and became a regular performer at The Comedy Store and began to do stand-up appearances on late-night talk shows and specials on record and film.
- He rose to fame by acting in the ABC sitcom "Home Improvement" (1991–1999).
- He also played the main character Tim "The Tool-Man" Taylor.
- Likewise, he starred in the highest-grossing film (Walt Disney Pictures' The Santa Clause), and topped The New York Times bestseller list with his book "Don't Stand Too Close to a Naked Man".
- He also provided the voice of Buzz Lightyear in the Disney/Pixar blockbuster "Toy Story" in 1995 and starred in the family comedy "Jungle 2 Jungle" in 1997.
- He returned to voice Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 2 in 1998 and starred in the sci-fi parody "Galaxy Quest" in 1999.
- He reprised his role as Scott Calvin in The Santa Clause 2 in 2002 and he starred as Luther Krank in Christmas with the Kranks in 2004.
- Next, he starred in The Shaggy Dog and The Santa Clause 3 in 2006 and appeared in "Redbelt".
- He hosted the 8th Annual TV Land Awards on 25th April 2010. Next, he returned to ABC with the sitcom Last Man Standing (2011–2017).
- He had been announced as part of the cast of the Netflix original comedy film El Camino Christmas (2017).
- In 2018, he had a cameo voice role as Buzz Lightyear in "Ralph Breaks the Internet".
- In 2019, he voiced the character in "Toy Story 4" and appeared as himself in "No Safe Spaces" a documentary film.
Tim Allen Awards and Achievements
- Won People’s Choice Award for Favorite Male Performer in New Television Series in 1992
- Won Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy under his work in Home Improvement
- Won Kids' Choice Awards in 1994-1997
- Won TV Guide Awards in 1999
- Won Annie Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement for Voice Acting in Animated Movies
- TV Land Award for Fan Favorite
- TV Guild Award for Favorite Comeback and more
- 1999: Named a Disney Legend for his work on the Toy Story and The Santa Clause franchises
- 2004: Received a motion pictures star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6834 Hollywood Boulevard for his contributions to the film industry
- 2017: Inducted into the Diecast Hall of Fame
How much is Tim Allen Net Worth?
Tim Allen is a talented and successful actor whose net worth is estimated to have $100 Million as of 2022. He was paid $1.25 million USD per episode for his appearance on the Home Improvement (1991–1999). His exact salary at present is in millions of dollars. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present. He has also lent his voice to the brand promotions campaigns of Pure Michigan and Campbell Soup. Tim Allen had a lucrative brand endorsement deal with the motor giant Chevrolet and even gave his voice to the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze advertisement campaign.
Who is Tim Allen Wife?
Tim Allen is a married man to American television and voice actress, Jane Hajduk after dating for five years. They married on 7th October 2006 in a small private ceremony in Grand Lake, Colorado. They have a daughter who was born in March 2009, Elizabeth Allen. His sexual orientation is straight.
Tim Allen was previously married to Laura Deibel. Laura is an American actor, producer, and director by profession. They married on 7th April 1984 and were legally divorced on 1st March 2003. They had a child in 1989, Katherine.
How tall is Tim Allen?
Tim Allen is a handsome man with an average body type. He stands at the perfect height of 5 feet 10.5 inches of 179 cm with a body weight of 82 Kg or 182 lbs. He has salt and pepper hair and his eye color is blue. His shoe size is 10.5 US.
Trivias About Tim Allen You Need To Know.
- His first appearance in a movie came in drama film Tropical Snow in 1988 as Baggage Handler.
- He made his first appearance in a TV show in comedy show ABC TGIF in 1990 as Tim Taylor.
- He was arrested in October 1978 at the Battle Creek Airport while possessing about over 650 grams (1.43 lbs) of cocaine.
- In 1995, he won best television series actor at the Golden Globe Awards for his work in Home Improvement show.
- In 2022, Tim reprised his popular role of Scott Calvin/Santa Claus in the Disney+ series The Santa Claus.
- Timothy Allen Dick is his birth name.