Vanessa Feltz - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Husband, Children, Age, Birthday, Facts, Weight, Height, Wiki, Nationality, TV Shows, Salary, Siblings, Trivia
Vanessa Feltz is an English television personality, broadcaster, and journalist. She is one of the famous presenter and Radio hosts in the UK. She is also ranked among the highest-earning and top-rated employees in Great Britain. She is a fiancee of an English singer Ben Ofoedu who is the lead singer of electronic dance duo Phats & Small, which is known for the 1990 smash hit Turn Around (Hey What's Wrong With You).
Apart from her BBC career, She has appeared on various reality television shows, including "Vanessa" (1994–1998), "The Big Breakfast"(1996–1998), "The Vanessa Show" (1999), "Celebrity Big Brother" (2001), "The Wright Stuff"(2003–2005), and "Strictly Come Dancing" (2013). Currently, she presents an early morning radio show on BBC Radio 2 and the Breakfast Show on BBC Radio London. She also regularly sits in for Sara Cox and for Jeremy Vine on BBC Radio 2.
What is Vanessa Feltz famous for?
- Being an English television personality, broadcaster, and journalist.
- For hosting a morning radio show on BBC Radio 2 and the Breakfast Show on BBC Radio London.
Where was Vanessa Feltz born?
Vanessa Feltz was born on 21st February 1962 in Islington, London, England. Her birth name is Vanessa Jane Feltz. She holds an English nationality and belongs to the Caucasian ethnic group. Her star sign is Pisces. Since childhood, Felt has been practicing her Jewish faith.
Feltz comes from a middle-class Jewish background family. Her father, Norman Feltz, was in the lingerie business while her mother Valerie Ohrenstein was a housewife who died of cancer at the age of 57 in 1995. She has a sister named Julia with whom she grew up in Pine Grove, Totteridge.
Feltz attended Haberdashers' Aske's School for Girls, an independent school in Elstree, Hertfordshire. After her high school graduation, she enrolled at Trinity College, Cambridge, graduating with a first-class honors degree in English.
Vanessa Feltz Career
- Feltz's first job after graduating from her college was as a columnist for "The Jewish Chronicle", a London-based Jewish weekly newspaper in the mid-1980s.
- She began working for the British national tabloid "Daily Mirror" in the late 1980s.
- From 1994 to 1998, she presented the ITV daytime television chat show, "Vanessa".
- In 2001, Feltz joined the local radio station BBC London 94.9.
- In 2002, she made a cameo appearance in the comedy film "Once Upon a Time in the Midlands".
- Between 2003 and 2005, Feltz made regular appearances on the British TV chat show "The Wright Stuff".
- In 2010, Feltz and Ofoedu won their episode of the Virgin 1 show A Restaurant in our Living Room.
- On 3rd September 2010, She participated in the Ultimate Big Brother.
- She took over the BBC Radio 2 Early Breakfast Show on 17 January 2011.
- On 7th September 2013, Feltz participated in the 11th season of the British TV dance contest where she partnered with James Jordan.
- Feltz currently presents an early morning radio show on BBC Radio 2 and the Breakfast Show on BBC Radio London.
Who is Vanessa Feltz married to?
Vanessa Feltz has been married once in her life. Her only marriage to date was with her ex-husband Michael Kurer in 1985. Michael is a doctor by profession. After a year of their wedding, the couple welcomed their firstborn child: a daughter Allegra Kurer. Their other daughter was born in 1989. The couple remain as husband-wife for about 15 years until their divorce in 2000 with Feltz citing Michael has cheated on her via newspaper reports.
After her divorce, Feltz began dating singer Ben Ofoedu. The love birds were engaged in December 2006. Despite being engaged for more than fifteen years, Feltz, 60, and Ofoedu, 49, haven't been married yet. However, they maintain a healthy relationship with each other and has been living together as a partner.
On Feltz's 60th birthday (21 February 2022), Ben Ofoedu serenades her live on the BBC show "This Morning" which made her emotional and she immediately breaks down in tears. The This Morning team played a trick on Vanessa as Ben posed as a phone-in viewer called 'Daniel' who said he was Vanessa's biggest fan. Ben then emerged and sang All My Life by K-Ci and Jojo as Vanessa broke down in tears.
What is Vanessa Feltz's net worth?
As of February 2022, the net worth of Vanessa Feltz is estimated to be £38 million. As a veteran BBC presenter, she is earning a huge income for the past 40 years. She was amongst the ten highest-paid BBC presenters in 2019, with a salary of £355,000. In 2020 her salary was around £405,000 - 409,999, which is an increase of £50,000. While summing all of her earnings from different sources, she makes around £1 million a year.
How tall is Vanessa Feltz?
Vanessa Feltz is 5 ft 2 inches tall and her body weight is 71 Kg. She has an apple-shaped body. Her body measures 43-33-44 inches. She wears a 48F(US) size bra and a 12(US) size dress. She feels comfortable wearing 8(US) size shoes. She has a pair of unique grey-colored eyes. She looks elegant in her long silky hairstyle that is blonde in color.
Trivias About Vanessa Feltz You Need To Know.
- Feltz was the first female columnist for the London-based Jewish weekly newspaper "The Jewish Chronicle".
- In May 2003, Channel Four conducted a poll of 100 Worst Britons and Vanessa ranked at the 93rd spot on the list.
- When she was a kid she struck up a summer romance with a 12-year-old DJ Pete Tong while on a family vacation
- Her father, Norman, was in the lingerie business.
- Her elder daughter is Allegra Benitah, a former tax lawyer who is now a television baker and chef.