Winona Ryder - Bio, Facts, Age, Net Worth, Movies, Husband, Married, Keanu, Reeves, Weeding, Young, Family, Career, Affair,Film Maker,Dating
Winona Ryder, one of the most brilliant American actress who has been nominated for two times Academy Award, is the definition of an iconic actress. She is popularly nicknamed as Noni. She has won Golden Globe Award also.
Well Known For:
Winona is best known for appearing in films such as Heathers (1988), Mermaids (1990), The Age of Innocence (1993), Little Women (1994) and others. She debuted with 1986 American teen tragicomedy film Lucas for her role as Rina.
Early Life of Ryder
Ryder was born on 29th October 1971, she has always been an A-list celebrity in Hollywood. Her father name is Michael Horowitz and mother name is Cynthia Istas Palmer. She was born in Olmstead County, Minnesota. Her nationality is American and her sun sign is Scorpio. Her ethnicity is White. She belongs to a mixed ethnic background of Ashkenazi Jewish and Belgian. Her full name is Winona Laura Horowitz. Introduced to the world in Tim Burton's 1998 comedy Beetlejuice and in Heathers as a high school outcast, Winona has graced the big screens appearing in distinguished movies like Edward Scissorhands, The Age of Innocence, Reality Bites and Girl, Interrupted among others. There's also her famed relationships with prominent names in the film industry that kept her name afloat in the tabloids.
Body Features of Ryder
Moving towards her body features, she stands 1.61 m tall and her balanced weight is 52 Kg. Her eye color is Dark brown and the hair color is Blonde. Her bra size is 32D and dress size is 4 (US). Her body measurement is 36-24-35.
Career of Ryder
- Ryder debuted in 1986 with David Seltzer directed Lucas which starred Kerri Green with Charlie Sheen.
- Ryder was seen next in Square Dance in 1987 and later she was cast by Tim Burton in Beetlejuice in 1998.
- Ryder played Veronica Sawyer in Heathers in 1988 opposite Christian Slater.
- Ryder was also critically acclaimed for Gregory's Girl although the movie didn't make waves in the box office.
- Ryder landed a critical role in the box office hit Edward Scissorhands opposite Johnny Depp.
- After turning down the role in The Godfather Part III, she appeared alongside Cher in Mermaids.
- This got her nominated for a Golden Globe award.
- Ryder appeared with Jeff Daniels in Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael.
- Ryder received acclaims for Night on Earth, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The House of Spirits and The Age of Innocence.
- The Age of Innocence which was based on Edith Wharton's novel and starred actors, Daniel Day-Lewis and Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Ryder received her first Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress and a nomination for an Academy Award.
- Ryder appeared in Ben Stiller's Reality Bites in 1994.
- Ryder received her career's second Academy Award nomination in 1994 for her starring role in Little Women.
- In 1996, she appeared in Boys.
Looking for Richard, The Crucible and Alien Resurrection followed which further cemented Winona's career.
- Ryder received a Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Alien Resurrection.
- In 1999, she starred in Girl, Interrupted as a mentally troubled female lead.
- She was expected to receive an Academy Award nod for the role but her co-star Angelina Jolie received the award.
- She appeared as a young romantic interest of Richard Gere in Autumn in New York.
The comedy Mr. Deeds in which she starred opposite Adam Sandler collected over $125 million in 2002.
- After a shoplifting incident and a hiatus, she appeared in A Scanner Darkly in 2006.
- She reclaimed her place among the top actresses in the business with a supporting role in 2010's Black Swan.
Frankenweenie, The Letter, and Homefront are her latest releases.
- Winona's hiatus in the early 2000s was a difficult time for her.
- After getting caught shoplifting in Beverly Hills, she was detained and taken to court where she was found guilty.
Following the ordeal, she was on probation for three years, fined thousands of dollars and was assigned several hours of community service.
- Since 2016, Ryder has starred in the Netflix science fiction-horror series Stranger Things.
Net Worth of Ryder
Winona has been successful in her professional career as well as in her personal life. Her net worth is estimated to have $18 Million as of 2018. Her salary is still to get unfold.
Affairs of Ryder
Winona is also famous for her serious relationships in the 1990s. She and Hollywood star Johnny Depp started dating in 1989 and were engaged in 1990. They broke up after three years following which she started a relationship with Dave Pirner of Soul Asylum in 1993. The couple lasted until 1996. Actor Matt Damon is also known to have dated Winona in 1998. They separated two years later. After that, she had been dated with many celebrities named Rob Lowe, Christian Slater, Robert Downey Jr., Evan Dando, Chris Isaak, Dave Pirner, Daniel Day-Lewis, David Duchovny, Jay Kay, Jimmy Fallon, Beck, Pete Yorn, Conor Oberst, Val Kilmer, Henry Alex Rubin, etc.
Currently, she is in a relationship with fashion designer Scott Mackinlay Hahn.
Trivias About Winona Ryder You Need To Know.
- She was named after a nearby city named Winona, which is in Minnesota.
- In July 2014, French pop band Bonjour Gaston released a song in her name titled “Winona FTW".
- Winona is afraid of water because of a drowning experience at the age of 12.
- Winona also got her stage name “Winona Ryder” from a personality named Mitch Ryder, soul and rock singer.
- In 1998 movie Celebrity, she played the role as Nola, which was originally written for Drew Barrymore.
- She was offered the role of Alice Sutton in Conspiracy Theory (1997).