Woody Harrelson Bio, Net Worth, SNL, Billie Eilish, Married, Wife, Nancy, Laura Louie, Kids, Movies, Cheers, Height, Parents, Age, Facts, Wiki
Woodrow Tracy Harrelson famed as Woody Harrelson is a famous American actor and playwright who rose to fame after he appeared in the television sitcom Cheers as bartender Woody Boyd. After that, he made his appearance in many movies. Some of his notable works include Billy Hoyle in White Men Can't Jump (1992), Mickey Knox in Natural Born Killers (1994), Larry Flynt in The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996), Zombieland (2009), Capt. Tony Stone in The Messenger (2009), Dave Brown in Rampart (2011), Charlie Frost in 2012 (2009), Haymitch Abernathy in The Hunger Games film series (2012-2015), Merritt McKinney in the Now You See Me film series (2013-2016), the Colonel in War for the Planet of the Apes (2017), Rex Walls in The Glass Castle (2017), Bill Willoughby in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017), Tobias Beckett in Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018), and Maney Gault in The Highwaymen (2019). Recently, Woody Harrelson welcomes Billie Eilish which became her first day at SNL (Saturday Night Live). Overall, he is a very talented actor.
Early Life of Woody
Woody was born on 23rd July 1961 as Woodrow Tracy Harrelson in Midland, Texas, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. As of 2019, he celebrated his 58th birthday with his friends and families. His religion is Christian. He was born to Charles, his father and Brett Harrelson, his mother. His father was a convicted hitman who received a life sentence for the 1979 killing of Federal Judge John H. Wood Jr. His father died in the United States Penitentiary, Administrative Maximum Facility on 15th March 2007. He and his two brothers, Jordan and Brett, were raised in a Presbyterian household. His family was poor and relied on his mother's secretary wage. He attended Lebanon High School and later went to Hanover College by joining the Sigma Chi fraternity. He received a BA in theater and English in the year 1983.
Body Measurements of Woody
Being at the age of 58, Woody still looks very handsome and young. His charming smile attracts a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 5 ft 9 in with the perfect body weight of 83 Kg. His eye color is Blue and his hair color is Blonde. His waist size is 36 in, chest size is 42 in and his arms size is 15 in. Overall, he maintained his body a lot and he has got a healthy body.
Television Career of Woody
- Woody rose to fame after his appearance on the NBC sitcom "Cheers" where he played as bartender Woody Boyd, who replaced Coach (played by Nicholas Colasanto, who died in February 1985).
- After that, he joined the cast in 1985 in season four, spending the final eight seasons (1985-1993) on the show.
- For the show, he was also nominated for five Emmy Awards, winning once in 1989.
- He then guest-starred in "Frasier" for which he was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for this performance.
- He then made his role in several 2001 episodes of Will & Grace as Grace's new boyfriend Nathan.
- He was interviewed by Stephen Colbert, to promote his movie The Messenger on 12th November 2009.
- He returned to television in the year 2014 in the first season of the HBO crime series True Detective.
- He took part playing in Soccer Aid 2010 for UNICEF UK on 6th June 2010.
- He scored to win the game for "The Rest of the World" team, beating England for the first time since the tournament began.
- He also took part in Soccer Aid 2012 on 27th May 2012. The match ended 3-1 in favor of England.
Film Career of Woody
- Woody made his film debut in the movie Wildcats, a 1986 comedy movie.
- After that, he appeared in White Men Can't Jump (1992) and the box office bomb Money Train (1995).
- He appeared in the drama Indecent Proposal in 1993.
- He played in Natural Born Killers and The Sunchaser.
- He starred in the comedy Kingpin for the Farrelly brothers in the year 1996.
- He starred in the Milos Forman film The People vs. Larry Flynt. With this movie, he even got more fame in his career.
- His performance was nominated for a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award for Best Actor.
- He starred in the 1997 war film Welcome to Sarajevo and in 1997 had a featured role as Sergeant Schumann in Wag the Dog.
- He starred in the thriller Palmetto and played Sergeant Keck in The Thin Red Line, a war film nominated for seven Academy Awards in the year 1999.
- He made other films such as The Hi-Lo Country and even he portrayed Ray Pekurny in the comedy EDtv.
- After that, he played in the movie "Play It to the Bone" and "Anger Management".
- Moreover, he appeared in the action film After the Sunset, She Hate Me, The Big White, North Country, "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio", Free Jimmy and also A Scanner Darkly.
- He played Carter Page III, gay escort of privileged Washington D.C. women, in the film The Walker in the year 2007.
- He played in the crime thriller movie No Country for Old Men for which he won a Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Cast.
- He then appeared in the movie Semi-Pro, Seven Pounds, The Messenger.
- For the movie The Messenger, he was nominated for a Satellite Award, an Independent Spirit Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- He co-starred in the horror-comedy Zombieland and later appeared in the movie "2012".
- He starred as a bartender and mentor in the futuristic western martial arts film Bunraku in the year 2010 and Friends with Benefits in the year 2011.
- He also directed the 2011 film ETHOS and played in "The Hunger Game" in 2012.
- He had a leading role in Game Change as republican strategist Steve Schmidt in the year 2012.
- He and daughter Zoe starred in a 7-minute short film for U2's 'Song for Someone in the year 2015.
- He played the antagonist The Colonel in the science fiction film War for the Planet of the Apes in the year 2017.
- He starred in The Glass Castle in the same year.
- He played police chief Bill Willoughby in the black comedy crime film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri for which he received Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor and Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role nomination.
- He then starred in the movie Solo: A Star Wars Story in 2018.
- He appears in a cameo at the end of the film Venom, portraying Cletus Kasady in the same year i.e 2018.
Marital Status, Wife, Children
- Woody is a married person and his married two times in his life. He married his girlfriend, Nancy Simon on 29th June 1985 and the couple got separated on 20th January 1986 after a year.
- After that, he married Laura Louie on 28th December 2008. The couple is blessed with three children. As of now, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. They are enjoying their life a lot. At present, the couple is residing in Maui, Hawaii, the USA.
Net Worth of Woody
The net worth of this famous actor will be surely in million as he has appeared in many movies and his many movies made a good collection at the box office. His net worth as of 2019 is estimated to have $65 Million. His exact salary has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. There is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. Overall, he is satisfied with his earning.