Yadier Molina - Bio, Net Worth, Collision, Jonathan Lucroy, Astros, Jake Marisnick, Cardinals, Catcher, MLB, Contract, Injury, Family, Jersey, Wife
Yadier Benjamin Molina famed as Yadier Molina is a famous Puerto Rican professional baseball catcher who plays for the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Baseball (MLB). He has played his entire 16-year major league career with the Cardinals since his debut on June 3, 2004, and also for the Puerto Rican national team in four World Baseball Classic (WBC) tournaments. Moreover, he is also the recipient of a number of accolades, including nine Rawlings Gold Gloves and six Fielding Bible Awards.
Yadier Molina furiously calls out Astros' Jake Marisnick following a collision with Jonathan Lucroy
St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina had some strong words for Jake Marisnick after the Houston Astros outfielder ran over Los Angeles Angels catcher Jonathan Lucroy during a play at the plate in Sunday's game. He took to Instagram on Sunday night to call for action: "Verified Bulls**t!! MLB needs to take action on this Bulls**t play! F**k! Praying for Lucroy! slide slide slide f**kkk !!!". After Houston Astros' Jake Marisnick collided with Los Angeles Angels catcher Jonathan Lucroy while trying to score during the eighth inning of Sunday's game, St. Louis Cardinals veteran catcher Yadier Molina spoke out against Marisnick's play in an Instagram post. Molina was furious about the scary collision, saying it was a "bull**** play" while calling on MLB to take action. The umpires called Marisnick out under the home plate collision rule. The Astros challenged the ruling, but it was upheld. After the collision, Lucroy left the game to undergo a CT scan and an evaluation for a possible concussion and nose fracture.
Early Life of Yadier Molina
Yadier was born on 13th July 1982 as Yadier Benjamin Molina in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. He was born to Gladys Matta and Benjamin Molina, Sr., the youngest of three boys. His father played second base as an amateur and worked as a tools technician ten hours per day in a Westinghouse factory. He attended Maestro Ladislao Martinez High School in Vega Alta. His two older brothers, Bengie and Jose, also materialized into distinguished defensive catchers with lengthy careers in Major League Baseball (MLB). His nationality is Puerto Rican and his ethnicity is White. As of 2018, his age is 36.
Body Measurement of Yadier Molina
Yadier Molina is a very handsome and charming character baseball player. He has got an attractive personality and he has been able to collect a lot of followers from his looks. He has an average height of 1.80 m and a balanced body weight of 93 Kg. Sadly, his other body measurements information has not been revealed yet but we will add it quickly as soon as, once we get information. Overall, his body build is athletic.
Career of Yadier Molina
- Yadier Molina was signed by Cardinals in 2004 and he made his debut in the MLB for Cardinals on 3rd June.
- He struggled with injuries and saw a drop off in the offensive performance in his rookie season in 2005.
- Molina and the Cardinals agreed to a four-year, $15.5 million deal with a club option for a fifth, cementing his position as their starting catcher on 14th January 2008.
- His next contracts came in 2011, 2012, and 2017.
- Before going down due to an injury, Molina had already recorded a lot as far as his stats are concerned, viewing from 2004.
- He has appeared in 1799 games making 6281 At Bats, 621 Runs, and 1780 Hits. Moreover, he has made 342 doubles, 7 Triples, 137 home runs, 817 Runs Batted In, and 465 Walks.
- He has recorded 687 Strikeouts and an average of .283.
- He connected for a grand slam, becoming just the third Cardinals player to hit an Opening Day grand slam, following Mark McGwire and Scott Rolen on 5th April 2010.
- He signed a five-year extension with the Cardinals worth $75 million through 2017.
- In January 2018, he expressed his plan to retire following the 2020 season when his contract would expire.
- Looking at his career, he has made a lot of achievements including becoming a World Series champion twice, making the 8 All-Star teams thus far, winning the Gold Glove Award from 2008 to 2015, 4 Platinum Glove Award, and a Silver Sluggard Award.
- He was named to the 2018 MLB All-Star Game.
- Molina has also played for Puerto Rico at the World Baseball Classic which the team ended with a silver in 2013 as well as 2017. In both years, he got to make the All-World Baseball Classic Team.
- He was selected to be part of the 2018 MLB Japan All-Star Series as a member of the MLB All-Stars team on 10th September 2018.
- On Opening Day 2019, versus the Brewers, he extended his team-record for Opening Day starts with 15.
- He was placed on the disabled list on May 31 with a thumb tendon strain.
Net Worth of Yadier Molina
Yadier Molina is a very successful baseball player and he has worked very hard through the years in the MLB. He has come to make himself a great net worth. In the year 2017, he signed a contract extension with the St. Louis Cardinals that would have him with the team for the next three years. The contract which was worth $60 million, had it that he would receive a salary of $14 million in the first year, $20 million in 2018, and the same amount ($20 million) in the third year. Moreover, he has net himself a fortune that is worth $51 million. He has made his fortune in the MLB as well as some endorsement deals he has had over the years including with New Balance and T-Mobile. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings without any doubt.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Children
Yadier is a married person and the name of his wife is Wanda Torres. The two have been married since 2007. The interesting thing about the couple is that they met since the time they were both in high school. Their union has been blessed with two kids, Yanuell who was born in 2008 and Arianna, born in 2010. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances.