Zoe Saldana - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Kids, Age, Family, Awards, Wiki
Zoe Saldana is an American actress who is best known for her role as Neytiri (Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite), the Na'vi chief's daughter, in James Cameron‘s 2009 film "Avatar". She made her debut TV show in a single episode titled "Refuge" part 2, in the American police procedural and legal drama television series, Law & Order. She made her film debut in the 2000 teen drama film "Center Stage" portraying a ballet dancer. After then, she appeared as Nyota Uhura in the "Star Trek" film series, Gamora in "Guardians of the Galaxy" (2014), "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2", "Avatar", "Avengers: Infinity War", "Avengers: Endgame" among others. Her films grossed more than $11 billion worldwide, and she is the second-highest-grossing film actress of all time as of 2019. She will reprise her role as Neytiri in the sequels "Avatar 2" and "Avatar 3", scheduled for 2022 and 2024.
What is Zoe Saldana Famous For?
- Being an actress, producer, writer, and voiceover actress.
- For her role as Neytiri in "Avatar", Nyota Uhura in "Star Trek", Gamora in the "Guardians of the Galaxy".
Where is Zoe Saldana From?
Zoe Saldana took birth with the birth name of Zoe Yadira Saldana Nazario on 19th June 1978. She is from Passaic, New Jersey, the USA. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. Zoe Saldana has had not talked about her religious beliefs, but she is most likely to be Catholic. As of 2021, she cut her 43rd birthday cake. About her parents, she was born to her dad, Aridio Saldana, and her mom, Asalia Nazario. She spent her early childhood with his two siblings; sisters namely Cisely and Mariel in Jackson Heights, New York. She was raised bilingual, speaking English and Spanish. She holds American nationality and she belongs to Hispanic ethnicity. Her father was of Dominican and Haitian descent and her mother is Puerto Rican with some Lebanese ancestry. In an interview with Wired, she stated that she is 3/4 Dominican and 1/4 Puerto Rican. Her father died in a vehicle wreck around her ninth birthday, and her mother moved her children to the Dominican Republic. After then, she was raised by her stepfather Dagoberto Galan. With regard to her racial identity, Saldaña stated, "There's no one way to be black. I'm black the way I know how to be."
Focusing on her educational qualification, Zoe attended Newtown High School. Back then, she developed her interest in dance, she enrolled in the ECOS Espacio de Danza Academy studying forms of dance but describes ballet as her passion. She told Vanity Fair she quit ballet because she did not "have the feet" and had too much pride and ambition to just be in the corps de ballet. Her dance training and her acting experience helped her land her first film role, playing ballet student Eva Rodriguez in Center Stage in the year 2000.
Zoe Saldana Career Timeline
- Zoe Saldana made her debut film in "Center Stage" (2000), directed by Nicholas Hytner.
- Next, she appeared in the Britney Spears vehicle "Crossroads" in the year 2002.
- After then, she starred in the comedy-drama "Drumline" (2002).
- She made her role as Anamaria in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" (2003).
- Further, she appeared in "The Terminal" as Dolores Torres.
- In the year 2004, she had role in "Haven" and "Temptation".
- She appeared in "Constellation", "Guess Who with Ashton Kutcher", and "Dirty Deeds" in the year 2005.
- Likewise, she starred in the romantic comedy-drama "Premium" (2006) and "After Sex" (2007).
- She then starred in "Blackout" during the Northeast Blackout of 2003.
- After that, she had a supporting role as Angie Jones in the action thriller "Vantage Point" (2008).
- She played Nyota Uhura in "Star Trek" as well.
- Her second high-profile film in 2009 was James Cameron's "Avatar" portraying the indigenous hunter Neytiri.
- Next, she performed in "The Losers" as Aisha al-Fadhil in 2010. In the same year, she appeared in "Takers", "Death at a Funeral", and "Burning Palm".
- She starred in the romantic comedy "The Heart Specialist" and the crime drama "Colombiana" in 2011.
- She appeared in the romantic drama "The Words" in 2012 and after a year, she reprised her role as Uhura in "Star Trek Into Darkness", the sequel to the Star Trek re-boot in 2013.
- Also, she voiced her character in the 2013 release of the Star Trek video game.
- Later, she played Gamora in the hit "Guardians of the Galaxy" in the year 2014 in which she played the Gamora character.
- After the huge success of "Guardians of the Galaxy", she performed in "Rosemary's Baby" in May 2014.
- In 2016, she starred in "Nina", an unauthorized biography about the jazz musician Nina Simone.
- She co-starred in the science-fiction sequel "Star Trek Beyond" released in July 2016, and Ben Affleck's crime drama "Live by Night" released in December.
- She returned as Gamora in the "Guardians of the Galaxy" sequel, "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" which was released in May 2017.
- She next reprised the role in "Avengers: Infinity War" (2018) and its sequel "Avengers: Endgame" released in April 2019.
- She played "Mrs. Mollé in I Kill Giants" in 2017 as well as appeared in "My Little Pony: The Movie".
- In 2021, she appeared in two films; "Vivo" and "Maya and the Three".
- Saldana will be seen next as Neytiri in the sequels "Avatar 2" and "Avatar 3" scheduled for 2022 and 2024.
Zoe Saldana Awards and Achievements
- Won her first award in the category of "Best Ensemble Cast" by Boston Society of Film Critics" Awards for the film Star Trek in 2009
- Won multiple awards in the "Best Actress" category for her role of Neytiri in James Cameron's film, Avatar in 2010
- Academy of Science, Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films
- Won Empire Awards, Saturn Awards, Teen Choice Awards in 2009 for the film Avatar
- Won Teen Choice Movie Actress – Action award for Columbiana.
- Won Teen Choice Awards in 2018 for the film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Who is Zoe Saldana Husband?
Zoe Saldana is a married woman. She tied a knot to her handsome husband, Marco Perego in June 2013. By profession, Marco is an Italian artist. In July 2015, Saldaña revealed Perego adopted her surname upon marriage. Zoe became Zoe Saldaña-Perego and Marco became Marco Perego-Saldaña. They are also the proud parents of three children; twin sons namely Bowie Ezio Perego-Saldaña and Cy Aridio Perego-Saldaña (born in November 2014) and Zen Perego Saldana (born in February 2017). She has stated her children will be multi-lingual because she and her husband speak Spanish, Italian, and English around them. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, she dated Keith Britton, American actor and CEO of My Fashion Database in the year 2000. They got engaged in June 2010. Later, they broke up their eleven-year-long relationship in November 2011. Then, she began her relationship with Bradley Cooper (American Actor) in 2011 after her separation from Keith Britton. Their relationship was on and off. In 2012, the duo separated.
How much is Zoe Saldana Net Worth?
Zoe Saldana is a successful actress who has appeared in several hit movies. such as Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy among others. Through her talent and hard work, today, she has accumulated a net worth of $35 Million. Her films grossed more than $11 billion worldwide. Her main source of wealth is from the film industry. Whereas her exact annual salary and career earnings are still to get disclosed yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a cool amount of money from her professional work. She also did advertisements for Calvin Klein and Roca Wear. At present, she is living a lavish lifestyle from her career earnings.
How tall is Zoe Saldana?
Zoe Saldana is a beautiful actress who has got a perfect body measurement of 33-25-32 inches. Her height consists of 5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm and her well-maintained body weight consists of 54 kg or 119 pounds. She has got attractive dark brown eyes with black hair color. Her body type is slim.
During an interview with Net-a-Porter's The Edit in July 2016, she revealed she has Hashimoto's thyroiditis, an autoimmune disease, along with her mother and sisters. To combat the effects of this disease, Zoe said she alongside her husband, Marco adhere to a gluten-and dairy-free diet.