Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Alex Turner
|Celebrated Name||Alex Turner|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Alexander David Turner|
|Profession||Musician , Singer , Songwriter|
|Place Of Birth||Sheffield|
|High School||Stocksbridge High School|
|College / University||Barnsley College|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in or 171½ cm|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alex Turner is an English musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer who is best known as the frontman and principal songwriter of the rock band "Arctic Monkeys", with whom he has released six albums. He has also recorded with his side project "The Last Shadow Puppets" as a solo artist. When he was 16, he and three friends formed Arctic Monkeys. Their debut album, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (2006), became the fastest-selling debut album in British history and was ranked at No. 30 on Rolling Stone's list of the greatest debut albums of all time, with the single "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" becoming a UK number-one hit. After that, the band released studio albums, Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007), Humbug (2009), Suck It and See (2011), AM (2013), and Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino (2018). Arctic Monkeys headlined Glastonbury Festival in both 2007 and 2013 and performed during the 2012 London Summer Olympics opening ceremony. As the co-frontmen of The Last Shadow Puppets, Turner and Miles Kane have released two orchestral pop albums: The Age of the Understatement (2008) and Everything You've Come to Expect (2016). He has won seven Brit Awards, an Ivor Novello Award, and a Mercury Prize (he has been nominated six times).
What is Alex Turner Famous For?
- Being a musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer from the USA.
- Being a lead vocalist, songwriter, and guitarist of the English indie rock band Arctic Monkeys.
Where is Alex Turner From?
Alex Turner was born with the birth name of Alexander David Turner on January 6, 1986, in Sheffield, UK. He was raised in Sheffield's High Green suburb. He is the only child of secondary school teachers Penny and David Turner. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-Scottish. He has said that his parents came from "very different backgrounds"; his mother, from Amersham, Buckinghamshire, taught German and was "fascinated by language". His father, a Sheffield native, taught music and physics. His parents were both music fans and his earliest musical memories involve The Beatles and The Beach Boys. Turner himself was taught some scales on the family keyboard by his father and took professional piano lessons until he was eight years old. From the age of five, Turner grew up alongside neighbor Matt Helders; they attended primary school, secondary school, and college together. He attended Stocksbridge High School. He excelled in sports, particularly basketball. His teachers remember him as a quiet boy, bright and clever, but “laid-back" in his studies. He met Matt Helders in his primary school and became friends. The duo met Andy Nicholson at secondary school, and the three teenagers listened to rap artists such as Wu-Tang Clan, Cypress Hill, Dr. Dre, Outkast, and Roots Manuva. In 2001, his parents bought him a guitar following which he started writing songs, using a bass guitar and some microphones. Soon he was deep into music and got serious about making a career in this field. In 2002, while still in high school, he formed an indie rock band called "Arctic Monkeys" with his friends Andy Nicholson, Glyn Jones, and Matt Helders. They later added a classmate Jamie Cook. When Glyn left the band, he became the frontman and lyricist. They first practiced at their garages and later, at an unused warehouse in Wath. In 2002, he went to Barnsley College, where he studied English, psychology, music technology, and media. After college, his parents reluctantly agreed to let him skip university for one year to pursue his musical vision. He next took up a barman’s job at Sheffield music venue, The Boardwalk, while exploring musical avenues. His present age is 36 as of 2022.
Alex Turner Career Timeline
- In the summer of 2003, Alex played seven gigs in York and Liverpool as a rhythm guitarist for the band Judan Suki after meeting its lead singer Jon McClure who had offered him the opportunity.
- In August 2003, he recorded a demo with Judan Suk at Sheffield's 2fly Studios.
- In 2005, Arctic Monkeys self-released their first EP, "Five Minutes with Arctic Monkeys".
- In June, Domino Records offered them a recording contract, and in January 2006, their first album "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" was released.
- In 2006, a five-track EP was released. The same year, Andy Nicholson left the band, and bassist Nick O'Malley replaced him.
- In the year 2007, they released their second album, "Favorite Worst Nightmare".
- In 2008, Turner and Miles Kane, a popular musician, released an album, "The Age of the Understatement".
- In October 2008, he made his debut as a short story writer, and performed a spoken word track "A Choice of Three" on Matt’s compilation "Late Night Tales: Matt Helders".
- He also worked with Dizzee Rascal on the song "Temptation Greets You Like Your Naughty Friend".
- Arctic Monkeys released their third album, "Humbug", in the year 2009.
- He wrote and performed six songs for Richard Ayoade’s film, "Submarine", in 2011.
- In June 2011, the band’s fourth album, "Suck It and See", was released.
- He also wrote six songs for Miles Kane's first album "Color of the Trap".
- Their fifth studio album "AM" was released in 2013.
- Moreover, he also collaborated with Queens of the Stone Age’s sixth album "...Like Clockwork".
- In January 2016, Turner's other band The Last Shadow Puppets released a single after a gap of eight years. The title track from their upcoming album, "Everything You've Come to Expect", was released in March 2016, followed by the release of "Aviation", and "Miracle Aligner".
- Turner and Miles Kane released the EP "The Dream Synopsis" in December 2016.
- "Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino", Arctic Monkeys' sixth album, was released in May 2018. The album became the eighth number one album of Turner's career in the UK. The band toured the album from May 2018 to April 2019.
Who is Alex Turner's Girlfriend?
Alex Turner is currently reserved. He is dating his beautiful girlfriend, Louise Verneuil (French singer). He was spotted with Louise on multiple dates in 2018. They are going well together and they are planning to get engaged and married soon. His sexual orientation is straight.
Initially, he dated Lauren Bradwell in 2004. After that, had dated Johanna Bennett in 2005. Following their breakup, he became involved in a four-year relationship with writer Alexa Chung (2007-2011). He was also once engaged to American actress, Arielle Vandenberg, which was later called off. In 2015, he began dating model Taylor Bagley.
How much is Alex Turner's Net Worth?
Alex Turner is a musician, singer, and songwriter by profession whose net worth is estimated to have $25 Million as of 2022. He leads two music bands and both have released several albums and the sale of their music gives him this much. He is making his annual salary is in millions of dollars. His main source of wealth comes from the music industry and he is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Alex Turner?
Alex Turner has a tall height of 5 ft 7½ in or 171½ cm and his bodyweight consists of 66 kg or 145½ pounds. His hair color is dark brown and his eye color is also dark brown. His body type is slim. He has got a healthy body with an attractive personality.
Trivias About Alex Turner You Need To Know.
- He is a great cigarette smoker.
- Capricorn is his zodiac sign.
- He was "into hip-hop in a big way" as a teenager.
- For Turner, The Strokes were "that one band that comes along when you are 14 or 15 years old that manages to hit you in just the right way and changes your whole perception of things."
- He can also speak German.
- Turner took piano lessons as a child.
- He received his first guitar during Christmas of 2001.
- He had planned to study English at Manchester University if Arctic Monkeys was not successful.
- On March 18, 2011, Alex released an EP called Submarine.