Alexandra Hedison - Bio, Net Worth, Story, Married, Partner, Nationality, Age, Parents, Family, Height, Wiki, Awards, Career, Job, Facts, Photography
Alexandra Hedison is an American photographer, director, and actor who is well known for her publishing a series of books related to photography and art. Hedison's photography skills are even displayed in several museums and galleries around the world.
Back in 2008, Hedison was selected by Barclays Capital for international sponsorship as well. Apart from being a photographer, she is also an actress and has appeared in several movies playing several roles; "Sleep with Me", "The Rich Man's Wife".
Hedison is best recognized as the wife of Academy award-winning actress, Jodie Foster. Both the personality are in love with each other and have openly come out as a lesbian for over a decade now. Besides, she is active in social media sites with over 12k followers on Instagram: @alexandrahedison.
What is Alexandra Hedison Famous for?
- Famous as a photographer.
- Known as the wife of Jodie Foster.
Everything To Know About Jodie Foster
Where is Alexandra Hedison From?
Alexandra Hedison was born on July 10, 1969, in Los Angeles, California, United States. Her birth name is Alexandra Hedison. Her nationality is American. Hedison belongs to White ethnicity and is of Italian and Armenian heritage while Cancer is her zodiac sign.
Alexandra Hedison was born as the daughter of her well-to-do parents; Bridget Mori(mother) and David Hedison(father). Her father, David was a renowned stage actor and film director known for his works in "The Fly", "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", James Bond films; "Live and Let Die" and "Licence to Kill", while her mother, Bridget was a housewife.
She grew up along with her sister, Serena Rose in their hometown where she attended the State University of New York at Purchase and upon graduation, she attended the University of California, Los Angeles(UCLA).
Alexandra Hedison's Career Highlights
- Alexandra Hedison started her career as a photographer since the year of 1994 especially in the photography of arts and nature.
- She marked huge recognition with her first exhibition of her series of abstract landscapes held in 2002 at Rose Gallery.
- In 2005, she exhibited the (Re)Building series as a metaphor for memory in the architecture of the subconscious.
- She then came out with her project of a series of large-format pictures, "Ithaka". IT was exhibited in The New Yorker's Passport to the Arts in 2008 also in the Month of Photography Los Angeles a year later.
- Her work is represented in public and private collections worldwide and has been displayed at several galleries and museums.
- She published a series of books sponsored by the Center of Cultural Intelligence in Singapore in 2009.
- In 2010, Hedison’s solo show, "In the Woods" was displayed at the Meredith Gunderson Projects in London.
- Two years later in 2012, her work series, "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" was exhibited in a solo show at Diane Rosenstein Gallery in Beverly Hills, California.
- Along with other big personalities; William Eggleston, Vivian Maier, Sebastião Salgado, Hedison has been selected in the "My Aim Is True" exhibition at the Frostig Collection in 2013.
- In 2016, she exhibited in "Both Sides of Sunset - Photographs of Los Angeles" at Kopeikin Gallery.
- In 2017, Hedison alongside Jodie Foster co-chaired the 14th edition of the Hammer Museum's annual Gala.
- She also has appeared in several movies; "Sleep with Me", "The Rich Man's Wife", and "Tomorrow Never Dies" and TV dramas including "The L Word", "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman", "Melrose Place", "Any Day Now" and "Nash Bridges".
- She has directed the animated flick, "In the Dog House" as well as the documentary, "The Making of Suit Yourself".
Alexandra Hedison's Wife
Alexandra Hedison has been married for just once to date. Also, the fact that Hedison has come out openly as a lesbian and has been supporting the LGBT community for years that her first marriage is even with Jodie Foster. Foster is a popular two-time Academy Award-winning actress known for her work in "The Accused", "Taxi Driver", and "The Silence of the Lambs".
Hedison and Foster tied a knot on April 20, 2014, in a private wedding ceremony after they found love within each other. Since then Foster and Hedison have been living a happy and luxurious lifestyle.
Previously, Hedison dated popular comedian and talk show host, Ellen DeGeneres for over 3 years till 2004. Following her marriage with Foster who is already a mother of three children, Hedison also became the guardian of the children.
Alexandra Hedison's Net Worth
Alexandra Hedison has quite good earnings from her professional career as a photographer. Having her career started in the year 1994, Hedison has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent photographers in her decade-long career.
In the span of her career, she has garnered many experiences and has done her best in the world of photography. Her source is surely her photographs being displayed at museums and galleries. Her net worth is estimated to be around $2.5 million. Whilst, her wife, Jodie Foster has a whopping net worth of around $100 million.
Alexandra Hedison's Height
Alexandra Hedison is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained slim body physique in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inch. while her body weighs around 60kg.
Her body measurement is around 33-25-34 inches with 33B as her bra size, 4(US) as her dress size, and 7(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with short brown hair and hazel eyes.