Amanda Palmer - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Wiki, Patreon, Suicide, Married, Husband, Kids, Split, Band, Age, Height, Eyebrows, Tour, Awards, Songs, Albums
Amanda Palmer is an American singer, songwriter, musician, author, and performance artist who is widely recognized as the lead vocalist, pianist, and lyricist of the musical duo, "The Dresden Dolls". Palmer was also the lead singer and songwriter of Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra.
Palmer is also known by her other name, which is Amanda Fucking Palmer(AFP). She has won several awards including Boston Music Awards for Artist of the Year, she was also named Best Female Vocalist in the WFNX/Boston Phoenix Best Music Poll. Besides, Palmer is quite active in social media sites with her Instagram: @amandapalmer and Twitter: @amandapalmer.
What is Amanda Palmer Famous for?
- Famous as the lead vocalist of the musical duo, "The Dresden Dolls".
Where was Amanda Palmer Born?
Amanda Palmer was born on April 30, 1976, in New York City, United States. Her birth name is Amanda MacKinnon Palmer. Her nationality is American. Palmer belongs to White ethnicity while Taurus is her zodiac sign.
Amanda grew up in Lexington, Massachusetts, though he was born in New York. Her parents, however, divorced when she was one year old, and as a child, she rarely saw her father, Jack Palmer. She attended Lexington High School, where she was also involved in the drama department. Later, she joined the Wesleyan University where she was a member of the Eclectic Society.
Amanda began singing since her childhood and was also involved in the Legendary Pink Dots electronic mailing list, Cloud Zero. She then formed the Shadowbox Collective, devoted to street theatre. With an interest and passion in the performing arts, Palmer spent time busking as a living statue called "The Eight-Foot Bride" in several countries including, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, Australia.
Amanda Palmer's Career Highlights
- Amanda Palmer began her professional career forming a musical duo called "The Dresden Dolls" along with drummer Brian Viglione with whom she met at a Halloween party in 2000.
- Their eponymous debut album, "The Dresden Dolls" was released on September 26, 2003, by producer Martin Bisi.
- In 2006, "The Dresden Dolls Companion" was published, with words, music & artwork by herself. The duo then toured with the True Colors Tour 2007 where Palmer made her debut in New York City's Radio City Music Hall and got her first review in The New York Times.
- In July 2008, they released a second book, the "Virginia Companion" featuring the music and lyrics from the albums "Yes, Virginia..."(2006) and "No, Virginia..."(2008).
- In June 2008, Palmer established her solo career with two well-received performances with the Boston Pops.
- Her first solo studio album, Who Killed Amanda Palmer, was released on September 16, 2008.
- The Dresden Dolls reunited for a tour in the United States in 2010, also, she even collaborated with Jason Webley to release Evelyn Evelyn's debut EP Elephant Elephant in 2010.
- In September 2012, palmer's next album along with titled "Theatre Is Evil" was released.
- On November 9, 2012, Palmer launched the first music video from Theatre is Evil for "Do it With a Rockstar".
- On August 9, 2013, Palmer made her Lincoln Center debut.
- In November 2014, Palmer released her memoir, "The Art of Asking"(ISBN 1455581089), which made to the NY Times bestsellers list. She even expanded about the memoir on a Ted talk in February 2013.
- In 2015, she served as a judge for The 14th Annual Independent Music Awards and also began soliciting financial support on the crowdfunding platform "Patreon".
- In 2016, Palmer released a song "Machete", and a David Bowie tribute EP, entitled "Strung Out In Heaven: A Bowie String Quartet Tribute".
- On March 8, 2019, Palmer released her third solo album, "There Will Be No Intermission".
- Palmer also had collaborated with Legendary Pink Dots frontman Edward Ka-Spel to record an album, "I Can Spin a Rainbow" in 2017. She also collaborated with her father, Jack Palmer, to record an album, "You Got Me Singing" in 2016.
Who is Amanda Palmer Married to?
Amanda Palmer was married to her first husband, Neil Gaiman. Gaiman is an English author with whom she got engaged in 2010 and also hosted a flash mob wedding (not legally binding) for Gaiman's birthday in New Orleans. The couple got legally married in a private ceremony on January 2, 2011, held in the parlor of writers Ayelet Waldman and Michael Chabon.
Palmer and Gaiman welcomed their first son named Anthony on September 16, 2015. However, after over 9 years of their marriage, Palmer announced that she and Gaiman had separated on her personal Patreon on May 3, 2020.
Besides, Plamer once worked as a stripper under the name "Berlin" and even has had thee abortions. She has also identified herself as bisexual.
What is the Net Worth of Amanda Palmer?
Amanda Palmer must have quite good earnings from her professional career as a singer and musician. Working in this field for over 10 years, she must have managed to an amass a million worth fortune from her several albums, tours, and books.
However, her net worth isn't disclosed yet.
How Tall is Amanda Palmer?
Amanda Palmer is a stylish woman in her 30s. She has a well maintained slim body physique. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inch.(1.68 m).
She has a fair complexion with blue eyes and brown hair. Palmer usually appears with white makeup on her face and artificially drawn eyebrows.
Trivias About Amanda Palmer You Need To Know.
- Amanda Palmer once worked as a stripper under the name "Berlin".
- Palmer has had thee abortions.
- She is bisexual.