Last updated on August 22nd, 2023 at 04:49 am
Facts About Amy Klobuchar
|Celebrated Name||Amy Klobuchar|
|Age||63 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Amy Jean Klobuchar|
|Profession||Politician , Lawyer|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Plymouth, Minnesota|
|Net Worth||$1.8 million USD|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Body Measurement||36-26-37 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||6.5 US|
|Bra Cup Size||36 C|
Amy Klobuchar is an American politician and lawyer who currently is the senior United States Senator from Minnesota. She is also a member of the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party. At present, she is one of the toughest candidates for President of the United States in the 2020 election.
What is Amy Klobuchar famous for?
- Famous as Senior US Senator from Minnesota
- Famous as the first woman to be elected for US Senator from Minnesota.
When was Amy Klobuchar born?
Amy Klobuchar was born on 25 May 1960 in Plymouth, Minnesota, US. Her birth name is Amy Jean Klobuchar. American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is Slovene.
Gemini is her zodiac sign.
She was born to Rose Klobuchar(mother) and Jim Klobuchar(father). She has one younger sister, Beth Klobuchar. Her father was an author while her mother was a secondary teacher. Her parents got divorced when she was 15 years.
She was raised in her hometown, Minnesota with her mother. She did her schooling from Wayzata Hiigh School. She attended Yale University and graduated with a BA degree in political science in 1982.
Later in 1985, she got a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Chicago Law School in 1985.
After her graduation, she also worked as a corporate lawyer. She became the candidate for the post of Hennepin County Attorney in 1994.
How is Amy Klobuchar's career?
- Amy Klobuchar started her professional political career after being elected as Hennepin County Attorney in 1998 and she got reelected for the postin 2002. She stayed in the post until 2004.
- She also became the president of the Minnesota County Attorneys Association from 2002 to 2003.
- In 2006, she became the candidate for the post of US Senator from Minnesota and she won the election with 58% of the vote and she became the first woman to be elected in the post.
- She was re-elected in the post of US Senator from Minnesota with a 65.2% vote in 2012.
- She called for an independent commission to investigate ties between US president, Trump, and Russia on 12th February 2017.
- In the same year, she was listed in the top 10 senators with the highest approval ratings.
- In the year 2018, she again got reelected in the post after winning the election by just a 24 point margin over Jim Newberger.
- BuzzFeed News reported that her congressional office was controlled by fear, anger, and shame in February 2019.
- She also announced her candidacy in the 2020 Democratic Party US president on 10 Feb.
- 'The New York Times' and 'The New Yorker' named Klobuchar as one of the women most likely to become the first female President of the United States.
- At present, she is busy with her 2020 presidential campaign.
Awards and Achievements
Amy Klobuchar has received numerous awards and honors that can be summarized as:
- Named as "Attorney of the Year" in 2001.
- Named as "Best in Congress" and "Woman to Watch" in 2008.
- Received the "Sheldon Coleman Great Outdoors Award" in 2012.
- Received an award for her leadership against sexual assault by SWAN in 2013.
- Received a Friend of CACFP award for her service in the CACFP Association in 2013.
- Received a Friends of Farm Bureau Award(2014) and "American Bar Association's Congressional Justice Award"(2015).
- Received the "Arabella Babb Mansfield Award" from the National Association of Women Lawyers in 2017.
Who is Amy Klobuchar married to?
The US senator from Minnesota, Amy Klobuchar is married to John Bessler. John is a professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law. They tied a knot in 1993. The couple is blessed with one daughter, Abigail. Her family currently resides in Minnesota.
Amy is also a member of the United Church of Christ.
She is also active in social media with 141k followers on Twitter.
What is the net worth of Amy Klobuchar?
The US senator from Minnesota, Amy Klobuchar has an estimated net worth of $1.8 million USD in 2019.
Amy is one of the 30 poorest Senators in the U.S. as of 2019. Her biggest asset is her Vanguard investment account that is worth $250,000.
How tall is Amy Klobuchar?
The 59 years aged, Amy Klobuchar has a well-maintained body. She stands tall with a height of 5 feet 8 inches and has a body weight of 132 lbs.
She has a body measurement of 36-26-37 inches with her bra size of 36C, a shoe size of 6.5 US and dresses size of 4.5 US.
She has a fair complexion with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.