Anderson Cooper Bio, Net Worth, Show, Salary, Married, Husband, Partner, Dating, Gay, CNN, Age, Facts, Wiki, Education, Baby, Parents, Height, Hair
For many, the thought of becoming a millionaire by writing and talking about other people appears unachievable but this is the reality of the prominent American journalist Anderson Cooper who gathered millions of dollars for conducting accurate political analysis and other vial reports on TV. He is the main anchor of the CNN news show Anderson Cooper 360 degrees and correspondent for 60 minutes. The international news anchor started his career as a model but leaped to a great height in journalism for his prowess and expertise. Now, he has become one of the most known faces on CNN news. To know more about the anchor, keep reading below.
Who are the parents of Anderson Cooper?
Recalling his early life, Anderson Cooper born as Anderson Hays Cooper in New York City, New York, U.S. He was born as the younger son of writer Wyatt Emory Cooper and descended artist, fashion designer, writer, and heiress Gloria Vanderbilt. His nationality is American and ethnicity is White-Caucasian. He has three siblings. One of his brothers, Carter Cooper has committed suicide by jumping from the 14th-floor terrace of Vanderbilt’s New York City Penthouse apartment.
For his schooling, he went to a private co-educational university preparatory, Dalton School and after graduating he went on a ‘Survival trip’ in Africa for several months. Then he joined Yale University from where he graduated in political science in 1989. He suffered dyslexia as a child.
When did Anderson Cooper start his journalism Career?
- After graduation, Anderson Cooper started working as a fact seeker for small group agency Channel One. He entered Myanmar on his own with his forged press and met with students fighting the Burmese government. He lived in Vietnam for a year where he studied the Vietnamese language at the University of Hanoi.
- Soon he began filming and assembling reports of Vietnamese life and culture that aired on Channel One. He joined ABC News as a correspondent in 1995 and soon promoted as the co-anchor of its ‘World News Now’ program in 1999.
- In 2000, he started to host the reality show on ABC ‘The Mole’ where the contestants work together to add money to a pot that only one will win in the end but left it in the second season.
- Then he returned to broadcast news by joining CNN in 2001 where he anchored alongside Paula Zahn on ‘American Morning’ before becoming CNN’s Weekend prime-time anchor in 2002.
- In 2003, he started anchoring a news show ‘Anderson Cooper 360’. He covered numerous important stories including tsunami damage in Sri Lanka, Cedar Revolution in Beirut, the death of Pope Paul II and the royal wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles.
- Besides television personality, he is also a freelance writer who has authored a variety of articles that has appeared in many outlets. In May 2006, he published a memoir for Harper Collins detailing his life and work over the previous years. The booked was successful and topped the New York Times bestseller list. His success in his career has paid him well financially.
- In 2007, he also hosted the documentary ‘Planet in Peril’ with Sanjay Gupta and Jeff Corwin on CNN and also hosted the ‘CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute’, a show in which ordinary people who perform extraordinary deeds are honored.
- In his first foray into a daytime talk show, he hosted ‘Anderson Live’, a syndicated show that debuted in September 2011 as simply ‘Anderson’. The show is distributed in the U.S. and Canada by Warner Bros. Television. The show’s final episode was aired on May 2013.
- Andy Cohen and Cooper announced that they would be going on a national tour to perform their conversational stage show AC2 beginning in March 2015. The tour opened in Boston, followed by Miami Beach, Chicago, and Atlanta.
- The idea for the show came about after Cooper interviewed Cohen about his then-latest book, The Andy Cohen Diaries, at an event at the 92nd Street Y in New York City. Since then, the two-man show has continued to tour, reaching over 50 cities as of October 2018.
Is Anderson Cooper is Gay?
Anderson Cooper is proudly gay and one of the most renowned gay journalist on American TV after opening up about his personal life in 2012 in front of the world.
Talking about his relationship status, previously he was in a relationship with Cesar Recio. They started from the year of 2004 and after dating for several years they end up in 2009.
Then he started dating gay bar owner Benjamin Antoine Maisani. They started dating since February 2009. They have been dating for several years and now they are looking forward to marrying soon.
How much net worth does Anderson Cooper own?
Anderson Cooper has amassed a soaring wealth from CNN to become one of the richest media personalities in the world right now. As per various online sites, The celebrated news anchor receives $12 million every year from CNN which has pushed his net worth to a whopping $200 million as of 2019.
How tall is Anderson Cooper?
Observing his body statistics, Anderson stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and his weight is 68 kg. Similarly, His hair is gray and eyes are blue. Regarding his body measurements, Anderson’s chest, waist, and biceps measure 40, 32 and 14 inches respectively. Further, his shoe size is 10 US.
Did You Know?
- Suffered from dyslexia as a child.
- A head shot of him as an infant by photographer Diane Arbus hangs in his mother Gloria Vanderbilt's Manhattan apartment.
- He has a pet Welsh Springer Spaniel named Molly.
- Named as one of the Sexiest Men Alive in 2005 by People magazine.
- He started getting gray hair at the age of 20 and was completely gray by the age of 35.
- ABC News correspondent from 1995 to 2000.