Andrew Cuomo - Bio, Net Worth, Cuomo, Fredo Cuomo, Governor, CNN, News, Mass Shooting, Video, Wife, Kids, Father, Brother, Family, Age, Nationality
An American politician, author, and lawyer, Andrew Cuomo is a well-known face in among the politicians as he has been serving as the 56th governor of New York since 2011. Andrew was elected for the same position that was held by his late father Mario Cuomo three terms before.
- Gov.Andrew Cuomo announced that he is about to propose a bill that "redefines domestic terrorism" on Wednesday, 13th August 2019.
- Last week, Cuomo proposed a four-point plan to tackle gun violence in the US.
What is Andrew Cuomo Famous for?
- Cuomo is famous as the 56th governor of New York and for his support for same-sex marriage.
How was Andrew Cuomo Childhood: Birth Date, Parents?
Andrew Cuomo was born on December 6, 1957, in Queens borough in New York City, US. His birth name is Andrew Mark Cuomo. His nationality is American with White Caucasian as his ethnicity. Sagittarius is his birth sign.
He was born in an Italian descent family to Mario Matthew Cuomo(father) and Raffa Matilda Cuomo(mother).
His father Mario was also an American politician who served as the 52nd Governor of New York. While his mother Matilda is an American advocate for women and children and a former First Lady of New York.
This was the reason for Andrew to develop an interest in politics as a teenager.
Andrew Cuomo attended "St. Gerard Majella's School" in 1971. Then he did his high schooling in "Archbishop Molloy High School" in 1975. He then graduated from "Fordham University" with a BA Degree in 1979.
Further, he received a JD from "Albany Law School of Union University" in New York in 1982.
He has four siblings: Margaret Cuomo, Maria Cuomo Cole, Madeline Cuomo and Chris Cuomo(a journalist on CNN).
Andrew Cuomo: Career?
- -Andrew Cuomo kicked off his career in the political field back in 1982 as the campaign manager for his late father Mario, governor of New York.
- He then worked as the senior adviser in his father's office for two years earning only $1 p.a.
*Struggling Career and Success
- In 1982, Cuomo moved to New York and started to work as an assistant district attorney.
- He started "Housing Enterprises for the Less Privileged(HELP)" for the homeless in New York in 1986.
- He also had a partnership business with a law firm, "Blutriche, Falcone and Miller", which he left in 1988 to focus on HELP.
- He became the chairman of the "New York City Homeless Commission" in 1990 till 1993.
- Certainly, after then, he was appointed as the assistant secretary for "Community Planning and Development" in 1993.
- He worked with Al Gore(former vice-president) to formulate policies permanent homes to the poor and the homeless.
- In 1997, he was announced to be the new secretary of the "US Department of Housing and Urban Development"(HUD) by President Bill Clinton and he remained till 2001.
- During his time, he worked toward the control of gun use by negotiating with "Smith & Wesson", the largest handgun manufacturer.
- In 2002, he ran for governor as a Democratic candidate, however, from being the favorite nominee he went to downhill and himself removed his name from consideration.
*Governor of New York
- In 2006, Cuomo was elected as the "Attorney General of New York" and he was called the "New York's Comeback Kid".
- In 2010, he won the election as "Governor of New York" and has been reelected twice for another term as well.
- During his first term, Cuomo oversaw the passage of same-sex marriage law, gun control legislation, and a property tax cap, and also signed medical marijuana legislation.
- In his second term, he successfully pushed for an increase in New York's minimum wage.
- He got into a controversy in 2014 after he closed a commission that he had created against corruption.
- He signed 'Women's Equality Bills' in 2015 and in 2016 it was stated that his business tax incentive program "START-UP NY" had generated more than 400 jobs since 2014.
- He also supported for the courses offered to the New York's prisoners as his administration awarded grants worth more than $7million.
- It was also announced that he would restore the voting rights of parolees through an executive order.
- He also proposed a four-point plan to tackle gun violence in the US in 2019.
- On 13th August 2019, he announced that he is about to propose a bill that "redefines domestic terrorism".
Who is Andrew Cuomo Engaged to?
Andrew Cuomo is married to Sandra Lee(host of "Food Network"). The couple started dating since 2005 and began living in 2011.
Cuomo was married to Kerry Kennedy before in 1990. The couple had three daughters together: Twins Cara and Mariah, and Michaela Andrea. However, their relation couldn't last long and they separated in 2003 and got divorced in 2005.
Andrew is currently residing in Westchester County, New York with his wife Sandra Lee and his daughters.
On July 4, 2015, Cuomo presided over the wedding ceremony of his long-time friend Billy Joel to his fourth wife, Alexis Roderick.
How much does Andrew Cuomo earn?
Andrew Cuomo has an estimated net worth of around $5 million US dollars. He has a handsome earning through his servicing as the governor of New York.
Andrew Cuomo also released his autobiography, "All Things Possible: Setbacks and Success in Politics and Life" in 2014.
How tall is Andrew Cuomo?
Andrew Cuomo has a well-maintained body figure. He stands tall with a height of 5ft.11inch.(1.8m).
He has a fair complexion with brown eyes and black hair.
Trivias About Andrew Cuomo You Need To Know.
- 1. Andrew's father Mario was also the governor of New York.
- 2. His younger brother Chris Cuomo is a CNN journalist.
- 3. He took a salary of $1 per year initially.