Anya Taylor-Joy - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Boyfriend, Age, Personal Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, Family, Parents, Height, Career, Awards, Facts, Wiki
Anya Taylor-Joy is an American-born Argentine-British actress who is well known for her lead role as Casey Cooke in the American psychological horror film "Split" and its sequel "Glass". Taylor is also recognized for her starring role of Thomasin in the 2015 horror film "The Witch". She has appeared as a lead actress in the GTA's 2015 music video "Red Lips". She also won the 2017 Cannes Film Festival's Trophée Chopard. She played the role of Emma Woodhouse in the comedy-drama "Emma" in 2020.
She is active in the social media platform with around 1 million followers on her verified Instagram accounts: @anyataylorjoy and has around 69k followers on her Twitter account: @anyataylorjoy
Besides on October 13, 2020, it was announced that Anya Taylor-Joy will be playing the starring role of Furiosa in the upcoming thriller film "Mad Max: The Wasteland". The film will be the sequel of the 2015 Australian thriller film "Mad Max: Fury Road". The movie will be directed by George Miller who directed the movie "Mad Max: Fury Road". The Australian actor, Chris Hemsworth who is known for his role as Thor in the Marvel movies will be seen in the movie opposite Taylor. The American actor, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will also have a key role in the movie.
What is Anya Taylor-Joy famous for?
- Famous as an American born Argentine-British actress
- Known for her role as Casey Cooke in the American film "Split" and it's sequel "Glass"
Where is Anya Taylor-Joy from?
Anya Taylor-Joy was born on April 16, 1996, in Miami, Florida, United States. Her birth name is Anya Josephine Marie Taylor-Joy. American-Argentine-British is her nationality. Her ethnicity is mixed. She is of English-Spanish-Argentine descent. Aries is her zodiac sign.
She was born as the youngest child to a Scottish Argentine father and English-Spanish mother. Her father is a former international banker while her mother worked as a photographer and an interior designer. She has five elder siblings.
After her birth, her family moved to Buenos Aires and when she was six years old, her family moved to London where she did her schooling at Hill House International Junior School. Later, she attended Queen's Gate School in London.
Taylor also took dancing classes where she learned ballet dancing. She also knows to play the electric guitar and ukulele. She began doing modeling at the age of 16 after she got scouted outside Harrods Department Store by an agent of Storm Model Management.
Anya Taylor-Joy Career: Movies and TV Shows
- Anya Taylor-Joy made her first TV appearance in 2014 by appearing in an episode of the detective drama series "Endeavour".
- Besides, she had her first acting role in the 2014 horror comedy film "Vampire Academy", but her appeared scene was deleted from the movie before its release.
- She rose to fame after she starred as Thomasin in the period horror film "The Witch" in 2015.
- The film got premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.
- Her role was appreciated a lot and earned her many awards and nominations.
- Then, she appeared in the starring role of Morgan in the science fiction horror film "Morgan" which was released in 2016.
- In 2015, she portrayed the role of Cassandra in the British fantasy series "Atlantis" for 5 episodes.
- She also starred in Vikram Gandhi's "Barry" in 2016. The film mainly focused on young Barack Obama and his life at Columbia University.
- Taylor got more recognition for portraying the lead role of Casey Cooke in the 2017 horror-thriller film "Split".
- In the same year, she appeared as Allie in the horror mystery film "Marrowbone".
- She has also made her guest appearances in the TV series like "The Miniaturist" and "Peaky Blinders".
- In 2019, she reprised her role of Casey Cooke in the thriller film, Split's sequel "Glass".
- She also gave her voice for the role of Brea in the American Netflix fantasy web television series "The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" for 10 episodes in 2019.
- She appeared in the starring role of Emma Woodhouse in the comedy drama-film "Emma" in 2020.
- She has also portrayed the role of Magik in the 2020 American horror film "The New Mutants".
- Besides, Taylor will be seen in many upcoming movies like "Last Night in Soho", "Here Are the Young Man", "The Sea Change" and "The Northman".
- At present, she is busy with her role in the upcoming movies and series.
- She will also be seen playing the role of Beth Harmon in the miniseries "The Queen's Gambit" which is set to be premiered on October 23.
- Recently on October 13, 2020, it was announced that Taylor will be starring in the 2015 Mad Max: Fury Road's sequel "Mad Max: The Wasteland" alongside Australian Marvel Actor, Chris Hemsworth, and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.
Anya Taylor-Joy Awards and Nomination
For "The Witch"
- Gotham Independent Film Awards for Breakthrough actor
- Fright Meter Awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role
- New Mexico Film Critics Award for Best Young Actress
- Empire Awards for Best Female Newcomer
- Fangoria Chainsaw Awards for Best Actress
- Seattle Film Critics Society Award for Best Youth Performance
- Nominated for IGN Summer Movie Awards for Best Movie Actress
- Nominated for Saturn Awards for Best Performance by a Younger Actor
- Nominated for Austin Film Critics Society for Breakthrough Artist Award
- Cannes Film Festival for Trophee Chopard Award
- Nominated for British Academy Film Awards for BAFTA Rising Star Award
- Nominated for Gold Derby Awards for Best Breakthrough Performer
- Nominated for London Film Critics' Circle Award for Young British Performer of the year
- Nominated for BloodGuts UK Horror Awards for Best Supporting Actress
Anya Taylor-Joy Boyfriend
Anya Taylor-Joy is not a married woman. However, she is in a relationship with Ben "Pip" Seed. Ben is a British photographer. The couple publicly started dating each other in March 2020. The couple was first seen together in Cuba walking in the street. At present, Taylor is living a happy life in London, England. Furthermore, she has learned ballot dancing.
Anya Taylor-Joy Net Worth
Anya Taylor-Joy has earned a good amount of money from her profession as an actress. Having started her acting career in 2014, she has achieved great success and has managed to win the hearts of many fans. With all of her earnings, Taylor has an estimated net worth of $1 million. She also earns additional income from her endorsement deals.
Anya Taylor-Joy Height
Anya Taylor-Joy is a beautiful woman in her mid-20s. She has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of blue eyes. She has a well maintained slim body with a height of 5ft 6 inches(1.69m) and has a bodyweight of 56kg. Her body measurement is 33-23-33 inches. Her bra cup size is 33C. Her shoe size is 6.5(US) and her dress size is 4(US).
Trivias About Anya Taylor-Joy You Need To Know.
- Anna Taylor-Joy appeared in the 2019 music video titled "Dinner $ Diatribes"
- She also declined a simultaneous offer of a part in a Disney Channel series in order to complete the movie "The witch"
- She spoke only Spanish before moving to London
- She is a big fan of British actor, Eddie Redmayne and considers him as her Hollywood crush.
- Anya took ballet classes until the age of 15. It was then, she decided to drop it as she didn’t want to give up on acting.
- Her first professional audition was for the role of young Maleficent in the Disney movie.
- She almost missed out on becoming a model, when she mistook Storm Modeling agency founder, Sarah Doukas as a stalker and tried to run away on the streets of London.
- Taylor-Joy can play the ukulele and likes to write songs in her free time. She has also learned to play electric guitar.
- She only spoke Spanish until the age of 6 as her family had shifted to Argentina when she was an infant.