Black Coffee (DJ) - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Real Name, Award, Album
Nkosinathi Innocent Sizwe Maphumulo is a South African DJ, record producer, and songwriter who is professionally known as Black Coffee (DJ). He established his own record label Soulistic Music and released his debut self-titled album "Black Coffee" (2005), which incorporated elements of R&B and jazz. His 2012 album, "Africa Rising", went platinum and earned him several awards. In 2005, he also founded the company Soulistic Music and released his self-titled debut album, which won a SAMA award for Best Urban Dance Album. Before becoming a successful DJ, he attended Technikon Natal in South Africa, where he studied jazz. In 2003, Black was selected as one of two South African participants in the Red Bull Music Academy. He then got his first big break when the DJs at Work album featured his song "Happiness." Also, Africa Rising presented him with the Best Dance Album Award at the South African Music Awards in 2013. Additionally, he produced a remake of the single "Too Late for Mama" by Mpho Sebina released on the extended play titled "Music Forever" in October 2021.
What is Black Coffee (DJ) Famous For?
- Being a South African DJ, record producer, and songwriter.
- For releasing debut self-titled album "Black Coffee" (2005).
What Nationality is Black Coffee (DJ)?
Black Coffee (DJ) opened his eyes for the very first time on 11th March 1976 in Umlazi, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa. He was born with the real name of Nkosinathi Innocent Sizwe Maphumulo in a Christian religious family. Black holds South African nationality and South African-black ethnicity. He has celebrated his 46th birthday recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Pisces. Thus, his race is black. His mother's name is Faith Dandala whereas his father's name has not been revealed yet.
Talking about Black's education, he majored in Jazz Studies at Technikon Natal, now known as the Durban University of Technology.
Black Coffee (DJ) Career Timeline
- Black Coffee (DJ) began his career working as a backup singer for Madala Kunene after which he was chosen as one of two South African participants in the Red Bull Music Academy in 2003.
- His first big break was when his song 'Happiness' was featured on the 'DJs at Work' album.
- He then launched his career with a remix of Hugh Masekela's 1972 hit Stimela in 2005 as well as released his self-titled debut album, and created his record company Soulistic Music.
- He released his second studio album titled "Have Another One" in 2007 and released his third album, "Home Brewed" in 2009.
- Also, he tried to make it to the Guinness Book of World Records when he performed for 60 hours non-stop at Maponya Mall, Soweto in 2010. "Africa Rising" was launched at Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban in 2011.
- He started his first world tour in January 2015 at Circoloco, Mexico and it ended in August 2015 at Circoloco at DC-10 as well as he released his fifth album, "Pieces of Me" in the following year.
- He was ranked 91st on Resident Advisor's top 100 DJs list and contributed to the beat of the song "Get It Together" on Drake's album "More Life", which was released in March 2017.
- He released a single where he collaborated with David Guetta that was titled "Drive" featuring Delilah Montagu in 2018. He released a seven-track EP titled "Music Is King".
- As well, he released "LaLaLa" with American R&B singer Usher in September 2019 and launched his seventh studio album, "Subconsciously" on 5th February 2021.
- Later he produced a remake of the single "Too Late for Mama" by Mpho Sebina released on the extended play titled "Music Forever" in 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- SAMA Award
- DJ Award
- BET Award
- Dance Music Awards South Africa
- Grammy Awards
To whom Black Coffee (DJ) was Married?
Black Coffee (DJ) is a married man. He previously married actress and television presenter Enhle Mbali Mlotshwa in 2011. They have two children together and he has two more from a previous relationship. In July 2019, they separated and divorce proceedings began later that year. So as of now, we can assume that Black is currently living a single life. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Who is Black Coffee (DJ) ex-wife, Enhle Mbali?
What is the Net Worth of Black Coffee (DJ)?
Black Coffee (DJ) is a talented man who has a net worth of $60 million as of 2022 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. Coffee has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. He couldn't have been more thankful to God for what he's blessed with. Basically, he has the affordability to have just about anything. In addition, his major source of income is from his DJ, record producer, and songwriter career.
How tall is Black Coffee (DJ)?
Black Coffee (DJ) is 5 feet and 10 inches tall and his body weighs around 70 kg. He has black eyes and a bald head. Moreover, Coffee has an average body build with 42-34-37 inches of body measurement.
Trivias About Black Coffee (DJ) You Need To Know.
- Before becoming a successful DJ, he attended Technikon Natal in South Africa, where he studied jazz.
- He then got his first big break when the DJs at Work album featured his song "Happiness."
- Africa Rising presented him with the Best Dance Album Award at the South African Music Awards in 2013.
- His 2012 album, Africa Rising, went platinum and earned him several awards.
- His star sign is Pisces.