Bob Saget - Bio, Death, Age, Facts, Net Worth, Wife, Kids, Religion, Ethnicity, Height, Family, Nationality, Siblings, Movies, Parents, Wiki, Trivia
Bob Saget was an American stand-up comedian, actor, as well as a television host who was famous for his role as Danny Tanner on the ABC sitcom Full House (1987–1995) and its Netflix sequel Fuller House (2016–2020), and the voice of narrator Ted Mosby on the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother (2005–2014). He was also known for his adult-oriented stand-up routine. His comedy album ‘That's What I'm Talkin' About’, was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Comedy Album. He had also hosted the comedy show, America’s Funniest Home Videos. As an actor, he got his first break as a cast member of the CBS show, The Morning Program. He made his first feature film debut in the comedy-horror movie, "Full Moon High" in 1981. As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut by doing a voiceover role in the sci-fi sex comedy movie, "Spaced Out", in 1979. He made his first TV show debut in The Show Must Go On an episode of the comedy series, "Bosom Buddies" in 1981. He did stand-up comedy for the first time at the age of 17. Later, he went on to make a short comedy film titled Beach Blanket Blintzes. Sadly, he dies at 65 on 9th January 2022.
How did comedian and 'Full House' star, Bob Saget die?
Bob Saget, the actor, and comedian most famous for his role in the much-loved 80s sitcom Full House, has died at the age of 65. The Orange County sheriff's office confirmed Saget's death on Twitter on Monday, saying he had been found unresponsive in his hotel room at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, Florida on Sunday. The sheriff's office confirmed that no cause of death had been determined, saying in a statement there were no signs of foul play or drug use. Comedians and actors rushed to pay tribute on Monday. The cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner, the Sheriff's office added. Jon Stewart remembered him as "just the nicest and funniest", while podcaster Marc Maron tweeted: "Truly one of the nicest guys and so funny. Very sad." Comedian Drew Carey wrote: "Well this one hurts. I loved Bob Saget. He gave me so much encouragement when I first started out. He was a real friend to me too. Not just a mentor. I always looked up to him. He was SO damn funny and so kind." Comedian Kathy Griffin wrote: "You couldn't find a nicer or sharper wit than Bob Saget. Shocked and devastated." Whoopi Goldberg paid tribute to Saget's "huge heart and abject lunacy" and Jason Alexander said "he was kind and dear and cared about people deeply ... the definition of ‘a good egg'". Actor Kat Dennings, who played his daughter on the show, called him "the loveliest man". "I just can't believe it. What a wonderful guy. He always went out of his way to make me comfortable and talked nonstop about his kids. Such a loss," Dennings wrote on Twitter. He is survived by his wife and three children.
What was Bob Saget Known For?
- Being a stand-up comedian, actor, and television host.
- For the role in ‘Full House’ as Danny Tanner.
- For appearing in popular TV shows such as Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Robot Chicken, and Entourage.
Who were the Parents of Bob Saget?
Bob Saget took birth under the zodiac sign of Taurus on 17th May 1956. His birth name was Robert Lane Saget and he was from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the USA. He was born to his father, Benjamin Saget, and his mother, Rosalyn Saget. He grew up and spent his childhood with his two sisters namely Gay Saget and Andrea Saget. He belonged to American nationality and he was of American-White ethnicity. He followed the Jewish religion. He lastly celebrated his 65th birthday in 2021.
About his education, Bob went to Abington Senior High School. Later, he studied at Temple University's film school. There, he created ‘Through Adam's Eyes’ which is a black-and-white film about a boy who received reconstructive facial surgery and was honored with an award of merit in the Student Academy Awards. He then graduated in 1978 with a B.A. degree. Later, he decided to undertake graduate courses at the University of Southern California. However, he decided to quit just a few days later.
Bob Saget Career Timeline
- In 1987, Bob Saget was cast in ‘Full House’.
- From 1989 to 1997, he began as the host of ‘America's Funniest Home Videos.
- He directed the 1996 ABC television movie ‘For Hope’.
- In 1998, he directed his first feature film named ‘Dirty Work’.
- In 2009, he returned to ‘AFV’ for the 20th-anniversary one-hour special co-hosted with Tom Bergeron.
- In 1998, he made a cameo appearance as a cocaine addict in the stoner comedy ‘Half Baked’.
- From 2006 to 2008, he was the host of NBC's game show ‘1 vs. 100’.
- He served as the voice of the future Ted Mosby, who narrated the CBS sitcom ‘How I Met Your Mother’.
- On 28 August 2007, his HBO comedy special, ‘That Ain't Right’, came out on DVD.
- From 2005 to 2010, he had a recurring role in four episodes of the HBO TV series ‘Entourage’.
- In January 2007, he wrote, directed, and starred in ‘Farce of the Penguins’, a parody of 2005's ‘March of the Penguins’ was released.
- He appeared in the Broadway musical ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ for a limited four-month engagement.
- On 4 January 2008, his caricature was unveiled at ‘Sardi's Restaurant’.
- In April 2009, he debuted in a new sitcom on ABC called ‘Surviving Suburbia’.
- In 2010, he starred in an A&E series ‘Strange Days’.
- In 2014, his book ‘Dirty Daddy’ was released, in which he writes about his career, comedy influences, and experiences with life and death.
- In 2015 and 2016, he guest-starred in two episodes of ‘Grandfathered’.
- From 2016 to 2020, he reprised his role as Danny Tanner in the Netflix follow-up series to ‘Full House’, ‘Fuller House’.
- In 2019, Saget was announced as host of ABC's Videos After Dark. Saget also hosted the game show Nashville Squares on CMT.
- Saget launched a podcast titled Bob Saget's Here For You with Studio71 in 2020.
- Further, he also competed in season four of The Masked Singer as "Squiggly Monster".
Who was Bob Saget married to?
Bob Saget was a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife, Kelly Rizzo on 28th October 2018. By profession, Kelly Rizzo is a model, blogger, and TV host. Their wedding was held at Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica, California. He first met Kelly Rizzo in 2015 through a mutual friend. They were attracted to each other right from the start and started going out soon after. They got engaged in November 2017 as she made it official through a post on Instagram. Later, they got married in October 2018 in a lavish wedding ceremony at Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica, California. They were together until Bob's death on 9th January 2022. His sexual orientation was straight.
Previously, in Katie Couric's interview with Howard Stern on his SiriusXM radio show, Katie revealed that she had once gone on a date with Bob Saget. She also revealed that Saget never called her back after the date. After that, Bob started going out with screenwriter, Sherri Kramer when he was 17 years old. They got married in a low-key ceremony in the year 1982. They officially divorced in 1997. Then, he was linked with former Playboy model Hope Dworaczyk in April 2011 after she was spotted leaving U.S. Weekly Annual Hot Hollywood Style Issue Event in his car. Their last public appearance as a couple was at The Book of Mormon Opening night held at Pantages Theatre in Hollywood.
Bob Saget Lovestory With Kelly Rizzo
Bob Saget proposed Kelly Rizzo while watching the Netflix series "Strange Things". "Okay, so we went and did it. And damn are we happy", Saget, 62, captioned a photo of the newlyweds on Instagram. "I got up to go to the restroom, and I opened the safe and I took out a ring that I had been hiding for four days and I got on one knee". "And she said 'What are you doing?!' She got very emotional, and so did I. I tried to put it in words that make sense. I adore her. She's fantastic and I’m a very lucky man". Saget didn't think he'd find love again after his divorce from Sherri Kramer, whom he was married to for 15 years. Kelly is also the stepmother of Bob’s three daughters, Aubrey Saget, Lara Melanie Saget, and Jennifer Belle Saget.
How much was Bob Saget Net Worth?
Bob Saget was a stand-up comedian, actor, and television host whose net worth was estimated to have $100 Million as of 2022 at the time of his death appearing in a number of films and television shows. He was one of the most popular actors in the world. His main source of wealth was from the entertainment industry. As per the source, his annual salary was estimated to have between in the range of $3 Million-$4 Million. Before his demise, he was living a lavish lifestyle from his career earnings. Further, he had appeared in a TV commercial for Atomic Goodrich Tires.
Bob Saget Height and Weight: How tall was he?
Bob Saget was a handsome man who stood at the perfect height of 1.93 m and his balanced bodyweight consist of 87 kg. His eye color was brown and her hair color was also brown. He had a towering height and he also wore glasses. His body type was average. His other body measurement is still to get disclosed yet.
Trivias About Bob Saget You Need To Know.
- He is currently a board member of the Scleroderma Research Foundation.