Bobby Brown - Bio, Net Worth, New Edition, Songs, Albums, Tours, Story, Makeup, Movies, Accident, Hit by Car, Death, Wife, Children, Age, Facts, Wiki
Bobby Brown is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, dancer, and actor. Brown is the personality who popularized new jack swing, a blend of soul and hip-hop sounds with raps and melodious verses. Brown began his career in the R&B and pop group, "New Edition". Brown is also known for his troublesome marriage with his late ex-wife Whitney Houston.
Bobby Brown Got Hit By a Speedy Car: Fake News?
Bobby Brown denied the claims made by his own sister, Leolah Brown in the social media claiming that Bobby injured his both legs and got hospitalized after getting hit by a speeding car.
In response, Brown's lawyer released a statement saying the alleged accident ever happened claiming the reports to be fake.
What is Bobby Brown Famous for?
- Bobby Brown is famous for his hit-release, "Don't Be Cruel" and as the ex-husband of late Whitney Houston.
When was Bobby Brown Born?
Bobby Brown was born on February 5, 1969, in Boston, Massachusetts, US. His birth name is Bobby Brown. His nationality is American. Brown belongs to black ethnicity while Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
Brown was born to Herbert James Brown(father) and Carole Elizabeth(mother). His father is a construction worker while his mother is a substitute teacher. Both of his parents died when he was just five. His father died fighting against cancer in 2012.
Brown is one of the eight children of his parents. He was raised in Roxbury's Orchard Park Projects along with his seven other siblings.
Bobby Brown had a spark and dream of becoming a singer at the age of three after he saw the performance of his childhood idols, James Brown in Boston. Brown then joined the church choir, where he recognized and developed his singing abilities.
Belonging to a poor family, Brown had to get involved in criminal activities like stealing and robbery and he was also involved with gangsters. During his school days, he had a bitter memory of his friend stabbed to death, when Brown was just 11.
How has been Bobby Brown's Career?
* Brown's Group "New Edition"
- Bobby Brown along with his four friends, Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, Ralph Tresvant, and Ronnie DeVoe, formed a group named, "New Edition" when Brown was just 12.
- The group won several talent shows, and after which they got recognized by producer Maurice Starr, who gave them a recording contract with "Streetwise" in 1983.
- "New Edition" released its debut album, "Candy Girl" in 1983 which made them an overnight sensation.
- The group switched to MCA Records and released their self-titled album, "All For Love" with hit singles, "Cool It Now" and "Mr. Telephone Man" in 1984.
- Due to some financial reason for getting treated like a slave, Brown left the group in 1986 to pursue his solo career.
- Later in 1990, Brown made his first reunited appearance with "New Edition" at the 1990 MTV Video Music Awards.
* Brown's Solo Career
- Brown started his solo career through the release of his first solo album, "King of Stage" in December 1986.
- After he collaborated with the acclaimed R&B stars, Teddy Riley, L.A. Reid, and Babyface, he released his new album, "Don't Be Cruel" in 1988.
- The song turned out to be the hit song and the bestselling album of the year.
- In 1990, Brown recorded his smash-hit theme song, "On Our Own" for the movie, "Ghostbusters II".
- Brown released his third album, "Bobby" with the singles, "Humpin' Around" and "Good Enough" in 1992.
- His other solo albums include "Forever"(1997), "Masterpiece"(2012) and a reunion album with "New Edition" titled "Home Again" in 1996.
- Brown also starred in films, "A Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and "Two Can Play That Game".
- Brown signed a deal with Bravo to overlook the direction of the reality series, "Being Bobby Brown" in 2005.
Awards Received By Bobby Brown
Bobby Brown was awarded several honors and awards mainly for his hit album, "Don't Be Cruel" including "The American Music Awards", "A Soul Train Music Award", "People's Choice Award".
Who is Bobby Brown Married: Wife/ Girlfriend/Children?
The singer, Bobby Brown was married to the pop star queen, Whitney Houston. As Bobby started to glow in his career he came in contact with many high celebrities including Whitney Houston.
The couple first met at the Soul Train Music Awards in 1989. Their bond was created right at the moment and it just paved the way up to love when Houston invited Brown in her 26th birthday party.
On July 18, 1992, the couple tied a knot with each other in a grand celebrity wedding in New Jersey. However, even though their wedding was a first-class, it turned out to be more like troublesome relations.
The couple got involved in domestic violence, infidelity, and drug abuse like cocaine. Houston even cleared it out of her getting introduced to cocaine was Bobby Brown, which Bobby denies.
The couple, however, welcomed a daughter named Bobbi Kristina Brown on March 4, 1993. However, Bobbi Kristina Brown, Brown's only child with Whitney Houston, was found unresponsive in a bathtub in her home on January 31, 2015.
She was even placed in an induced coma and after six months, she was reported dead on July 26, 2015, at the age of 22.
Sharing the marriage for 15 years, they ended up their marriage in 2006. After the bitter marriage with Houston, Bobby started to date, Alicia Etheredge.
Brown got married to Alicia in June 2012. The couple is blessed with three children: a son Cassius Brown, and two daughters, Bodhi Jameson Rein Brown and Hendrix Estelle Sheba Brown.
Currently, Bobby is living a happy life with his wife and children.
Bobby is the father of not only four children but of seven. He has a son, Landon Brown from his relationship with Melika Williams, a daughter, La’Princia Brown and a son, Robert Barisford Brown, Jr., from Kim Ward.
Drug Abuse and Disease
Bobby Brown was diagnosed with ADD when he was a child. Later, at the age of 32, Brown was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Brown was addicted to Marijuana and even had developed alcoholism at an early age.
Brown also began using cocaine prior to his marriage to Houston.
Brown got arrested for a misdemeanor battery for shouting epithets at his late wife, Houston in 2003. He was arrested and jailed in Georgia in 2004 on drunk driving conviction. He was once sent to prison for 90 days for failing to pay child support but was pardoned with 6 days in prison after making the payments of around $15,000.
Brown also was arrested for DUIs and he underwent treatment in rehab for alcohol abuse in 2013.
How Much does Bobby Brown Earn?
The 40-aged, Brown has an estimated net worth of $2 million. Keeping his hard works into consideration, Brown has managed to amass a million-dollar bill through his albums. In fact, he earned around $2.1 million in 1992 and $7.9 million alone from his record sales and royalty revenue.
Besides, Brown makes his money through several endorsements deals. He is paid $694-$1,190 per post that he uploads on social media sites.
On June 25, 2019, "The New York Times" Magazine listed Bobby Brown among the hundreds of artists hose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal Fire.
How Tall is Bobby Brown?
The singer, Bobby Brown has an average body build. Brown stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inch.(1.78m). His body weighs around 90kg(198 lbs). Brown has a dark complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.