Brenda Fricker - Bio, Net Worth, Life Story, Personal Life, Married, Husband, Family, Nationality, Age, Parents, Height, Wiki, Oscar, Facts, Children
Brenda Fricker is an Irish retired actress who is well known for her performance in the biopic, "My Left Foot"(1989) for which she even won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. In her decade long career that spanned for 60 years on stage and screen appearing in more than 30 films and television roles, Fricker has undoubtedly managed to establish herself as one of the prominent actresses of all time.
Her other work includes; "The Field"(1990), "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York"(1992), "Veronica Guerin"(2003), "Inside I'm Dancing"(2004), and "Albert Nobbs"(2011). She is also a theatre actress who has appeared in productions of famous plays like "Cat On a Hot Tin Roof".
For her excellence in her field for decades, she was honored with the inaugural Maureen O'Hara Award at the Kerry Film Festival in 2008. She was recently listed at number 26 on The Irish Times list of Ireland's greatest film actors in 2020.
What is Brenda Fricker Famous for?
- Famous as an Academy Award-winning Irish actress.
- Known for her performance in the biopic, "My Left Foot"(1989).
Where was Brenda Fricker Born?
Brenda Fricker was born on February 17, 1945, in Dublin, Ireland. Her birth name is Brenda Fricker. Her nationality is Irish. Fricker belongs to the White ethnicity while Aquaris is her zodiac sign.
Brenda Fricker was born as the daughter of her well-to-do family; Desmond Frederick Fricker(father) ad Bina(mother). Her father, Desmond served as a broadcaster with RTE and a journalist for The Irish Times back then while her mother, Bina was a teacher at Stratford College.
Brenda grew up in her hometown along with her sister, Grainne Fricker during which she developed an interest to become an actress. However, after her high school graduation, she worked as an assistant to the art editor of the Irish Times initially aspiring to become a reporter.
By the fate of chance, she stepped a step ahead in the world of the film industry with her small uncredited part in the 1964 film Of "Human Bondage" at ae of 19. She also got a chance to appear in Ireland's first soap opera, "Tolka Row".
Brenda Fricker's Career Highlights
- Brenda Fricker started her career as an actress with one of her first TV roles as staff nurse Maloney in "Coronation Street" in 1977.
- She then went on to become popular when she was cast as Megan Roach in the BBC One television drama series, "Casualty".
- In 1989, she got her big break when she was cast as Christy Brown's mother in the hit biopic, "My Left Foot". Her role actually earned her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress gaining her international acclaim.
- A year later, in 1990, she rejoined Jim Sheridan(director of My Left Foot) in his other drama film, "The Field".
- She then starred in the Australian-produced short series, "Brides of Christ"(1991) and also co-starred in the TV miniseries, "Seekers"(1992).
- Following her worldwide popularity, she went on to appear in a high-profile Hollywood film, "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York" as the Central Park Pigeon Lady in 1992.
- In 1993, she portrayed May Mackenzie in the romantic comedy film, "So I Married an Axe Murderer".
- She then portrayed Maggie in the 1994 family comedy, "Angels in the Outfield".
- Her last Hollywood film role was as Ethel Twitty in "A Time to Kill" in 1996.
- She then played Bernie Guerin, mother of Veronica Guerin in the film, "Veronica Guerin" in 2003.
- She also starred as nurse Eileen in the film, "Inside I'm Dancing"(2004).
- In 2007, she co-starred in Richard Attenborough's post-World War II drama, "Closing the Ring".
- In 2011, she played a supporting role in the drama film, "Albert Nobbs". The same year, she became half of the first pair of Oscar-winning actors to play a same-sex couple in "Cloudburst".
- Her last appearance in movies was as Brenda in "A Long Way from Home" and as Mrs. Smith in "Forgive Me" both in 2013.
Brenda Fricker's Husband
Brenda Fricker has been married just once through her lifetime. Her first and the only marriage was with Barry Davies. Davies is a director with whom she got married in 1979 but they ended up their relationship in 1988 after almost 9 years of their marriage.
Fricker currently lives in The Liberties, Dublin. Even in the Christmas of 2020, she spent her time alone stating that "Christmas can be a dark time". Besides, she loves to be with her pet dogs, drinking Guinness, reading poetry, and playing snooker.
Brenda Fricker's Net Worth
Brenda Fricker has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started initially as a theatre actress back in 1964, Fricker has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses in her decade-long career.
With her appearance on several movies and TV shows, Fricker has undoubtedly managed to amass a wealthy fortune. Her source of income is surely her appearances in movies and series. Including which her net worth is estimated to be around $11 million.
Brenda Fricker's Height
Brenda Fricker is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained average body physique in her 70s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inches.(1.72m) while her body weighs around 80kg. Her body measurement is around 36-35-32 inches with a bra size of 36B, 6(US) as her dress size, and 6(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and green eyes.