Last updated on August 5th, 2023 at 07:06 am
Facts About Cristiano Ronaldo
|Celebrated Name||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|Age||38 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|Birth Name||Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro|
|Height||6 ft. 2 inches|
|Place Of Birth||Funchal, Madeira, Portugal|
|Father||Jose Dinis Aveiro|
|Mother||Maria Dolores dos Santos Aviero|
|Sisters||Liliana Aveiro, and Elma Aveiro|
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Awards||Sir Matt Busby Player of the year, 5 times FIFA Ballon d'Or, World Soccer Player of the Year, Globe Soccer Player of the year|
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
|Children||Cristiano Ronaldo Jr, Eva, Mateo, Alana Martina, and Bella Esmeralda|
|Net Worth||$500 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football and sponsorship|
|Current Team||Al-Nassr FC|
|Links||Facebook Twitter Instagram|
One of the best players of all time is Cristiano Ronaldo. He is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays as a forward for and captains both the Saudi Professional League club Al Nassr and the Portugal national team His shirt number is 7. Cristiano Ronaldo became famous as a forward for Real Madrid after being acquired from Manchester United in 2009. He became captain of the Portuguese national team in 2008 and received the Ballon d'Or as the European Footballer of the Year in 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2017. He won four European Golden Shoes. Altogether he has won 28 trophies including six league titles, fand ive UEFA European Championships. He is also famous for being the most official active goal scorer. For the club and country, he has scored 700 senior career goals.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Early Life
Cristiano Ronaldo was born on 5 February 1985. His birthplace is Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. His birth name is Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro. His father's name is Jose Dinis Aveiro who is a municipal gardener and a part-time kit man and his mother's name is Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro. He is the youngest child. He has one elder brother named Hugo and two elder sisters, Elma and Liliana Catia. About his nationality, he holds Portuguese nationality and he belongs to the white ethnicity. Likewise, his religion is Catholic and as per his birth date, his zodiac sign is Aquarius. About his education, the information regarding the education of Cristiano Ronaldo is unknown but it will be updated soon. From 1992 to 1995 he played for the amateur team Andorinha.
Genius Cristiano Ronaldo Takes Portugal to UEFA Nations League Final
Thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo's hat-trick, Portugal advances to UEFA Nations League 2019 final. Host Portugal defeated Switzerland 3-0 at Estadio do Dragao.
The 34-years old Portuguese went on to score his career hat-trick. Cristiano Ronaldo missed some of the golden opportunities in the early minutes. However, he did not disappoint the home fans. He opened the account in the 25th minute through a free-kick goal. Portugal led 1-0 at halftime. Switzerland equalized 12 minutes into the second half via a penalty. Ricardo Rodriguez scored from the penalty to give the visitor a 1-1 equalizer.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored two late goals within 2 minutes in the 88th minute and 90th minute to secure a place in the final. Will Cristiano Ronaldo delivers another trophy to his country, fate will be decided in the final.
Club Honors and Achievements
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2002
- Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
- FA Cup: 2003–04
- Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2008–09
- FA Community Shield: 2007
- UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
- La Liga: 2011-12, 2016-17
- Copa del Rey: 2010-11, 2013-14
- Supercopa de España: 2012, 2017
- UEFA Champions League: 2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017
- Serie A: 2018-19, 2019-20
- Coppa Italia: 2020-21
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2018, 2020
Country Honors and Achievements
- UEFA European Championship: 2016
- UEFA Nations League: 2018-19
- FIFA Ballon d'Or/Ballon d'Or: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008
- FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2008
- The Best FIFA Men's Player: 2016, 2017
- UEFA Best Player in Europe Award: 2014, 2016, 2017
- UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2007–08
- UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2007–08
- World Soccer Player of the Year: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year: 2003–04, 2004–05
- PFA Portuguese Player of the Year: 2016, 2017
- Onze d'Or: 2008, 2016–17
- Bravo Award: 2004
- European Golden Shoe: 2007–08, 2010–11, 2013–14, 2014–15
- FIFA Puskás Award: 2009
- FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2004, 2012, 2016
- UEFA European Championship Silver Boot: 2016
- UEFA Euro All-Time XI
- UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year (published 2017)
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2016
- FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball: 2008, 2014
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2006–07
- PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08
- PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2006–07, 2007–08
- FWA Footballer of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
- Premier League Golden Boot: 2007–08
- Premier League Player of the Month: November 2006, December 2006, January 2008, March 2008
- La Liga top scorer: 2010–11, 2013–14, 2014–15
- La Liga Best Player: 2013–14
- La Liga Best Forward: 2013–14
- La Liga Fans' Five Star Player: 2014–15
- La Liga Most Valuable Player: 2012–13
- La Liga Best Goal: 2013–14
- La Liga Team of the Season: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
- UEFA La Liga Team of The Season: 2015–16, 2016–17
- La Liga Player of the Month: November 2013, May 2015, May 2017
- Copa del Rey top goalscorer: 2010–11
- FIFA Club World Cup top goalscorer: 2016, 2017
- BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year: 2014
- IFFHS World's Best Top Division Goal Scorer: 2014, 2015
- IFFHS World's Best Top Goal Scorer: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- IFFHS Men's World Team: 2017, 2018
- Globe Soccer Awards Player of the Year: 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Serie A Most Valuable Player: 2018–19
- Most (FIFA/France Football) Ballon d'Or awards: 5 (2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017) Only Lionel Messi has more then him 7.
- Most World Soccer Player of the Year awards: 5 (2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
- Most appearances in the FIFPro World XI: 12 times (2007–2018) (shared with Lionel Messi)
- Top goalscorer in FIFA Club World Cup: 7 goals
- Most UEFA Club Footballer of the Year/UEFA Men's Player of the Year Awards: 4 (2007–08, 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17)
- Most appearances in the UEFA Team of the Year: 13 times (2004, 2007–2018)
- Most goals in the UEFA Champions League: 126 goals
- Most goals scored in the UEFA Champions League knockout stages: 65 goals
- Most goals scored in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals: 25 goals
- Most goals scored in the UEFA Champions League semi-finals: 13 goals
- Most hat-tricks scored in the UEFA Champions League: 8 (shared with Lionel Messi)
- Most goals scored in a single UEFA Champions League/European Cup season: 17 goals in 2013–14
- Most goals scored in the UEFA Champions League in a single calendar year: 19 goals in 2017
- Most goals scored in a single UEFA Champions League group stage campaign: 11 goals in 2015–16
- Most goals scored in a single UEFA Champions League knockout phase: 10 goals in 2016–17
- The only player to have scored in three UEFA Champions League finals: (2008, 2014, 2017)
- The only player to have scored in all six games in a UEFA Champions League group stage: (2017–18)
- The only player to have scored in 11 straight UEFA Champions League games
- The only player to have scored 10 goals against a single club in the UEFA Champions League (vs. Juventus)
- The only player to have scored three goals in multiple UEFA European Championships: (2012, 2016)
- Europe's all-time leading international goalscorer: 88 goals
- Most appearances in UEFA European Championship finals: 21
- Most goals in the UEFA European Championship finals: 9 goals (shared with Michel Platini)
- Most tournaments scored in the UEFA European Championship finals: 4
- Most goals in the UEFA European Championship including qualifying: 29 goals
- Most goals in UEFA European Championship and European FIFA World Cup qualifiers: 50 goals
- Fastest player to reach 100 goals in La Liga history: 92 Matches
- Fastest player to reach 150 goals in La Liga history: 140 Matches
- Fastest player to reach 300 goals in La Liga history: 286 Matches
- Most hat-tricks in La Liga history: 34
- Portugal's most capped player of all time: 200 caps
- Portugal's all-time top goalscorer: 123 goals
Records: Real Madrid
- Real Madrid all-time top goalscorer: 451 goals
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Net worth
As of 2023, Cristiano Ronaldo‘s net worth is estimated to be around $500 Million. He is one of the highest-paid athletes in the world. He topped the highest-paid footballer's list for several years. Even with a 30% cut due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he made $64 million in salary in 2020. Overall, he made $105 million in 2020 becoming the highest-paid footballer and second-highest-paid athlete in the world. The remaining income came from his sponsorships and endorsement deals.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the first footballer to earn a billion from his professional football career. Lionel Messi is the only other and second footballer to achieve that feat. Their income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, endorsements, sponsorships, and their business ventures. His Cr7 is quite popular across the globe. He reportedly has a lifelong endorsement deal worth $1 billion with Nike. He also has sponsorship deals with other brands and companies that produce consumer products such as soft drinks, automobiles, and electronics among others. He also has endorsement deals with Herbalife, Clear Shampoo, and Pharmaceutical company Abbott. He is the highest-earning athlete on Instagram as well.
Cristiano Ronaldo outside Football
Cristiano Ronaldo has established his brand “around the CR7 image” and represents many significant international brands. It is primarily focused on the undergarments product, but it has expanded to cover a variety of other apparel, recreation, and home goods. Furthermore, he also owns several hotels in Portugal, including one in Lisbon and another in Funchal, Madeira where he was born. In late 2016, he also entered the gym business in collaboration with Crunch, a US fitness organization.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Wife and Children
Looking at his personal life, Cristiano Ronaldo is an unmarried guy. He is in a relationship with his longtime girlfriend, Georgina Rodriguez. The couple met again at a Dolce and Gabbana event where they got to know each other better. It was reported that the pair were dating in late 2016. Georgina Rodriguez told that she first met Cristiano Ronaldo while working as a sales assistant for Gucci. Despite dating for so long they are still not married, but Cristiano Ronaldo has said he is 100 percent sure about marrying his long-time girlfriend Georgina Rodríguez on Netflix's new release, 'I Am Georgina'.
Cristiano Ronaldo became a father of a son, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr on 17 June 2010. The mother of the child is unknown and he has declared that he will say the child his mother's name after his 18th birthday.
He also has been a father of the twins, the girl is named Eva, and the boy is named Mateo through a surrogate mother in 2017 in the United States.
Cristiano Ronaldo has two children with Georgina Rodriguez: daughter Alana Martina, born on 12 November 2017, and a baby daughter Bella Esmeralda born on 18 April 2022. On April 18, 2022, the couple was blessed with twins, a boy, and a girl, however, the boy died during childbirth. Currently, Georgina Rodriguez is the mother of Ronaldo’s all children: Cristiano Ronaldo Jr, Eva, Mateo, Alana Martina, and Bella Esmeralda. At present, he is living happily with his love and children together.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Height and Weight
Cristiano Ronaldo stands at a height of 1.87m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 85kg. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color is hazel brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight. Overall, he has got a healthy and balanced body where he has no tattoos on his body parts as he regularly donates blood and bone marrow. He frequently does exercise to maintain his body. His chest size is 43 inches, his waist size is 33 inches and his arms size is 14 inches.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Transfer History
- As a child, he played for Andorinha from 1992 to 1995 where his father was the kit man.
- In 1995, he joined the youth team of Nacional where he spent two years with the club.
- In 1997, aged 12, he went on a three-day trial with Sporting CP, who signed him for a fee of £1,500.
- In 2019, he became the most expensive player in the world when he signed for Real Madrid on 6 July 2019 in a transfer worth €94 million (£80 million). At least 80,000 fans attended his presentation at the Santiago Bernabeu, surpassing the 25-year record of 75,000 fans who had welcomed Diego Maradona at Napoli.
- In July 2018, he signed for Juventus in a transfer worth an initial €100 million (£88 million), the most expensive transfer for an Italian club and the most expensive for a player over 30 years old.
- In August 2021, he and his agent Jorge Mendes reached a verbal agreement with Manchester City over personal terms but the club pulled out of the deal the following day due to the overall cost of the transfer. On the same day, it was confirmed that City's rivals Manchester United, his former club, were in advanced talks to sign him, while former manager Alex Ferguson and several ex-teammates had been in contact to persuade him to re-sign for United. On 27 August 2021, Manchester United announced they had reached an agreement with Juventus to re-sign him in the subject to an agreement of personal terms, visa, and medical. The transfer was reported as costing an initial £12.85 million, with a two-year contract plus an optional year, and was confirmed on 31 August.
- On 27 August 2021, Manchester United announced they had reached an agreement with Juventus to re-sign Ronaldo, subject to agreement of personal terms, visa and medical. The transfer was for an initial £12.85 million, with a two-year contract plus an optional year, and was confirmed on 31 August
- On 30 December 2022, Saudi club Al Nassr reached an agreement for Ronaldo to join the club effective 1 January 2023, signing a contract until 2025.
Trivias About Cristiano Ronaldo You Need To Know.
- His mother revealed that she wanted to abort him due to poverty, his father's alcoholism, and having too many children already, but her doctor refused to perform the procedure.
- At the age of 15, he was diagnosed with tachycardia, a condition that could have forced him to give up playing football. He then underwent heart surgery where a laser was used to cauterize multiple cardiac pathways into one, altering his resting heart rate. He was discharged from the hospital hours after the procedure and resumed training a few days later.
- His father, Jose Dinis Aveiro, died in September 2005, due to an alcoholism-related liver condition.
- He doesn’t drink alcohol and also does not have any tattoos as he regularly donates blood and bone marrow.
- He has won five Ballon d'Or awards[note 3] and four European Golden Shoes, the most by a European player.
- He holds the records for most appearances (183), most goals (140), and assists (42) in the Champions League, most goals in the European Championship (14), most international goals by a male player (117), and most international appearances by a European male (189).
- He is one of the few players to have made over 1,100 professional career appearances and has scored over 800 official senior careers goals for club and country.
- Currently, he is also the nation’s all-time top goalscorer with more than 123 goals at the international level.