Daniel Radcliffe - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Girlfriend, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Personal Life, Career, Movies, Awards
The winner of the National Movie Award, Daniel Radcliffe is an English actor who is known worldwide because of his outstanding performance in the film series "Harry Potter" and its sequels which made him a Hollywood superstar. He gave his 10 years of his childhood for the series which makes him the richest teenager in England at that time. After that, He has done many theater productions and appeared in many other movies. He was often asked for the played the same role of Harry after the writer, J.K. Rowling hinted to write the eighth sequel of the "Harry Potter" but he refused it because he lost his 10 years of his childhood for the one character but he is "proud to be associated with this film series forever." He has also contributed to many charities, including Demelza Hospice Care for Children and The Trevor Project for which he was won the Hero Award in 2011. To know more about the actor, you can read the below article to the end.
What is Daniel Radcliffe famous for?
- A British actor and producer.
- His role as Harry Potter in the Harry Potter film series during his adolescence and early adulthood.
How old is Daniel Radcliffe?
Going back to his early life, Daniel was born under the birth sign of Leo to his parents, Alan Radcliffe and Marcia Gresham in the year 1989. His father is a literary agent and his mother is a casting agent. He was only one child of his parents and he raised in London, England. His nationality is British and his ethnicity is White. Further, he seems to be non-religious.
Concerning his education, He attended three independent schools for boys: Radcliffe School, Sussex House School, and the City of London School. He achieved A grades in the three AS-level exams that he took in 2006 but decided to take a break from education and did not go to college or university. He eve suffered from bullying in the school after he started getting famous through his movies.
When did Daniel Radcliffe begin his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Daniel started his acting career since his early days. He got his first role as a young boy in Charles Dickens's novel David Copperfield (1999).
- Then, he got an offer for the role of Harry in the film "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" which released in 2001. After several auditions, he finally selected for the movie and signed for its six sequels. Also, It becomes the highest-grossing movie of the year.
- The same year, he also appeared in "The Tailor of Panama" which is based on John le Carré's 1996 spy novel and got commercial success. It was his first debut film.
- In 2002, He appeared second sequels of the series called "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." It becomes the second highest-grossing film of the year worldwide. He also received positive critical appreciation for it.
- In 2004, He appeared third sequels of the series called "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban." However, it becomes the lowest-grossing movie out of the whole series but got the highest acclaim out of all the movies from the series to date.
- After a year, He appeared the fourth sequels of the series called "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" in 2005. Also, The movie was nominated for an Academy Award in the category of Best Art Direction.
- After two years later, He appeared the fifth sequels of the series called "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" in 2007, for which he got many award nominations and won the National Movie Award for the category of Best Male Performance.
- The same year, he also appeared the movies named "December Boys" and "My Boy Jack." However, His acting in the movies got critical acclaim.
- In 2009, He appeared in the fifth sequels of the series called "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," for which he was nominated for the Best Male Performance and Global Superstar at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards.
- After that, He appeared the sixth sequels of the series called "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" which released in two-part in two different years.
- In 2010, The first part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was released under the name of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" which grossed $960 million worldwide and the movie achieved average reviews from the media.
- In 2011, The second part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was released under the name of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2" which grossed more than $1.3 billion worldwide and the movie considered to be the 4th highest-grossing movie of all time.
- After that, he was asked to be played the same role of the upcoming "Harry Potter" sequels which was hinted by the writer, J.K.Rowling. However, he was refused to play the role because he gave his 10 years of his childhood the same role which made him miss his childhood. But he is "proud to be associated with this film series forever."
- After the "Harry Potter" film series, he played his first horror movie named "The Woman in Black" in 2012. The movies were released in three different countries on different dates.
- After that, He appeared in several movies in 2013. They are "Kill Your Darling", The F Word", and "Horns."
- The same year, He performed as Billy Claven at the Noël Coward Theatre in the stage play revival of Martin McDonagh's dark comedy The Cripple of Inishmaan, for which he won the WhatsOnStage Award for Best Actor in a Play.
- After two years, He cast as Igor in a science fiction horror film named "Victor Frankenstein" in 2015. The film was based on contemporary adaptations of Mary Shelley's 1818 novel Frankenstein.
- He also appeared as Sam Houser, one of the founders of Rockstar Games, in the biographical drama film The Gamechangers.
- The same year, He also joined the ensemble cast of Shane Carruth's third film, "The Modern Ocean."
- In 2016, He appeared in the action-adventure film, "Now You See Me."
- The same year, He also cast in critically acclaimed independent film, "Imperium". The film received an 84% on Rotten Tomatoes with the consensus reading, "The unsettling Imperium boasts troublingly timely themes and a talented cast led by Daniel Radcliffe as an undercover FBI agent infiltrating a ring of white supremacists".
- After that, He cast off-Broadway at The Public Theater in a documentary theatre piece called Privacy, playing the role of The Writer.
- In 2017, He appeared as Yossi Ghinsberg in the thriller "Jungle", which was based on an internationally bestselling memoir of the same name by Yossi Ghinsberg.
- In 2018, He portrayed a pilot smuggling drugs across borders in the independent action-thriller, "Beast of Burden" directed by Jesper Ganslandt.
- In 2019, He starred as Craig in the TBS comedy limited series, "Miracle Workers" based on the book by Simon Rich.
- He also voiced starred as Rex Dasher, a secret agent who helps Marla, in the animated film, "Playmobil: The Movie" which is directed by Lino DiSalvo.
- In 2020, He appeared as Miles in the action comedy film, "Guns Akimbo" which is directed by Jason Lei Howden.
- In March 2020, He appeared as the guest on BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs, in which he discussed his teenage alcohol misuse and his decision to become teetotal, and how his parents' support and staying in the United Kingdom helped him cope with fame.
Daniel Radcliffe Girlfriend
Daniel Radcliffe has never been married but has a romantic relationship with Erin Darke since 2013. The couple met on the set of Kill Your Darlings. There were rumors that they were engagement in mid-2014, but Darke's father denied there were any such plans in December 2014. Presently, the lovebirds enjoying their love life happily.
Further, He suffers from a neurological disorder developmental coordination disorder. He said that it gets so bad that he cannot even do day to day activities. Also, He stopped drinking alcohol in 2010 after finding himself becoming too reliant on it.
Furthermore, He has contributed to many charities, including Demelza Hospice Care for Children and The Trevor Project; the latter charity gave him its Hero Award in 2011.
Daniel Radcliffe Net Worth
Daniel Radcliffe has earned the sum of an impressive amount of money from his profession as an actor in the field of the entertainment industry. As per the online sites, he has reported $110 million net worth as of 2020 and he earned as salary somewhere around $25 million. It was said that he only earned the "Harry Potter" series around £15 million.
Later in 2010, he has named the sixth highest-paid Hollywood male star and placed at number five on Forbes's December list of Hollywood's highest-grossing actor.
What is the height of Daniel Radcliffe?
Daniel Radcliffe has a height of 5 feet 5 inches and he weighs around 53 Kg. His eyes are blue and his hair color is dark brown. Further, his body measurements are 38-30-16 inches including his chest, waist, and biceps sizes. Additionally, he used 10 (US) shoe size.
Trivias About Daniel Radcliffe You Need To Know.
- After the final installment of Harry Potter, he played leading roles in the films The Woman in Black, Kill Your Darlings, and Horns.
- He also earned recognition for his performance in the stage production How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- His favorite book from the Harry Potter series so far is number three, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Especially likes the music group Sex Pistols. He also plays the bass guitar.
- His parents are Alan Radcliffe, a literary agent, and Marcia Gresham, a casting director.