Facts About Daniel Ricciardo
|Celebrated Name||Daniel Ricciardo|
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Daniel Joseph Ricciardo|
|Father||Giuseppe "Joe" Ricciardo|
|Awards||Lorenzo Bandini Trophy and more|
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
|Net Worth||$50 Million (£40.7 million)|
|Source of Wealth||Racing Career|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Body Measurement||37-34-14 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Daniel Ricciardo is an Italian-Australian racing driver who currently competes in the 2022 FIA Formula One World Drivers Championship driving for the McLaren Formula One team. He made his debut at the 2011 British Grand Prix with the HRT team as part of a deal with Red Bull Racing. His driver number is 3. He joined Toro Rosso in 2012. He drove a Ferrari-powered car for them in 2012 and 2013. Then, he was promoted to Red Bull in 2014. In his first season with Red Bull under Renault's power, Ricciardo finished third in the championship with his first three Formula One wins, in Canada, Hungary, and Belgium. After 2018, Ricciardo signed with Renault and raced for them in the 2019 and 2020 seasons. He joined McLaren for the 2021 and 2022 Formula One seasons, alongside Lando Norris. He was awarded the coveted Lorenzo Bandini Trophy in 2014 and won the 'Laureus Breakthrough of the Year award in 2015.
What is Daniel Ricciardo Famous For?
- Being a professional racing driver.
- For winning the Formula Renault 2.0 WEC in 2008 and the British Formula 3 Championship in 2009.
What is Daniel Ricciardo Nationality?
Daniel Ricciardo was born on July 1, 1989, in Perth, Australia. His nationality is Australian and his ethnicity is Italian-Australian. His born name is Daniel Joseph Ricciardo. He is the son of his mother, Grace, and his father, Giuseppe “Joe” Ricciardo. With his sister Michelle, he spent his early life. He was born into Christianity religious family. His present age is 33 as of 2022.
Daniel Ricciardo Career Timeline
- Initially, he started karting at the age of nine, as a member of the Tiger Kart Club (TKC).
- Then, he entered the Western Australian Formula Ford championship driving a 15-year-old Van Diemen, finishing eighth by the season's end in 2005.
- He remained in Formula Renault momentous moment year in 2008, entering the European and Western European titles.
- He moved to the British Formula 3 Championship for the 2009 season.
- On 30 October 2009, Ricciardo was signed by Tech 1 to compete in the 2010 season.
- He made his presentation in the 3.5-liter World Series by Renault title, hustling close by Charles Pic at Tech 1 Racing for the rounds at the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve in Portugal.
- In 2011 Ricciardo raced for ISR Racing prior to his HRT call-up.
- He made his track debut at the wheel of a Formula One car, when he tested for Red Bull Racing at the young driver's test at Circuito de Jerez over three days, from 1–3 December 2009.
- He was contracted to Hispania Racing by Red Bull Racing on 30th June 2011.
- He lost at the FIA Formula One World Championship and came out at 105th position. He also won the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix.
- He made his Grand Prix debut at the 2011 British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
- Later, Toro Rosso re-signed Ricciardo for the 2013 season.
- He won the Hungarian Grand Prix on 27 July. He became the fourth Australian driver to win a Formula One race at the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix.
- Also, he became the fastest Formula One driver to perform a lap of the Top Gear test track during the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car feature, beating the previous record-holder Lewis Hamilton with a time of 1:42.2 on 8 February 2015, during the third episode of series 22 of the popular British motoring television programme "Top Gear".
- He finished his 2015 season with 92 points in eighth place in the championship, three points behind teammate Daniil Kvyat.
- In 2016, he returned to the podium in Hungary, finishing third, and in Germany, where he finished second.
- He qualified and finished second at the Singapore Grand Prix.
- He won his fifth Grand Prix at the first Azerbaijan Grand Prix, after qualifying 10th.
- He finished on the podium five times in a row between Spain and Austria, and then three times in a row in Singapore, Malaysia, and Japan.
- He started his 2018 season in fourth place in Australia.
- He tied for the most retirements in the 2018 season, with 8 retirements in total.
- On 3rd August 2018, it was announced that Ricciardo had signed a contract to drive for Renault in 2019 and 2020.
- He finished in 4th place at the Italian Grand Prix.
- He ended his 2019 season with a relatively disappointing season for Renault in 9th place in the championship, with 54 points, ahead of teammate Hülkenberg.
- He began his 2020 season with Hülkenberg being replaced by Esteban Ocon. He started the season with a retirement at the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix.
- He finished in 4th place at the 2020 British Grand Prix.
- At the 2020 Italian Grand Prix, he qualified 7th and finished in 6th place.
- In his final race for Renault at the 2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, he only managed 12th on the grid. He finished in 5th place in the championship standings with 119 points, 6 points behind Sergio Pérez in fourth.
- Next, he joined McLaren for the 2021 Formula One World Championship. He partnered with Lando Norris.
- He started from 16th after being knocked out during Q1 at the Portuguese Grand Prix.
- He qualified seventh at the Spanish Grand Prix.
- He finished in 6th position at the French Grand Prix.
- He finished 7th after starting 13th at the Austrian Grand Prix.
- He was knocked out in Q1 and took an engine penalty at the Turkish Grand Prix.
- At the Qatar Grand Prix, Ricciardo was knocked out in Q2, qualifying 14th.
- He missed the final day of the 2022 pre-season test in Bahrain, due to a positive COVID-19 test on 11 March.
- He managed to qualify in 7th place and finished in 6th place at the Australian Grand Prix.
- He qualified in 6th place and managed to maintain 6th place during the sprint for the race at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.
- At the Miami Grand Prix, Ricciardo qualified 14th and finished the race in 13th place.
- For the 2022 Spanish Grand Prix, Ricciardo failed to score points and finished twelfth.
- He then finished eighth in Azerbaijan.
Daniel Ricciardo Awards and Achievements
- Lorenzo Bandini Trophy: 2014
- Laureus Breakthrough of the Year: 2015
- BRDC The Bruce McLaren Trophy: 2013
- Confartigianato Motori Driver of the Year: 2014
- GQ Australia Sportsman of the Year: 2014
- BRDC The Bruce McLaren Trophy: 2014
- BRDC The Innes Ireland Trophy: 2014
- BRDC The Innes Ireland Trophy: 2015
- BRDC The Bruce McLaren Trophy: 2016
- Confartigianato Motori Driver of the Year: 2018
- Appointed Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in the 2022 Australia Day Honours for "significant service to motorsport as a competitor and ambassador, and to the community".
Who is Daniel Ricciardo Girlfriend?
Daniel Ricciardo is not married yet and he is currently in a relationship at present. He is dating Jessica Gomes, an Australian Model who has done modeling work for a variety of brands like Levi's, Motorola, DKNY Jeans, Garnier, Urban Outfitters, Victoria's Secret, and Hyundai Sonata, Cass Beer, and many more. They are enjoying their life a lot and they are planning to get engaged and married soon.
Previously, he dated his high school sweetheart, Jemma Boskovich. Later, they split in 2016.
How much is Daniel Ricciardo Net Worth?
The successful race car driver's net worth is estimated to have $50 Million (£40.7 million) as of 2022. His present salary is $26.5 million. Back in 2021, his salary was $17 Million. His main source of wealth comes from his car racing career. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present. He is competing in the 2022 FIA Formula One World Drivers Championship. He owns three properties across three continents; a bachelor pad in Los Angeles purchased at $13 million, a farmhouse in his native Perth, and an apartment in Monte Carlo.
How tall is Daniel Ricciardo?
Daniel Ricciardo stands at the height of 5 feet 10 inches and his body weight is around 65 kg. His body size is 37-34-14 inches (chest, waist, and biceps). His hair is in dark brown color and his eye color is also dark brown. His body type is athletic. He frequently does exercise to maintain his body. He has also inked a tattoo on his left arm.
Trivias About Daniel Ricciardo You Need To Know.
- Cancer is his zodiac sign.
- His 2020, current team is McLaren-Mercedes.
- After his 2021 season, he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia in the 2022 Australia Day Honours.
- He started karting at the age of nine, as a member of the Tiger Kart Club (TKC) and entered numerous karting events.