Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 03:55 pm
Facts About David Schwimmer
|56 Years Old
|David Lawrence Schwimmer
|Actor , Director , Producer
|Place Of Birth
|Flushing, Queens, New York
|Beverly Hills High School
|Zoe Buckman (M. 2010; Div. 2017)
|Cleo Buckman Schwimmer
|6 feet 1 inch
|$1 Million per episode
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
David Schwimmer is an American actor, best known for his portrayal of ‘Ross Geller’ in the famous American sitcom ‘Friends.’ Born and raised in New York, David moved to Los Angeles for better career prospects, after graduating from the prestigious ‘Northwestern University’ in the late 1980s. For the next few years, he remained practically jobless.
In 1994, he was selected to play the legendary role of ‘Ross Geller’ in the sitcom ‘Friends.’ This turned out to be a life-transforming stint for David, as the series became a cult classic. He also starred in other TV series, such as ‘Band of Brothers’ and ‘Web Therapy.’ Some of his notable films are ‘John Carter,’ ‘Nothing but the Truth,’ and ‘Hotel.’ To know more about him, read below.
Who are the parents of David Schwimmer?
Recalling his early life, David Schwimmer was born in Flushing, Queens, New York, the United States. His birth name is David Lawrence Schwimmer. His father’s name is Arthur Schwimmer and his mother’s name is Arlene Coleman-Schwimmer. He has a sibling namely, Ellie Schwimmer. David holds American citizenship and Ashkenazi Jewish ethnicity. His birth sign is Scorpio.
Talking about David’s education history, he attended an acting workshop by legendary actor Ian McKellen, which was another riveting experience for David. He was in awe of the sheer intensity of the art of performing. He then participated in the ‘South California Shakespeare Festival,’ where he won two top prizes. Then, he attended the ‘Beverly Hills High School,’ which had many big names of Hollywood as their alumni.
When did David Schwimmer begin acting?
- Talking about his profession, in the late 1980s, Schwimmer auditioned for several roles without any significant success. He somehow managed to earn a supporting role in the lesser-known series ‘A Deadly Silence,’ and then starred in films such as ‘Flight of the Intruder’ and ‘Crossing the Bridge.’ He also starred in the series ‘L.A. Law’ and ‘NYPD Blue.’
- In the year 1994, he bagged one of the first major roles of his career, in the series ‘Monty,’ which saw him portray ‘Greg Richardson’ in 14 episodes. His character was that of a liberal son of a conservative father and earned accolades. Ace Hollywood agents and producers finally started noticing him.
- He had his major career breakthrough when he bagged the chance to star as ‘Dr. Ross Geller’ in the sitcom ‘Friends.’ The series revolved around the everyday lives of six 20-something American youths, their romantic quests, and other antics. David played a hopeless romantic, working as a paleontologist at a local museum.
- David had initially refused to play the role of ‘Ross Geller,’ but he agreed when one of the executive producers, Kevin Bright, insisted that he join the show. The show eventually went on to garner extremely positive reviews and earned a loyal fan-base. The phenomenal success of the series made David a household name. He also ended up directing 10 episodes scattered throughout the series.
- Additionally, David then appeared in the 1996 film ‘The Pallbearer,’ which had him portraying the role of a young man who falls in love with his best friend’s mother. The film received negative reviews, and it seemed that people had, by then, started expecting a lot from David. The success of ‘Friends’ had put the entire cast under heavy pressure to perform remarkably well.
- In the year 1998, he starred in the film ‘Kissing a Fool, which also had him as an executive producer. The path-breaking sitcom ‘Friends’ ended its 10-season run in 2004, and David moved on to other projects. He starred in the 2005 independent film ‘Duane Hopwood,’ which received mixed reviews from both critics and audiences.
- However, his performance as an alcoholic was appreciated. He turned a full-time director with the 2007 British comedy film ‘Run Fatboy Run,’ which starred Simon Pegg in the leading role.
- During 2008, he appeared in the film ‘Nothing but the Truth,’ and in 2010, he returned to direction with the film ‘Trust.’ He also did guest appearances in the TV series ‘Entourage’ and ‘30 Rock.’ In the year 2008, he directed the British series ‘Little Britain USA.’
- Likewise, in 2011, he appeared as a supporting cast member in the series ‘Web Therapy,’ which starred his ‘Friends’ co-star Lisa Kudrow, who also co-created the series.
- Similarly, in 2016, he played ‘Robert Kardashian’ in the series ‘American Crime Story: The People v O.J. Simpson.’ On the same year, he appeared as one of the main leads in the series ‘Feed the Beast.’ Besides that, David has also lent his voice to ‘Melman’ in the animated film series ‘Madagascar.’
- In April 2017, Schwimmer helped adapt the films of Sigal Avin for a US audience. The six short features depict sexual harassment at work by men on women.
- As of 2019, David appeared as 'Matthew Quirk' in 'The Laundromat' movie and from 2018 to present he played as 'Noah Broader' in the series 'Will & Grace'.
Is David Schwimmer married or not?
Reflecting his personal life, it's pretty hard for star-like David to have a smooth running private life. He has been the part of many rumors and controversies regarding his personal life.
Several people might be aware of the fact that David was once a married man. He is in a marital relationship with British artist Zoe Buckman. The pair, in the presence of their close friends and family, tied a knot on June 4, 2010. For six long years, both Zoe and David lived a blissful life. However, in April 2017, the pair confirmed that they were no more together. The reason for splitting is still a mystery issue.
David is the father of an adorable kid named Cleo Buckman Schwimmer. Cleo is the daughter of Zoe and David. Although the pair have split and are no more together, they might decide to co-parent their young daughter together.
Who has David Schwimmer Dated in his past?
Schwimmer's name has been linked with a number of the actress in the past decades. As per the report, David hooked up with American actress Patrice Jennings, Minnie Driver, and Natalie Imbruglia.
Then on 2001, his name again linked up with Mili Avital. Their relationship, however, could not last long and quickly after a few months of dating; they divide their methods from one another. After the split with Avital, Schwimmer briefly dated actress Carla Alapont. The couple dated for a year and called it quiets.
Again in 2004, he was seen with Tina Barrett but the pair never really confirmed the news. By the end of 2007, David fell in love with Zoe Buckman with whom he tied a knot in 2010 after dating for three long years.
How much net worth does David Schwimmer own?
You either loved or hated the character of David Schwimmer on Friends, as Ross Geller, but without him, you can't deny that the show wouldn't be the same. Likewise, probably without the show as well, his net worth would not be the same as of $85 million too. As per online sites, he charges $1 million per episode.
How tall is David Schwimmer?
Observing his body statistics, David Schwimmer has a height of 6 feet 1 inches. Additionally, he weighs is 189 lbs. David’s hair color is dark brown and his eye color is light brown. His other body information is yet to be disclosed.
Trivias About David Schwimmer You Need To Know.
- Has worked extensively on the stage both as actor and director.
- David once said in an interview, he would like to become a public school teacher after Friends (1994) ended.
- Allergic to cats.