Drew Carey - Bio, Net Worth, Comedian, Actor, Show, Movies, TV Shows, Marine, Salary, Fiancee, Ex, Wife, Kids, Age, Height, Weight Loss, Facts, Wiki
Drew Carey is a name familiar to almost every American household. He is the host of popular TV shows like Whose Line Is It Anyway, The Drew Carey Show, and The Price is Right. As a comedian and a Game Show host, he has had a long and popular career. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Drew famous for?
- An American actor, comedian, and game show host.
- Hosting The Drew Carey Show (1995–2004) and Whose Line Is It Anyway? (1998–2007).
Where is Drew Carey born?
Recalling his early life, Drew was born in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. His birth name is Drew Allison Carey. He was born to father Lewis Carey and mother Beulah Carey. He is the youngest of three children. He has two brothers, Roger Carey and Lewis Carey.
His father died from a brain tumor when he was eight years old. He spent his childhood living in the Old Brooklyn neighborhood of Cleveland, Ohio. His nationality is American and belongs to mixed (English, Welsh, German, and Spanish) ethnicity.
Where is Drew Carey educated?
Concerning his education, Drew completed his education from James Ford Rhodes High School in 1975. After that, he attended college at Kent State University (KSU). While at the university, he was expelled twice for poor academic performance.
After three years, he left the university. He then enlisted in the United States Marine Corps Reserve in 1979. He served as a Marine for four years. In 1983, he moved to Los Vegas and worked as a bank teller and a waiter at Denny’s.
How Drew Carey become an actor?
- Moving towards his career, Drew wrote his stand-up comedy, Drew Carey: Human Cartoon, which was aired on Showtime and won a Cable AEC Award for Best Writing. Gradually, he developed the character of a middle-class bachelor and took part in supporting roles on television.
- In 1994, he co-starred with John Caponera in The Good Life, a sitcom on NBC. The show got canceled and thereafter he got hired as a consultant for the television show, Someone Like Me.
- In 1995, The Drew Carey Show premiered. It revolved around a fictionalized version of himself as he took on the stresses of life and work with a group of childhood friends. The program had 233 episodes and ran for over nine years.
- In 1998, he started the American version of the comedy show, Whose Line is it Anyway. The show ran for 220 episodes till it ended in 2006. His income by now led to his inclusion in the Forbes list of highest-paid entertainers of 1998 at 24th with $45.5 million.
- He co-produced and starred in Drew Carey’s Green Screen Show for Warner Brothers during 2004-05 prime time. The show was dropped by Warner Brothers and picked up by Comedy Central subsequently.
- Based on his earlier shows and experience he began hosting his Improv-A-Ganza in 2011, which was filmed in MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- He was one of the founders of the Improve All-Stars that is a group of eleven actors who perform in unscripted skits. The group of actors also appeared in his earlier shows. They toured the whole of the United States, performing at various comedy clubs.
- In 2007, he began hosting game shows. Power of 10 was his pilot show featuring contestants who had to predict how a cross-section of Americans responds to questions covering a wide variety of topics on polls conducted by CBS.
- After the Power of 10, he was hired by CBS to host The Price is Right in place of Bob Barker who announced his retirement.
- He then began to regularly appear in shows and commercials including The Great Root Bear and A&W Foods Services of Canada. He was dismissed by A&W Food Services because one of his episodes of the Drew Carey Show featured Mc Donald’s.
- Presently, he appeared as The Llama in the Masked Singer (2020) and American Housewife in 2019.
Is Drew Carey married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Drew is unmarried till now. He dated Nicole Jaracz for a long time before breaking up in 2012. After having an affair for a long time, the couple got engaged in 2007. After five years of their engagement, the couple separated in 2012.
He became a father figure to Nicole’s son, Connor. He has no other records of love affairs and relationships. His current relationship status is single.
How much is Drew Carey worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Drew earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession as an actor and writer. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $165 million and his salary is somewhere around $12.5 million at present. However, his asset's information is currently unknown.
How tall is Drew Carey?
Observing his body statistics, Drew stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches. and weighs around 82.5 kg. Similarly, He has blue eyes and brown hair Further, his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Drew Carey You Need To Know.
- He served in the U.S. Marine Corps and performed as a stand-up comedian.
- Drew Carey is the best show to ever take place in Cleveland the only one.