Dua Lipa Bio, Net Worth, Career, Age, Facts, Wiki, Boyfriend, Height
Dua Lipa is a popular singer, songwriter, and model. She has sold millions of copies of her records and has graced different fashion events. In this bio-wiki, you are going to learn more about Dua Lipa’s net worth, Her Real Name, Age, Birthday, how she makes her money, and how much she earns. Read on to find out more.
What is Dua Lipa Famous For?
- An English singer, songwriter, and model.
- Has won two Grammy Awards in 2019.
Where does Dua Lipa come from?
Dua Lipa was born in London, United Kingdom to Albanian parents. She is the daughter of Anesa Lipa and Dukagjin Lipa. She has two siblings; a sister named Rina and a brother named Gjin.
From the beginning of her childhood, she had a keen interest in singing as she began to learn from a very early age. She first uploads her cover song on YouTube at the age of 14.
Talking about her nationality, she is British and her ethnicity is white. Her birth sign is Virgo.
Moving towards her education, Dua joined Sylvia Young Theatre School. Later, she worked as a model.
Dua Lipa's Career and Achievements
- After relocating to London, Dua Lipa moved in with some friends in Camden and did some side jobs, like working as the hostess of a nightclub. She attended theatre school with her friends, but would eventually drop out for a year to focus on music, never to go back.
- At the age of 16, she began her career as a model after being approached by a manager, but due to her figure, she never got good assignments except for a television advertisement for "The X Factor". She actually did modeling to make contacts with people with an interest in music.
- She aggressively promoted her YouTube channel to new acquaintances, and eventually in 2015, signed a contract with Warner Music Group for her debut album. Her promotional debut single, 'New Love', produced by Emile Haynie and Andrew Wyatt and containing lyrics by her, was released in August 2015.
- She achieved success in Europe and Australia with her second single, "Be the One" – the only song from her album that she didn't write – which was released in October 2015. The single, which acted as the first proper single for her upcoming eponymous debut album, reached the top 10 of the musical charts in over 11 European territories and reached No.1 position in Belgium.
- In November 2015, it was revealed that she will be on the BBC 'Sound of...2016' list. In January 2016, she began her first tour through the UK and Europe, which continued till November that year.
- The second single for her album, 'Last Dance', was released on February 9, 2016, but it failed to chart in any country. The third single, 'Hotter than Hell', released on May 6, peaked at number 15 in the United Kingdom and reached the top 20 in several countries.
- On August 26, 2016, she released her next single, 'Blow Your Mind (Mwah)', which was inspired by her earlier attempts to change herself physically to get modeling assignments, which badly affected her mindset. It became her first US Billboard Hot 100' entry at No.72, and also topped the "Billboard Dance Club Songs" chart, and peaked at No.23 on the 'Billboard Mainstream Top 40' chart.
- In November 2016, she was featured on the Sean Paul single 'No Lie', which reached number 10 on the UK chart. In January next year, she collaborated with Martin Garrix to release the single 'Scared to Be Lonely', which peaked at No.14 in the UK.
- After working on it for almost two years, on June 2, 2017, she finally released her debut album, which reached No.3 on the UK chart. The following month she released 'New Rules', which was her first single to reach the top of the UK chart. It charted No.2 in Australia, No.6 in the US, and No.6 in Canada.
- Her performance at the Glastonbury Festival on June 23, 2017, pulled one of the biggest crowds for the event in recent times. In October 2017, she performed on BBC's music television show "Later... with Jools Holland".
- In January 2018, she received nominations in five categories at the 'Brit Awards as the only artist that year, as well as the first female artist ever to achieve this feat. She won the awards for the "British Female Solo Artist" and 'British Breakthrough Act' categories, and also performed at the awards ceremony at the O2 Arena in London on February 21.
- She collaborated with electronic music producer Whether for the song 'High' from the soundtrack of the film 'Fifty Shades Freed', which was released in February 2018. In April of that year, she provided vocals and contributed to the lyrics of the single 'One Kiss' by Calvin Harris, which became her second chart-topping single in the UK.
- In 2019, she won many awards including Grammy Awards and Brit Awards.
- As part of the film Alita: Battle Angel soundtrack, Lipa released the song "Swan Song" in January 2019.
- On 27 March 2020, Lipa released her second studio album, "Future Nostalgia" by Warner records. The album spawned six singles including "Don't Start Now", "Physical", "Break My Heart", "Hallucinate", "Levitating", and "Love Again".
- She was chosen as the global ambassador for the Brand, Evian, a French mineral water company on August 11, 2020.
- She released a single titled, "We're Good", along with Future Nostalgia: The Moonlight Edition on February 11, 2021.
- In February 2022, she launched a weekly lifestyle newsletter, "Service95" as well as its accompanying podcast Dua Lipa: At Your Service.
- The song "Sweetest Pie" by Dua Lipa and Megan Thee Stallion, along with a music video, was released on March 11, 2022, which is their first collaboration on a song.
- On 27 May 2022, she collaborated with Calvin Harris and Young Thug to release s song titled "Potion", serving as the lead single from Harris's sixth studio album Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2.
Who is Dua Lipa's boyfriend?
The 26-year-old British singer, Dua is an unmarried woman and is supposed to be single. However, she is rumored to be dating Spanish actor Aron Piper, because on 3rd June 2022 they were spotted dancing in a nightclub in Madrid.
Previously, she was in a relationship with the American model Anwar Hadid. They began dating each other in June 2019 but broke up in December 2021.
She was also in a relationship with the lead singer of the LANY band, Paul Klein. The couple began dating in August 2017. Since then, the lovebirds have maintained a perfect relationship between them. But in January 2018, it turned into a breakup.
She has also dated British chef and model, Isaac Carew. The duo began dating in 2015 and their relationship lasted for a couple of years. In March 2017, they broke up.
How much is Dua Lipa worth?
With her skills and dedication to work, Dua established herself as one of the renowned celebrities in the music industry. Lipa has a sound financial status, and she receives a reasonable sum of salary from her profession. According to some online sources, her estimated net worth is said to be $ 35 Million at present.
What height is Dua Lipa?
Observing her body statistics, Dua is decently tall with a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs 63 kilos. As her body is slim, the dresses of 8 (US) size fit perfectly. Her body is measured at 36-26-35 inches. Her hair is dark brown and has light brown eyes.
Did You Know?
- Lana Del Rey helped produce Lipa's first single, "New Love.".
- She worked as a waitress while living in London by herself at age 15.
- Her favorite performer is Nelly Furtado.