Édgar Ramírez Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Personal Life, Nationality, Age, Parents, Family, Ethnicity, Gay, Height, Wiki, Awards, Facts, Children
Edgar Ramrez is a Venezulan actor. He is best known for portraying the role of Carlos the Jackal in the French-German biographical film, "Carlos". The film is about the life of the 1970s Venezuelan terrorist Carlos the Jackal, covering his first series of attacks in 1973 until his arrest in 1994. He has also appeared in several films and TV series including "Domino", "The Bourne Ultimatum", "Che", "Cyrano Fernandez", "Vantage Point", "Wrath of the Titans", "An Open Heart", "Point Break", "The Girl On the Train", "Gold", "Furlough", and more.
Also, he was nominated for a Golden Globe and a Primetime Emmy Awards for his work in "Carlos" and "American Crime Story".
He was named a Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF0 on November 12, 2010. He was also part of "5 Senses in Action", an organization that benefits children with special needs.
He is quite active on social media platforms with around 3.6m followers on Instagram @edgerramirez, around 1.5m followers on Twitter @edgarramirez25, and around 63.9k followers on Facebook @edgarramirezofficial.
What is Edgar Ramirez famous for?
- Portraying the role of Carlos the Jackal in the French-German biographical film, Carlos.
- Playing the main role as Gianni Versace in the film, American Crime Story.
Source: [email protected]
Where was Edgar Ramirez born?
Edgar Ramirez was born on March 25, 1977, in San Cristobal, Tachira, Venezuela. His birth name is Edgar Filiberto Ramirez Arellano. He was born to his father, Filiberto Ramirez who was a military officer, and his mother, Soday Arellano who was an attorney. He has a sister named Nataly Ramirez.
He holds a Venezuelan nationality and belongs to the Hispanic ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Aries. He brought up as Roman Catholic.
Regarding his education, he graduated with a degree in mass communication, minoring in audiovisual communications from the Andres Bello Catholic University in 1999.
Edgar Ramirez Career Highlights
- Early in his career, Edgar Ramirez worked as an emerging journalist, reporting on politics when he was in college. Later on, he became executive director of Dale al Voto, a Venezuelan foundation.
- Ramirez began his acting career appearing in the successful soap opera "Cosita Rica" for Venevision in 2003.
- In the following year, he played the character of Pedro in the Venezuelan film, "Punto Y Raya".
- Ramirez made his major motion picture debut playing Choco, Domino Harvey's love interest in the film, "Domino" in 2005.
- In 2007, he played the lead role of Cyrano in the Venezuelan drama film "Cyrano Fernandez" which was based on the 1987 play Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand.
- He appeared in the political action thriller film, "Vantage Point "and the biographical film, "Che" in 2008.
- In 2010, he played the role of Carlos the Jackal in the French-German biographical film, "Carlos". The film is about the life of the 1970s Venezuelan terrorist Carlos the Jackal, covering his first series of attacks in 1973 until his arrest in 1994.
- He appeared as Angel Aotavento in the Colombian creme film, "Greetings to the Devil" in 2011.
- In 2012, he appeared in the film, "Wrath of the Titans" playing the role of Ares, the God of War. The film was the sequel of the 2010 action fantasy film, "Clash of the Titans".
- The same year, he played Larry in the film, "Zero Dark Thirty". He also played Javier in the French drama film, "An Open Heart" in the same year.
- He appeared as the Priest in the thriller film, "The Counselor" in 2013.
- In the following year, he played the role of Mendoza in the American supernatural horror film, "Deliver Us From Evil".
- He portrayed the character of Bodhi in the action thriller film, "Pointbreak" in 2015. The same year, he also portrayed the character of Tony Miranne in the biographical comedy-drama film, "Joy".
- In 2016, he played the character of Dr. Kamal Abdic in the mystery psychological thriller film, "The Girl on the Train".
- He also appeared in the films "Hands of Stone" and "Gold" in the same year.
- He played Gianni Versace in the second season of the anthology series, "American Crime Story" in 2018. Also, he played the role of Kevin Rivera in the 2018 comedy-drama film, "Furlough".
- In 2019, Ramirez appeared as Rene Gonzalez in the drama film, "Wasp Network" which was based on the book The Last Soldiers of the Cold War by Fernando Morais.
- He appeared 2020s biographical drama film, "Resistance", the film was inspired by the life of Marcel Marceau. In the film, he portrayed the character of Sigmund.
- The same year, he appeared in the action thriller film, "The Last Days of American Crime" playing the role of Grahm Bricke. The film was based on Rick Remender and Greg Tocchini's graphic novel of the same name.
- In 2021, he starred along with Jennifer Garner and Jenna Ortega in the American comedy film, "Yes Day". In the film, he played the role of Carlos Torres.
- Ramirez will be seen in his upcoming films such as "Jungle Cruise", "The 355", and "Losing Clementine".
Edgar Ramirez Awards and nominations
- Nominated for National Society of Film Critics Award as Best Actor in 2010.
- Nominated for L.A. Film Critics Association Award as Best Actor in 2010.
- Nominated for London Film Critics Association Award as Best Actor in 2010.
- Nominated for Screen Actors Guild Awards as Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or miniseries in 2010.
- Won Cesar Awards as Most Promising Actor in 2011.
- Nominated for Emmy Award as Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie in 2011.
- Nominated for Golden GlobeAwards as Best Performance by an Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television in 2011.
- Won an ALMA Award for Wrath of the Titans in 2012.
- Nominated for Emmy Awards as Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Limited Series or a Movie in 2018.
Who is Edgar Ramirez married to?
Edgar Ramirez is unmarried. However, he was romantically linked with three girls in the past. He was in a relationship with Nereida Soils but the relationship didn't go well so they broke up. Although, the information about her identity and their dating period is unavailable now.
He was also in a relationship with Jessica Chastain in 2012. However, Jessica married her Italian boyfriend in 2017.
He has also dated Cuban actress, Ana de Armas from 2014 to 2016.
How tall is Edgar Ramirez?
Edgar Ramirez is a handsome man with an athletic body build. He has a fair complexion with Dark Brown hair and Hazel eyes. He stands at 1.78m (5 feet and 10 inches) tall and his body weighs around 75kg (165 lbs.). His Chest, Waist, and Bicep sizes are 43 inches, 34 inches, and 15 inches respectively. His shoe size is 9(US). His sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Edgar Ramirez?
Edgar Ramirez has quite good earnings from his acting career. He also has extra earnings from endorsement deals with some brands like Johney Walker, Gap. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated to be $8 million. However, there is no information about his salary and other assets.
Did You Know?
- He fluently speaks Spanish, German, English, French and Italian.
- He was named a Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF0 on November 12, 2010.
- He is very fond of watches.