Ellen Barkin - Bio, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows, Ellen Barkin Leaving Animal Kingdom, Awards, Husband, Children, Birthday, Age, Height, Facts, Wiki
Ellen Barkin is an American actress and producer of Russian descent who was born and raised in New York City. She made her debut in acting in a minor role in the movie Smoke, but it was her appearance in Diner (1982) that got her noticed as that was her breakout movie. After that, she had a whole bunch of movies lined up for her. She has also put in stellar performances in movies such as This Boy’s Life, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Bad Company and Wild Bill. Неrе іѕ а quісk ѕummаrу оf Ellen'ѕ nеt wоrth іn 2019, саrееr аnd еаrnіngѕ.
Who are the parents of Ellen Barkin?
Recalling his early life, She was born in The Bronx, New York, U.S. She is the daughter of Evelyn and Sol Barkin. Her mother was a hospital administrator who worked at Jamaica Hospital and her father is a chemical salesman. Similarly, she has a brother George Barkin. Similarly, her nationality is American and her ethnicity is Ashkenazi Jewish.
Talking about her education, she attended Parsons Junior High School. She attended Manhattan’s High School of Performing Arts for her high school diploma. After that, she attended Hunter College and double majored in history and drama.
When did Ellen Barkin pursue her acting career?
- Talking about her career, her breakthrough role was in the 1982 film Diner. Similarly, in the following year, she had starring roles in films such as Tender Mercies(1983), The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984), The Big Easy (1987), Johnny Handsome and Sea of Love(both 1989).
- Moreover, her film credits include Man Trouble, Into the West (both 1992), This Boy’s Life (1993), Bad Company and Wild Bill (both 1995) and The Fan(1996). Other film credits are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999), Crime and Punishment in Suburbia(2000), Palindromes (2004) and many others.
- Likewise, her producing credits include the films Letters to Juliet, Shit Year (both 2010), and Another Happy Day (2011).
- Barkin has received acclaim for her performance in Another Happy Day. IndieWire cited her turn as one of the best female performances of the year. In 2015, she starred as Dani Kirschenbloom, in the Showtime comedy-drama series Happyish.
- In 2016, Barkin began starring as Janine "Smurf" Cody, the crime family's matriarch, in the TNT drama series the Animal Kingdom. The series is based on the 2010 Australian film where Smurf was played by Jacki Weaver.
Who is Ellen Barkin married to?
Reflecting her personal life, Ellen Barkin was married twice in her life. She was married to Gabriel Byrne at first. He is an actor and writer by profession. They met each other on Siesta set and married in 1988. Similarly, they have two children, Jack Daniel, and Romy Marion Byrne. But they divorced in the year 1999.
After that, she married Ronald O. Perelman in the year 2000. But they divorced in the year 2006. She received $40 million from him as alimony. She is currently in a relationship with Ben Emmerson who is a British lawyer. Furthermore, US Magazine mentioned that she is engaged already.
How much net worth does Ellen Barkin own?
Talking about her net worth, The estimated net worth of Ellen Barkin is around $80 million. She earns an enormous amount of money from her acting career and as a film producer. she has appeared in numerous movies and produced too.
Moreover, Ellen Barkin also received $40 million from the divorce with ex-husband Ronald Perelman. She has maintained such a huge net worth from her hard work and dedication in her life.
How tall is Ellen Barkin?
Observing her body physics, Ellen is decently tall with a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.7 m) and weighs about 64 kilos. Her body is hourglass-shaped measuring 37-26-37 inches. She wears a 34C bra, 10 (US) shoes, and 8 (US) dress. Her skin is white toned.
Trivias About Ellen Barkin You Need To Know.
- Once admitted in an interview that she often has to wear glasses because she has a condition that is causing her to lose some vision in one eye.
- Although she separated from first husband Gabriel Byrne in 1993, she did not file for divorce until May 1999.
- Won a Tony for her Broadway debut in 'The Normal Heart'.