Eugene Levy - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Wiki, Married, Wife, Children, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Awards, Career, Actor, Comedian, Movie, TV Shows
Eugene Levy is an amazing actor who has won the heart of millions of people with his brilliance in front of the camera. He has featured in smash movies and series like Finding Dory, Bringing Down The House, Schitt's Creek, Father Of The bride II and many others. He made a name for himself in the comedy genre with his excellent character depiction of Noah Levenstein in the blockbuster American pie franchise. The iconic actor has further stepped away from the camera to write, produce and direct films and TV series. His writing credits include For Your Consideration, Biographies: The Enigma of Bobby Bittman, and The Last Polka, among many others. to know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Eugene Levy famous for?
- A Canadian actor, comedian, producer, director, and writer.
Who is Daniel Levy, Eugene Levy's Son?
Where is Eugene Levy from?
Going back to his early life, Eugene was born in Hamilton, Canada to a Jewish family in the year 1946. His father was a foreman at an automobile plant and his mother was a housewife. he developed an interest in the world of acting since his childhood years. He is of Canadian nationality and belongs to the mixed ethnic background of Sephardi Jewish and Ashkenazi Jewish.
For education, He attended Westdale Secondary School. Later, he enrolled at McMaster University.
Where does Eugene work?
- Eugene Levy had been a big part of the sketch comedy series Second City Television, commonly known as SCTV from 1976-84, playing some of the most iconic supporting characters in the show. He portrayed a news anchor named Earl Camembert for the SCTV New’ which became one of his most popular characters.
- He also parodied real-life artists in that show. Some of the well-known artiste Levy impersonated were Ricardo Montalban, Alex Trebek, Sean Connery, Milton Berle, John Charles Daly, Gene Shalit, Judd Hirsch, and Ernest Borgnine, among many others. He was nominated for numerous awards for his contribution to the show and won the Primetime Emmy Award twice.
- In the 1970s and 1980s, He appeared in a series of popular films and television shows, including Deadly Companion, Splash, Stay Tuned, and Armed and Dangerous. He appeared in the 1991 American comedy film Father of the Bride and four years later, played a more significant role in the second part of the film alongside Steve Martin and Diane Keaton. He stamped his authority as a comedian through his stellar performance in the film.
- In 1996, he appeared in the American mockumentary comedy film Waiting for Guffman as Dr. Allan Pearl. He also wrote the script for the film. After a series of small roles in films like Richie Rich's Christmas Wish, The Secret Life of Girls, and Dogmatic, She was signed for a role in the American teen sex movie American Pie.
- He was given the role of Noah Levenstein, the clueless but loving dad of the protagonist, in the first part of the film. He performed brilliantly and his “cool dad” image won the hearts of the audience members. He went on to reprise the role in all the seven sequels of the original film between 1999 and 2009 and was one of the significant reasons for the success of the entire series.
- He worked again with his long-term friend Steve Martin in the 2003 American comedy film Bringing Down the House as Howie Rottman. In the family comedy-drama film Cheaper by the Dozen 2, he played the role of Jimmy Murtaugh.
- He has also done several voice roles in films like Curious George, Over the Hedge, and Astro Boy. He appeared as Albert Einstein in the fantasy adventure film Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian in 2009.
- He worked alongside Ellen DeGeneres, Albert Brooks, Kaitlin Olson, Ty Burrell, and Diane Keaton as a voice artist in the animation film Finding Dory, the sequel of Finding Nemo. The film grossed over $1 billion worldwide, making it the highest-grossing animated film of 2016 and the fourth-highest grossing animated film of all time.
Who is Eugene Levy married to?
The actor is a family guy who loves to spend quality time with his family. He is happily married to Deborah Divine in 1977. The couple shares a unique and strong bond with a successful marriage. The pair has two children, one son Daniel Levy and a daughter Sarah Levy. There is no news regarding any extramarital affairs at present.
How much is Eugene Levy worth?
The dynamic actor has worked on various movies, television series, and commercials. No doubt, he is a well-established actor, loved by many people. His choice of profession helped him become popular among millions of people. Moreover, this has helped Eugene grab income from different sources. He has an estimated net worth of $20 million, but he hasn’t disclosed his salary.
How tall is Eugene Levy?
Talking about his body statistics, Eugene stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and he weighs around 71 Kg. His eyes are black and hair color is dark brown. Further, he has an average body but his body measurement is still yet to be disclosed. Whenever we will update, we will let you know.