Eve (Rapper) - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Husband, Family, Parents, Age, Nationality, Height, Measurements, Wiki, Awards, Full Name, Facts, Kids
Eve, the professional name of Eve Jihan Jeffers Cooper, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, actress, and talk show hostess who is best known for her single "Let Me Blow Ya Mind". She is also famous for her role as Terri Jones in the film "Barbershop" and its sequels: "Barbershop 2: Back in Business" and "Barbershop: The Next Cut". She has released four studio albums: "Let There Be Eve...Ruff Ryders' First Lady", "Scorpion", "Eve-Olution", and "Lip Lock".Eve has won numerous awards including a Grammy Award, BET Award, Teen Choice Award, and MTV Video Music Award. She co-hosted the American talk show "The Talk" from 2017 to 2020. She also got ranked at 46th position on VH1's list of 50 Greatest Hip Hop Artists.
She is active in the social media platform with around 2.1 million followers on her verified Instagram account: @therealeve and has around 1.3 million followers on her Twitter account: @TheRealEve. Besides on 16th December 2020, she will be hosting the show "PLAY ON: Celebrating the Power of Music to Make Change" alongside American actor, Kevin Bacon. It will be aired on the CBS channel and will be raising money for two important charities "Legal Defence Fund" and "WhyHunger".
What is Eve famous for?
- Famous an American rapper, singer, songwriter, actress, and talk show
- Known for her single "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" and for her role as Terri Jones in the film "Barbershop" and its sequels film
Where is Eve from?
Eve was born on November 10, 1978, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. Her birth name is Eve Jihan Jeffers Cooper. She holds an American nationality. Her ethnicity is African-American while Scorpio is her zodiac sign. She is Christain by religion.
Eve was born as the only daughter of Julie Wilcher(mother) and Jerry Jeffers(father). Her mother was a publishing company supervisor while her father worked as a chemical plant supervisor. She has a brother named Harold Wilch.
She was raised in West Philadelphia until the age of 13. Then, her family moved to the neighborhood of Germantown. Since her childhood, she was interested in singing and she performed in many choirs and programs. She completed her studies at Martin Luther King High School. After graduation, she began working as a stripper until when rapper Mase convinced her not to do so and start her music career.
She also formed a female singing group (Dope Girl Posse or EDGP). After the group's split, she started her solo music career under the name "Eve of Destruction".
Eve's Career: Highlights
- Eve started her professional music career in 1998 as a rapper by appearing in the Bulworth soundtrack under the name "Eve of Destruction".
- She then signed with American rapper, Dr. Dre's record label "Aftermath Entertainment".
- Under the Aftermath Entertainment, she released her first single "What Ya'll Want" in June 1999. Her single peaked at no. 29 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
- Her first album "Let There Be Eve...Ruff Ryders' First Lady" got released on September 14, 1999, under Interscope and Ruff Ryders Entertainment. The album also peaked at no.1 on the Billboard Hot 200 and she became the third woman to do so.
- She got featured on Missy Elliott's single "Hot Boyz(Remix)" along with other artists such as Nas, Lil Mo, and Q-Tip. The remix broke the record for most weeks at number-one on the US R&B chart and also was at no. 1 on the Hot Rap Singles for 18 weeks.
- On March 6, 2001, she released her second album "Scorpion". She was widely appreciated for her album's single "Let Be Blow Ya Mind" which ranked at no.2 on the Billboard's Hot 100.
- The song featured American singer, Gwen Stefani. The song made Eve won her first Grammy Award which was for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration.
- In the same year, she won the BET award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist.
- Under Ruff Ryders Entertainment, she released her third album "Eve-Olution" on August 27, 2002. It charted at no. 6 on the Billboard Hot 200.
- The album's singles like "Gangsta Lovin'" and "Satisfaction" became very successful.
- She released her fourth album "Lip Lock" on May 14, 2013, under her own label "The Rib Music". The album's first single "Make It Out This Town" got released on February 23, 2013.
- Her fourth album charted at no. 46 on the Billboard Hot 200.
- After around 6 years, she released her very first single "Reload" on July 12, 2019. Her song featured Jamaican dancehall artist, Konshens.
- Before singing, Eve is a well-established actress.
- She made her film debut in 2002 by appearing in the role of J.J. on the American action film "XXX".
- As an actress, she got her career breakthrough in 2002 after she portrayed the role of Terri Jones in the American comedy-drama film "Barbershop". Her role also earned her an MTV Movie Awards Nomination for Best Female Breakthrough Performance.
- Since then, she has acted in various hit films including "The Woodsman", "The Cookout", "Good Hair", "Whip It", "188.8.131.52.", "All Wifed Out" and "Animal".
- She also acted as herself in the two documentaries: "Gumball 3000: LDN 2 NYC" and "Gumball 3000: Number 13".
- Eve reprised her breakthrough role of Terri Jones in the film, Barbershop's two sequels: "Barbershop 2: Back in Business", and "Barbershop: The Next Cut" respectively in 2004 and 2016.
- She has made her guest appearances in numerous TV shows and series including "Third Watch", "One on One", "America's Next Top Model", "LA Ink", "Stylista", "Glee", "MTV Africa Music Awards 2010", "Double Exposure", "The Getaway", "Kidding", "Happy Together", "Saturday Night Live" and "Empire".
- She has got featured on the covers of numerous magazines, including Essence, Teen People, Allure, Rolling Stone, Paper, Philadelphia Style, Giant, Blaze, Vibe, Inked, XXL and Ebony.
- From 2003 to 2006, she portrayed the starring role of fashion designer, Shelly Williams in the American sitcom "Eve". Later, she worked as the co-executive producer of the show for 21 episodes.
- She along with American singer, Gwen Stefani performed "Rich Girl" on NBC's competition series "The Voice".
- Eve began co-hosting of the CBS Daytime talk show "The Talk" on November 14, 2017. She and her The Talk co-stars also received a second Daytime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host.
- On 2nd November 2020, live on The Talk, she announced that she would be leaving the show at the end of the year.
- At present, she is busy working on her upcoming 2nd season of the Netflix series "Feel Good".
- 1 Grammy Award
- 1 ASCAP Pop Music Award
- 3 ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Awards
- 1 Black Reel Award
- 1 BMI Pop Award
- 3 MCP Awards
- 1 MTV Video Music Award
- 1 Much Music Video Award
- 1 Soul Train Award
- 4 Teen Choice Awards
- 1 My VH1 Music Award
- 1 VH1 Vogue Fashion Award
Eve is a married woman. She is currently married to her only husband, Maximillion Cooper. Cooper is an American businessman. The couple started dating each other in 2010 and got engaged on December 25, 2013. The couple got married on June 14, 2014, in Ibiza, Spain. The couple together doesn't have any child due to Eve's fertility problem. However, she has four stepchildren from Cooper's previous marriage with businesswoman, Julie Brangstrup.
At present, she is living a happy lifestyle with her family. For her work, she has to keep moving in London, Los Angeles, and New York. Also, Eve doesn't have good relation with New York City-based rapper Foxy Brown and has been involved in few controversies with her.
Eve Net Worth
Eve has quite good earnings from her professional career as a rapper, singer, actress, and TV show host. Having her professional music started at the early age of 20, Eve has come a long way up becoming one of the recognized singers and actresses in the Hollywood film industry. She has won dozens of awards and honors including a Grammy Award.
Her source of income is surely her songs, films, series, and shows. With her hard work for years, Eve undoubtedly has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $10 million as of 2020. She also made additional income from her endorsement deals with renowned brands like Pepsi, Clarica, and Sprite.
Eve is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique in her early 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 7inches. (1.70m) while her body weighs around 60kg(132 lbs).Her body measurement is around 34-23-35 inches with a bra size of 34B, and 6(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with black hair and brown eyes. She has planted two tattoos of dog paws on her chest.
Trivias About Eve (Rapper) You Need To Know.
- eve is nicknamed as "Pitbull in a skirt”
- She gave her voice for the role of Major Jones in the video game "XII" in 2003.
- She has appeared in television commercials for renowned brands like Clarica, Pepsi, and Sprite
- She owned a clothing line called Fetish from 2003 to 2009
- She also was a contestant on the game show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" and won $32,000 for her charity.
- She doesn't have good relation with New York City-based rapper Foxy Brown and has been involved in few controversies with her.