Greg Anthony - Bio, Net Worth, Affair, Wife, Son, NBA, College, Stats, Salary, Current Team, Career, Cole Anthony, Basketball, Parents, Children, News
A Talented NBA player and a television analyst have the unmatched fame height and popularity. Greg Anthony who always played as a point guard and defensive specialist has career-best figure while playing for Vancouver racking up 14 points average per game. After a decline in his physicality, the player ultimately decided to make use of 11 years experience and serve as a college basketball analyst for CBS.
What Is Greg Anthony Famous For?
- A Talented NBA player and a television analyst.
Where Is Greg Anthony Born?
Greg Anthony was born with the birth name Gregory Charlton Anthony in Los Vegas, Nevada. He possesses American Nationality now shares in expert analysis of college basketball utilizing his 11 years of experience.
He graduated from the Rancho High School, North Las Vegas in the United States. He also joined the University of the Portland and played the freshman college basketball. Then he moved to the University of Nevada where he had his further career.
When Did Greg Anthony Pursue His NBA Career?
- His professional career began in 1991 when he was selected as the 12th pick overall by the New York Knicks in the NBA Draft. He stayed with the Knicks until 1995, when he was selected by the Vancouver Grizzlies in the expansion draft held that year. He was regarded as a poor scorer, however, his defensive skills were extraordinary, which enabled him to gain highly paid contracts, which were the main source of his net worth.
- He stayed with the Grizzlies until 1997, when his contract expired. The following season he signed with the Seattle SuperSonics, increasing further his net worth, however, he played only for one year, moving from Seattle to the Portland Trailblazers.
- He retired in 2002, but before that, he played also for the Chicago Bulls, and Milwaukee Bucks, which also added to his net worth. Greg finished his career with 5,497 points, 2,997 assists and 887 steals in a total of almost 900 games.
- Soon after retirement, Greg ventured into a broadcasting career, finding engagement at ESPN, as an analyst of the NBA coverage on the channel, and also on the ABC, which has also added to his net worth. Little by little he became more and more featured on television, and in 2008 he made his debut as the analyst for the college basketball on the CBS. During the 2012-2013 season, Greg worked as the color commentator for the YES Network, covering the games of the Brooklyn Nets.
- Furthermore, in 2014 he became the lead commentator of CBS`s college basketball coverage, replacing Clark Kellog in that position.
To Whom Greg Anthony was married?
Speaking about his personal life, Greg Anthony is married to dermatologist Chere Lucas Anthony; the couple has a daughter and a son. Previously, he was in a marriage with Crystal McCrary Anthony, with whom he has two children. Greg has also been focused on politics, endorsing several republican and democratic candidates, interestingly including Barack Obama in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012. In 2015, he was arrested under charges of soliciting a prostitute and was sentenced to 32 hours of community service. He was also suspended from CBS but returned in March 2016.
As of 2019, Greg Anthony seems to spend a happy life with his family and kids. His posts in social media include the summary and information of his family and son. His posts on Instagram summarizes the information and news stories of the NBA. He keeps most of the updates of the NBA on his social accounts.
How Much Is Greg Anthony's Net Worth?
The NBA star during his playing career and a successful analyst after getting retirement, he certainly has worked as a warhorse. During this course, the coveted player amasses a decent net worth of more than $10 million. He racks up a substantial salary from CBS and Turner Sports where he works as a studio analyst.
He has also credited for the Yahoo! Sports as an analyst of the college basketball team and also serves as a co-host and analyst on SiriusXM NBA Radio.
How Tall Is Greg Anthony?
The NBA player who is currently aged 49 stands a tall height of 6 feet. As a player, he has an excellent physique. He has a balance weight of 80 kg. His other body information was not disclosed yet. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Greg Anthony You Need To Know.
- Retired NBA guard.
- Selected by the New York Knicks in the 1st Round (12th pick overall) of the 1991 NBA Draft.
- Played guard for the New York Knicks (1991-1995), Vancouver Grizzlies (1995-1997), Seattle Supersonics (1997-1998), Portland Trailblazers (1998-1901), and Milwaukee Bucks (2001-2002).